Discuss the Ghostbusters movie that was released in 2016.
Raystantz Italy wrote:Feig promised to make an "original and very funny movie". From the premise who was leaked some weeks ago, his movie is just a lameand loosy remake of the first movie with poor nods to the original movies to keep the fanbase calm and away from his throat (the gbs are shown a firehouse but they can't afford it; they have a white hearse, their first bust is a green fat mafia ghost , at the end they battle a giant ghost. How original!!!!) He promised new and original carachters to avoid any comparison with the Fab Four....and yet we have an Egon (Mc Kinnon who builded a PKE meter) a Ray (Mc Carthy who believe and love working in the paranormal field), a Peter (Wiig who is embarrassed by his past work on ghosts) and a Winston (Jones, who is the everyday man and does the heavy work. And she's black like Ernie Hudson). So: no original story and no original carachters. This movie will be funny to watch but not strong enough to relaunch a franchise. Reitman know this and formed Ghost corps to revitalize GB the way he always wanted to, before Pascal and Sony took his baby away from his hands.
Yeah I don't think those nods that Feig put in his outline are going to calm the fan base down. The way they are executed I think it may enrage them more. I was pretty Ticked off. I know in the business your not supposed to get your feelings hurt by the media, but I can't help but think that is exactly what has happened to Feig. His vision was torn apart by a good portion of the fanbase and now is deliberately pissing fans off with these "fun nods" to the original. They just seem so weak and unfunny and that is surprising coming from a director that supposedly knows how to deliver a punch line. I think he is putting these weak references to the original as a big middle finger to the fans because he thinks the majority are a bunch of sexist jerks. I could be reading too much into the situation and this outline may have been his vision all along, but if it is this movie seems like it will be one of those films that you go and see and as you are watching it are just wishing you were watching the original. That is not the mark of a decent remake. I also have to laugh, when I read those emails the people involved kept saying how much respect and admiration they had for Ivan Reitman, but then to read all the horrible things that they had said about him being a PAIN. That to me is serious disrespect. It truly feels like the movie was hijacked from Ivan Reitman. So I am hoping something good comes out of Ghost Corpse. Ivan Reitman won't stop them from making their movie so I guess there is nothing stopping him from making the movie he wants to make. I hope some new developments are revealed soon. :):):)
I don't think Feig would put in those nods to intentionally piss off the fanbase. It's probably more of a "paved with good intentions" thing where an attempt to please Riteman and the fans just wasn't met with the fanfare he thought it would be met with.

Seeing the firehouse, but getting a place above a Chinese restaurant instead just seems like a waste/tease. Slimer being a ghost who gets his appendages blown off by the proton stream is just "what?" to me. The Comicon thing makes me cringe since it sounds as bad as the SDCC scene from I Wish I Was Here, where the brother shows up in a crappy home made costume and wins the costume contest while everyone is drooling over it.
ThrowingChicken wrote:I don't think Feig would put in those nods to intentionally piss off the fanbase. It's probably more of a "paved with good intentions" thing where an attempt to please Riteman and the fans just wasn't met with the fanfare he thought it would be met with.

Seeing the firehouse, but getting a place above a Chinese restaurant instead just seems like a waste/tease. Slimer being a ghost who gets his appendages blown off by the proton stream is just "what?" to me. The Comicon thing makes me cringe since it sounds as bad as the SDCC scene from I Wish I Was Here, where the brother shows up in a crappy home made costume and wins the costume contest while everyone is drooling over it.
Yeah 'Paved with good intentions" I don't think it can be put any better. That is a very good point. Yeah from what the outline reveals this group seems to be very inept at Ghostbusting. The original Ghostbusters were learning on the cuff and that was part of the comedy, but it sound like this group spends most of its time messing things up and having the media laugh at them. It just doesn't make this crop look very good. :):):)
It's starting to sound like this isn't even a reboot anymore, just a bad parody.

Are we sure this isn't going to be called "Ghost Busting Movie"?
ghoulishfright liked this
Smeghead wrote:It's starting to sound like this isn't even a reboot anymore, just a bad parody.

Are we sure this isn't going to be called "Ghost Busting Movie"?

I know right? There is not much that is being discussed about the movie, we know it will start filming in the coming months. Nothing new has really been brought up. The fan community has kind of stopped talking about it. Or there just is nothing to report. :):):)
I think we'll get some updates once the filming starts....and then, when the rumor mill will be again at it's lowest...we'll get a fresh batch of news regarding Tatumbusters.

