Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By Luke Smith
In this post I will be sharing interesting facts about stay puft that I have learned and with the help from Bill Bryan Himself. I’ll be taking a look at production photos of stay puft and showing you some small things that you might not have notice before. I already organized all my stay puft photos in 8 different folders corespondent to each suit used(and the demo suit) Me and Bill also have been collaborating on original Stay Puft Suit Plans/blueprints for anyone wanting to build a stay puft. If you got any rare or better angled views of the fiberglass head of stay puft please post them. Tomorrow I’ll tell you what different materials stay puft was made from.
Kingpin liked this
By Luke Smith
So here’s a quick summarization of how and what Stay puft was made from. All props were made from fiberglass, latex foam, polyurethane, L200 foam, and 1” white 100 PPI scotfoam.
The head of Stay Puft used red-dyed fiberglass with hand drilled cut out for facial movements. The outer layer was made from latex foam. A helmet was inside the fiberglass skull to wear and leveled out for a view out the mouth hidden within a blackout screen.
The hat was also made with latex foam. For the dark blue band with “Stay Puft” hand-painted on for each (there was one with the text raised) were long strips of polyurethane. The red tie attached to the hat was a single strip of 0.5” red scotfoam.
The bib was made from dark blue 1” scotfoam and hand-painted white strip. Three pieces of foam were used to make the bibs unique shape. The red bow is made from 6 pieces and attaches under the bib.
The torso was originally made for soft urethane foam (fiberglass body would be needed) but in the final build, but changed to a semi-rigid 1” unpainted white scotfoam over a sheet of L200 foam. To allow actors to wear the suit a zipper hidden from view.
The arms and legs were both 1” unpainted white scotfoam over a sheet of L200 foam. all seams were hidden from view. The hands and feet were made differently than the hands were made from latex foam and the feet were made from latex and filled with polyurethane.
Since foam yellows quickly when exposed to light and air over periods, they made big black plastic bags to keep the suits in and keep them clean and white.
Eight Stay Puft Suits were required for the movie, seven burnt, and the hero. All suits were constructed in the same way, however due to them being assembled by hand, there are some very small variations throughout the suits. Thanks to Bill Bryan reviewing my pdf file
Wafflerobot liked this
By Luke Smith
If anyone trying to find a specific stay puft photo, I may have one just ask. Also anyone know who or where I can find the sound effects from Stay puft?
By Luke Smith
Sorry for not posting. Right now I am learning puppeteering, I am going to learn how Stay puft’s face armature works also how the lever sticks work. Then I am going to think how can I use servos in the face with my experience with robots and rc airplanes. Sorry for rambling.
By gerard55
Was it ever mentioned how the red tie fell off and seemingly wasn't noticed when Stay Puft is getting blasted? Have to admit i didn't notice it was missing for years for some reason.
By Kingpin
gerard55 wrote: November 14th, 2020, 3:09 pm Was it ever mentioned how the red tie fell off and seemingly wasn't noticed when Stay Puft is getting blasted? Have to admit i didn't notice it was missing for years for some reason.
No explanation has been provided, but the likely thing is that they forgot to reattach it between takes.
gerard55 liked this
By mrmichaelt
The story about the missing tie is told in Cleaning' Up The Town. Thaine Morris was getting pretty busy so he hired a guy named Joe Viscoli to help out. And when the blue bib was being prepped for that scene of him getting blasted by the Ghostbusters, Bill Bryan told Viscoli the red tie was missing and Viscoli told him he got it. After filming was done, Bryan claims he shot up in bed at 2 am and told his wife they forgot to put the tie on. He later told Michael Gross and Gross rationalized there would be so much going on in the final cut of the scene that no one would notice the discrepancy. He then asked Bryan if it was decided they re-shoot, who they should bill the extra $30,000 to. Bryan crossed his arms and pointed in opposite directions.
gerard55 liked this

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]

I love that. I actually think a better version of […]

Afterlife Ecto Goggles Build

Thank you for posting this information. This is a[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]