Discuss the Ghostbusters movie that was released in 2016.
By weepel
pyhasanon wrote:
Kingpin wrote:Kinda gives me the vibe of a post-millennium version of Run DMC's version of the theme.
Agreed, while it doesn't sound bad, I'm still not fond of Fall Out Boy's vocalist, but you would be correct that it would be this generation's Run DMC GB theme...
I really can't stand the way the singer sings in that band. The style they play it sounds just like every other fall out boy song, so I'm definitly not a fan. I wish they would have got some kind of synth rock band to do it. I liked when The Rentals were playing it live a couple years ago. I didn't even think Fall Out Boy was still relevant enough to be making this generations GB theme. Of course The Rentals haven't been relevant since 1999.
By d_osborn
weepel wrote:I liked when The Rentals were playing it live a couple years ago.
Whaaaaaaaaaaaat?!?! Awesome!
By Slimered
Alphagaia wrote:
Demon Vice Commander wrote:I just listened to Elle King's new song "Good Girls", and it has a pretty good sound; I can see it being Holtzmann's own theme song. ;)
I think it will be used for a montage of capturing ghosts. It has that kind of bad ass feel to it.
Or on the car radio in the Ecto-1. Maybe even in the Chinese restaurant HQ.
By Creativeguy
I knew it. I absolutely knew that the Fall Out Boy Missy deal would be just as it turned out and it's fricken awful. I knew it would be FOB singing the theme and then Missy "rapping " some random unrelated crap.
By Jangonate
I was surprised at how much I enjoyed the theme...or at least what I've heard of it. Seems like it fit the scene shared on Kimmel. Not a big music guy so I'm not gonna have strong feelings either way. I've also never had a thing against FOB. My wife loves them so they're on the radio a lot in her car. Hey, it's better than modern country!

Now the other single that was just released...the one by G Easy or whoever that guy is...I don't feel that one. So they're two out of three with me right now.

Can't believe they'll release these other singles before the main theme.
By Scum
"Never saw it coming" - G-Easy, Jeremiah... Might grow on me, but it's the typical over produced and talent-less crap that comes out of the mainstream R&B / Rap scene these days.

I'm calling it, this is the song that comes on after the theme during the credits, just has that kinda sounds IMO. :whatever:
By Alphagaia
I dislike the start of the new song, but once the rapping is done it grows on me. Sounds like the villain song, or the song used to build up the army as they get ready for action near the grand finale.
By Scum
Well, I was right. It's grown on me. and my 4 month old son is absolutely OBSESSED with this song, oh boy.
By Travis Burrell
I didn't even know there was a thread on this but, awesome.

I just heard "Saw it coming" again. Its really growing on me. I like it.
I thought I would throw a list up of songs im finding on youtube:

Any others you guys know are fully published yet? Im not talking mashups or mixes.
Last edited by Kingpin on June 23rd, 2016, 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Added YouTube code
By Jangonate
I'm a bit torn on the new theme. Need to listen to it a few more times. Sounds really good in the scene I saw from the movie and I love the "Not afraid" part. Need to get this on my phone and listen to it in the car.
Alphagaia liked this
By Alphagaia
The first time I heard it, I was mehh, it's ok, but nothing special, now it's growing on me. Still not great, but above average. Nice little oriental bit in there to reference the temporary GB HideOut.

I still like 'good girls' and 'Saw it coming' better, though.
Travis Burrell, Kingpin liked this
By Jangonate
Believe it or not, one of my favorite parts is when it ends. No, I'm not saying I'm ecstatic when it's finally over. But I really like that it fizzles out like the Ecto siren.
Alphagaia liked this
By Travis Burrell
d_osborn wrote:The new siren is really growing on me! At first I was pretty disappointed, but it works.
Im actually VERY happy about this siren. When I moved to Pittsburgh, PA I first heard that siren on an ambulance out here and at that time (5 years ago) I thought to myself, "MAN that would make a great new ecto siren" surprise surprise!

