Discuss the Ghostbusters movie that was released in 2016.
They can start writing, there's no issues with that... Lord knows how many times they rewrote Ghostbusters 3 over the last 20+ years, and well, we all know what happened to that...
I have a feeling that Thisnall comes down to Sony really not knowing what the hell they're doing. They have no plan and no vision. They're so desperate for franchises and a Marvel style shared universe that I can only imagine that behind the scenes it's a total s**t storm. But it's been a mess for 25 years right? Not surprised that it still is. All I know is that it's still a miracle that they got the reboot in front of cameras.

If anything, at least that shows a confidence and competence in Paul Feig and Katie Dippold. The deal was made last August and the first draft script was turned in sometime around December/January. June 19th and the cameras are rolling. To me, that sounds like a production that has there act together in spite of a studio that has been spinning it's Ghostbusters wheels for the last two decades.

(Before anyone comes after me with all of the reasons why GB3 was delayed over the years, trust me, I know. In general though, Sony is a huge cluster f*** of clashing ideas and bad approaches. I've read a lot of the Sony leaked emails and it's scary how business is being done over there in Culver City)
CraigTHEOWL1 wrote:I have a feeling that Thisnall comes down to Sony really not knowing what the hell they're doing. They have no plan and no vision. They're so desperate for franchises and a Marvel style shared universe that I can only imagine that behind the scenes it's a total s**t storm. But it's been a mess for 25 years right? Not surprised that it still is. All I know is that it's still a miracle that they got the reboot in front of cameras.

If anything, at least that shows a confidence and competence in Paul Feig and Katie Dippold. The deal was made last August and the first draft script was turned in sometime around December/January. June 19th and the cameras are rolling. To me, that sounds like a production that has there act together in spite of a studio that has been spinning it's Ghostbusters wheels for the last two decades.

(Before anyone comes after me with all of the reasons why GB3 was delayed over the years, trust me, I know. In general though, Sony is a huge cluster f*** of clashing ideas and bad approaches. I've read a lot of the Sony leaked emails and it's scary how business is being done over there in Culver City)
This makes me wonder how much time Sony's copyright had. I know the only reason they continue making Marvel movies is so the rights don't go back to, well, Marvel, and sadly it tends to show.
sandmanfvr wrote:Interesting read thank you for that, but the section on the Feig script, kind of a spoiler and I wished that was in spoiler quotes etc. I mean now I might know the movies plot, kind of bummed.
Same thing happened to me on another site. Now that I see leaked photos that seem to confirm what I read, I keep thinking "I know too much!"
sandmanfvr liked this
ThrowingChicken wrote:I don't think Feig would put in those nods to intentionally piss off the fanbase. It's probably more of a "paved with good intentions" thing where an attempt to please Riteman and the fans just wasn't met with the fanfare he thought it would be met with.

Seeing the firehouse, but getting a place above a Chinese restaurant instead just seems like a waste/tease. Slimer being a ghost who gets his appendages blown off by the proton stream is just "what?" to me. The Comicon thing makes me cringe since it sounds as bad as the SDCC scene from I Wish I Was Here, where the brother shows up in a crappy home made costume and wins the costume contest while everyone is drooling over it.
I'm totally agree with you !

P.s. In my opinion one of the few directors who could really make a good Ghostbusters 3 in the future, is Chris Columbus..

We're bringing you the latest updates to the GBFan[…]

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

This is awesome, One time. I love reading explanat[…]

And, lastly, for now, the video that prompted me t[…]