Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By Shock Trooper
Hello.I got this piece a few years ago but I don't know much about its origins. I think it was going to be a gift that would accompany Steve Johnson's book but I can't be sure. Apparently it was sculpted by Steve himself but I can't be sure either.

Any help to identify what this piece is?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Shock Trooper on September 13th, 2021, 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
By mrmichaelt
Could be the miniature Steve fabricated for long shots of Slimer swishing around the hotel chandelier. But ultimately it was never used on screen. I think it was at least talked about in Making Ghostbusters around page 70 or so.
By ghostfan003
Maybe at some point in the last three years Steve possibly wanted to sell it as part of a rewards system for his Kickstarter for the second volume of his book. But this video done by Tested in 2017 possibly shows the original intent behind that casting:

I really feel that that video done by Geek Culture is a tad too harsh on Steve. Understandably, there has been a lot of backlash for failure to deliver on the rewards Steve promised for the backing of his latest Rubberhead book. The man has lived quite the life, to put it mildly, and it seems like some of his demons have come back to haunt him. His backers have been foaming at the mouth after being bilked out of a lot of cash, apparently. This negativity has allegedly affected Steve’s health to the point where he had been hospitalized for a while, according to one of his friends that has been working with Steve for the last decade. His friend made it sound like Steve was almost near death.
Last edited by Kingpin on September 13th, 2021, 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Fixed YouTube code
By d_osborn
It's one of Steve's modern sculpts, nothing from the production of GB. I believe casts of this is what he was selling at Fan Fest.

I hate to hear about Steve's health and issues. Hopefully he's feeling better and stronger now. Fingers crossed the new book is published soon. The dude is a character, for sure. I've always seen him as the Hunter S Thompson of the Creature FX Biz.
Shock Trooper liked this
    Proton Props UK

In the uk a prize draw of this kind with only a pa[…]

Uniform Tips

You're going to be going to cons, not hiking up Sn[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]