Have you heard the sound of the siren on the 2016 ecto 1 from the Jay Leno commercial with Dan Aykroyd??? that siren sounds bad ass!!!
Sav C liked this
By SonofSamhain
Ghostbusters was all about the FEELING. Both the original & 1989 soundtracks were extensions of the films' larger-than-life aesthetic & it's balance of horror & comedy. It echoed the urgency of a city on the brink of destruction & it's salvation through the Ghostbusters. Even the animated series picked up on this in both the Tahiti soundtrack & Shuki Levy's score. This is more than just seeing this through nostalgia glasses because you can click on any YouTube video which features the Tahiti songs or the Shuki Levy BGM & that same FEELING envelopes you again (30 years later!)

Nothing about this film's soundtrack is about feeling. Void of all charm & the feeling that kept the name "Ghostbusters" above the fray of your average comedy. It's just a hollowed shell with a couple of familiar elements as bait. Though I am interested in hearing the updated version of Ray Parker, Jr.'s original theme, the majority of this movie's soundtrack is further evidence of it's soullessness.
Have you seen the full tracklisting?

1. Ghostbusters – WALK THE MOON
2. Saw It Coming – G-Eazy & Jeremih
3. Good Girls – Elle King
4. Girls Talk Boys – 5 Seconds Of Summer
5 wHo – ZAYN
6. Ghostbusters – Pentatonix
7. Ghoster – Wolf Alice
8. Ghostbusters (I’m Not Afraid) – Fall Out Boy & Missy Elliott
9. Get Ghost – Mark Ronson, Passion Pit & A$AP Ferg
10. Party Up (Up In Here) – DMX
11. Rhythm Of The Night – DeBarge
12. American Woman – Muddy Magnolias
13. Want Some More – Beasts Of Mayhem
14. Ghostbusters – Ray Parker Jr.

:sigh:
Last edited by SonofSamhain on June 23rd, 2016, 10:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By pyhasanon
Seriously, though, other than Guardians of the Galaxy and most of Tarantino's movies, how many modern movie soundtracks out there are actually worth anything? You guys all talk as if the reboot is the only modern Hollywood movie with a terrible soundtrack...
Sav C liked this
By Sav C
pyhasanon wrote:Seriously, though, other than Guardians of the Galaxy and most of Tarantino's movies, how many modern movie soundtracks out there are actually worth anything? You guys all talk as if the reboot is the only modern Hollywood movie with a terrible soundtrack...
Unfortunately it's not limited to Hollywood Movie soundtracks...

But I agree 100%.
By SonofSamhain
pyhasanon wrote:Seriously, though, other than Guardians of the Galaxy and most of Tarantino's movies, how many modern movie soundtracks out there are actually worth anything? You guys all talk as if the reboot is the only modern Hollywood movie with a terrible soundtrack...

Definitely not the only one..just the most recent.
By busterofb.c.00
The cover is by far one of the worst things I've ever heard.

Like holy shit. How could you mess something that simple up. All you had to do was a cover. A f****g cover. Litterally a couple of days ago sony endorsed a fan made cover and it was pretty good. Not to bad. The new ghostbusters did a folk version of the song and it was okay too. You pay someone to do a cover for you, and it sounds terrible. Wow.

My first problem arose at the start where the awesome begining in the old song was muffled by someone saying "eh" (I think)over and over again. Actually, the entirety of the song seems to be muffled while the front man seems to quickly blurt out the songs as fastly as possible. And then there's a rap in the middle of the song? Okay.......? I genuinely have no idea on how to feel about this....

I have no problem with the new movie except for it might be shit, but I'm not judging it. Also, can we stop the practice of watching every single trailer that comes out for a movie? By the time the movie finally comes out, you've already seen whet happens and are surprised by nothing.

In conclusion. The song f****g sucks and never listen to it ok?
By Kingpin
SonofSamhain wrote:Nothing about this film's soundtrack is about feeling. Void of all charm & the feeling that kept the name "Ghostbusters" above the fray of your average comedy. It's just a hollowed shell with a couple of familiar elements as bait. Though I am interested in hearing the updated version of Ray Parker, Jr.'s original theme, the majority of this movie's soundtrack is further evidence of it's soullessness.
That's a mighty big statement to make when all we've heard is three songs, there's still another thirteen according to that soundtrack list. A list of song names won't give you as good a gauge as listening to the songs themselves.

