For the various Ghostbusters Cartoon series. Real Ghostbusters, Extreme Ghostbusters and more!
With “Masters of the Universe Revelation” being such a big hit(tho controversial) it got me thinking. We are seeing a lot of Revival series lately. If Netflix were to pursue a “Ghostbusters” revival, which series would you want to see? EGB or RGB?

Personally, I’d rather see EGB but if anything were to happen it would probably be RGB. If Afterlife is a hit…I could see this happening. Nostalgia is in right now, the Real Ghostbusters toys are on the market and apparently selling.

Just imagine seeing a “Real Ghostbusters” show done on Netflix. With great animation and a serialized story? Plus Netflix already has a relationship with Sony.

If fans want to see this happen, we gotta make some noise. I’m serious. “Real Ghostbusters” was HUGE back in the day. I think this has a serious shot at happening if the idea gets in front of the right people. Just imagine…
I'm all for a new Ghostbusters cartoon, but unlike He-man, neither GB team had a "big bad". It was all monster of the week type deal. I know this wasn't one of the options you gave, but I'd LOVE for them to make a cartoon based off of the IDW comics. At first I was going to suggest the voice actors of RGB be cast in the main roles, but if they ever got to the Get Real and Crossing Over arcs, that'd get a bit confusing.
zeta otaku wrote: July 27th, 2021, 2:41 am I'm all for a new Ghostbusters cartoon, but unlike He-man, neither GB team had a "big bad". It was all monster of the week type deal. I know this wasn't one of the options you gave, but I'd LOVE for them to make a cartoon based off of the IDW comics. At first I was going to suggest the voice actors of RGB be cast in the main roles, but if they ever got to the Get Real and Crossing Over arcs, that'd get a bit confusing.
@ *referring to bold*

I think this would be a better idea; a new animated show based in the IDW canon has better opportunities here for RGB/EGB (as well as any other piece of GB lore such as TVG, SOS, etc.) than a standalone revival for each of them.
I'd feel more on the side of "Extreme Ghostbusters", as while it lasted 40 Episodes and had a beautiful sendoff, I feel maybe more of the series' lore could be shelled out through Netflix, it could even be more intense than the last, Since it wouldn't be on a Kids network like Fox Kids or BKN, where the standard was to Make it Creepy, but still Okay for kids to watch. (FOX/BKN Broadcasts depended on where you lived.) I think maybe a few extra episodes to close possible gaps would be great. Plus, It may be harder to make a Real Ghostbusters Revival without DiC, who produced every episode of it's original series, Meanwhile the XGB was produced in-house at Sony (through Adelaide Productions), So they hopefully shouldn't have any troubles there.
I know they had to "redesign" some of the RGB related stuff for XGB due to copyright stuff (hence why Slimer looks like he's sleep deprived and Egon has a pony tail). I think that's what they did with the He-Man revival, they almost look identical to the 80s cartoon but not quite due to filmation still holding the rights. I'd like to see an RGB revival, but concentrated around stand alone tales rather than leading up to a big bad (kinda like x-files).
I'd rather a new or revival series took cues from Real Ghostbusters rather than Extreme.

Extreme really isn't so good. Drab colour palette. Most of the "ghosts" are Men-in-Black style insectoid creatures. Eduardo awful in both design and his sub-Venkman quipping. There are some good episodes, and the occasional innuendo raises a smile, but it really only highlights to me how magic the RGB formula was - the animation was better, tonally it was broader and even though the runtime was the same, it had more depth to it - the stories felt complete and rounded whereas EGB often ends abruptly after the bust.
SpaceBallz wrote: July 29th, 2021, 2:07 am I know they had to "redesign" some of the RGB related stuff for XGB due to copyright stuff (hence why Slimer looks like he's sleep deprived and Egon has a pony tail). I think that's what they did with the He-Man revival, they almost look identical to the 80s cartoon but not quite due to filmation still holding the rights. I'd like to see an RGB revival, but concentrated around stand alone tales rather than leading up to a big bad (kinda like x-files).
Is that true? Is that why the old style RGB mannequin in the glass display case is awkwardly blurred out sometimes?

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]

Uniform Tips

Sorry for the triple post (you guys have gotten […]

Proton Props???

Ugly Little Spud, Did you actually get the pack?[…]