The very sad thing about Feigbusters is that some people are making racists jokes on Jones' twitter account. That's not fair. I don't like this reboot too...but calling her a gorilla is too much. If I was Leslie i'd reply to them: "Hey, this is not the Filmation Ghostbusters movie!"
Raystantz Italy wrote:I think we'll get some updates once the filming starts....and then, when the rumor mill will be again at it's lowest...we'll get a fresh batch of news regarding Tatumbusters.

The very sad thing about Feigbusters is that some people are making racists jokes on Jones' twitter account. That's not fair. I don't like this reboot too...but calling her a gorilla is too much. If I was Leslie i'd reply to them: "Hey, this is not the Filmation Ghostbusters movie!"

Oh Ouch!!! Yeah that is just pretty mean spirited. Yeah as much as I hate this direction it is none of the actresses fault. It's the studio and director. The only one that I absolutely can't stand is Melissa Mcarthy I find her obnoxious. The others I'm sad to say I have never seen them perform so I can't say just how well they will do. Either way I look forward to updates. :):):)
http://bluebelldigital.co.uk/eastgrinst ... -director/ Drew Pearce started writing in March....so it's normal that they don't have a cast in mind. Plus, Tatum is onboard only as a producer. Plus the Russos brothers formed Gateway, their own production company with this Ghostbusters being one of the first movies in the pipeline.
Thanks Raystanz Italy, I had read that article recently and Pearce mentions Pratt and Tatum by name as the stars so I was a bit thrown off. I suppose that means he is writing that script with those actors in mind. I know that the script is in it's early stages afterall the first script with the original film had John Belushi, Eddie Murphy, Dan Aykroyd in mind and it changed into something even better. The Same thing couldbe applied here. Thanks again. :):):)
Well I am still more excited about the Tatum one than Fieg's which is about to start filming. Like I said the more I hear the guy talk the less I like him. He just comes off as some kind of arrogant prick. Is it just me, he is at least consistent when he says "I only care about my funny women." I don't think these women need Feig to speak for them, if they are truly funny they will stand on their own. Everytime he promotes his vision he just comes off as desperate. Almost like saying "Please come see my shitty movie' it will give you a few chuckles I swear." :):):).
It's Feig's schtick as much as anything else. He's hell bent on the idea now, regardless of how many fans he annoys. I've, admittedly, not seen much of his work and what I've seen I didn't like. I'm not sure how this movie would be any different.

In the hands of the right director, I imagine an all women team could make for a good movie, just not with Feig's vision.

As for the one with Tatum: Ideally I would prefer to combine the two different movies and have a mixed team. Otherwise, its just going to the other extreme, which in a way is rather sad.
roguespectre wrote:It's Feig's schtick as much as anything else. He's hell bent on the idea now, regardless of how many fans he annoys. I've, admittedly, not seen much of his work and what I've seen I didn't like. I'm not sure how this movie would be any different.

In the hands of the right director, I imagine an all women team could make for a good movie, just not with Feig's vision.

As for the one with Tatum: Ideally I would prefer to combine the two different movies and have a mixed team. Otherwise, its just going to the other extreme, which in a way is rather sad.

I agree. The only problem I have is the fact that it is a remake and not a sequel. If it was a movie disguised as a remake and the Fun Nods were actually clues that the other movies did indeed happen I would be on board.

From what I understand about the Tatum film if it does turn out to be something that comes to fruition, Tatum and Pratt would be just 2 of the stars, the male centric thing was blown out of proportion. I heard somewhere that there would be women on that team. Why make a big deal that they are making a male centric Ghostbusters? We have already seen that with the original film.. So it would make more sense to have a mixed team because that would be something new. I just want to see a film with whatever originals they can get to pass the proton packs to a new crop. I just want the original team envolved in some way. The only reason I am excited about the concept of another film being worked on is the chance that this one may be a more conventional sequel since Feig's clearly isn't. :):):)
Okay if that is a real teaser poster that just sucks. It just comes off as a cheap imitation of the original, and that tag line just exploits the fact that the biggest thing the movie has going for it is that the Ghostbusters are women. Why can't they just stick with We're Ready to Believe You." ? :) I hope this is just bull. :):):)

I am still hoping that a good product can come from this. :):):)
I would at least think Sony would do a better job than that... so I'm raising the bullshit flag on this one...
YHSCraig liked this
They won't change the logo. It's one of the most recognizable and iconic logos in the world. Maybe they'll change everything else but that poster is FAKE. And if it is real....then that will annoy me badly.
New PKE build

One more video demonstration with handheld operati[…]

Yep, and nightmare on elm street dream warriors.

You can see our Paranormal Boots in action here: […]

Ghostheads

Ghostheads is SO bad. So cringe. Not even in a g[…]