And on a more personal note, there are a couple of songs on the soundtracks to both 1980s movies that don't feel they were necessary to the story or the tone (WhoaFoogles listed most of them)
Alphagaia liked this
By SonofSamhain
WhoaFoogles wrote:The original soundtrack had:

Air Supply - I Can Wait Forever
Laura Branigan - Hot Night
The Trammps - Disco Inferno

Air Supply, guys. C'mon.

So it had a few songs that were album filler. As we all know, The Trammps' "Disco Inferno" was actually used in the movie for Louis' party scene. It might not have been the most timely song choice as the popularity of disco was already out the door by the film's debut in '84, but I'm assuming that's the function DMX's "Party Up" serves on GB16's sndtk...party music. However, the bulk of the original film's soundtrack helped drove the energy of the movie and the same could be said for its sequel. At least the singles that were released commanded your attention by simply being infectiously GOOD songs.

When it comes to GB16; nevermind that out of 14 songs listed, 6 include the word "ghost" in them (as if the listener had no idea this was a GHOSTbusters soundtrack :sigh: ) & a few tracks contain words "Girl"-this or "Woman"-that in the title as if to overemphasize the fact there's an all-female cast. They genuinely take their audience for idiots in addition to releasing "music" that has no real emotional investment into what's happening in the film--perhaps it's because the film severely lacks it?

Again, I'm not saying this is the first soundtrack to end up this way, but it is disappointing considering what we've been given previously & in moving the franchise forward, another element which we relied on for giving us that energy we know to be "Ghostbusters" [it's music] fails miserably with every single released.
By Kingpin
SonofSamhain wrote:They genuinely take their audience for idiots in addition to releasing "music" that has no real emotional investment into what's happening in the film
I'm going to go out on the limb and guess you, like me, haven't seen an advance copy of the film yet, so you don't actually know that those songs don't have an emotional investment in what's happening in the film, you're just guessing.
By JurorNo.2
SonofSamhain wrote: When it comes to GB16; nevermind that out of 14 songs listed, 6 include the word "ghost" in them (as if the listener had no idea this was a GHOSTbusters soundtrack
Eh, :whatever: The GB II soundtracks has songs called "Spirit," "Supernatural," and "Flesh 'n Blood" (which has the lyric "We're not gonna give up the ghost").
Last edited by Kingpin on June 26th, 2016, 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Fixed emoticon
Kingpin liked this
By 80sguy
Kingpin wrote:
SonofSamhain wrote:They genuinely take their audience for idiots in addition to releasing "music" that has no real emotional investment into what's happening in the film
I'm going to go out on the limb and guess you, like me, haven't seen an advance copy of the film yet, so you don't actually know that those songs don't have an emotional investment in what's happening in the film, you're just guessing.
You know, it could probably only be like 30 seconds of one of the songs in the movie, or less. That's enough to consider it part of the soundtrack. This is why I wouldn't think too much about them.
By SonofSamhain
JurorNo.2 wrote:
SonofSamhain wrote: When it comes to GB16; nevermind that out of 14 songs listed, 6 include the word "ghost" in them (as if the listener had no idea this was a GHOSTbusters soundtrack
Eh, ::shrugs:: The GB II soundtracks has songs called "Spirit," "Supernatural," and "Flesh 'n Blood" (which has the lyric "We're not gonna give up the ghost").

Two songs that allude to the state of circumstances in the film & one ("Flesh n' Blood") that--in it's title alone--is so ambiguous it could be featured on any rock, hip hop, or pop album.
I don't think that's what this new film's soundtrack is giving us.
Last edited by SonofSamhain on June 24th, 2016, 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The journey from commonplace to Ecto-75.

Whole car is great but the pack trolly...how?

Proton Props???

If anyone here is still pondering ordering from th[…]

I haven't done the new update to the Spirits Unlea[…]

I ended up grabbing one of the 84 wands just t[…]