Discuss the Ghostbusters movie that was released in 2016.
By Kingpin
I'll be holding off until the film's out to listen to the score, as it's not in its correct context when listened to before seeing it with the intended visuals.
Scum, Sav C, Alphagaia liked this
By Gozerhead
I actually have not liked the score. Sounds like I am watching a Rambo movie where he teams with Brendan Fraser to take on a mummified version of Apocalypse.

I was hoping something with a Halloween vibe.
By jonwil
The Walk The Moon cover of the original theme is awesome. The other covers on the sound track (Pentatonix and Fall Out Boy/Missy Elliot) not so much.

In fact I would say the Walk The Moon cover and the original Ray Parker Jr song are the 2 good tracks on the soundtrack, the rest suck IMO :)
By SockableClaw

For the Ray Parker Ghostbusters song on the soundtrack, it sounds different than the original. It now has cowbell and the vocals sound different. Did Ray Parker redo the song for this movie?
Last edited by Kingpin on July 16th, 2016, 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.Reason: added YouTube code
By Doctor Disney
Having met Ray Parker Jr several times and as a lover of the original song version, I have to say that I am not a big fan of the Fall Out Boy attempt.
Walk the Moon and Pentatonix versions are good, but then you listen to the energy of the original one and it just blows the copy cats all away!
By Scum
"Get Ghost" by Mark Ronson, Passion Pit, & A$AP Ferg should have taken the spot of the Fallout Boy version. I can't stop listening to it. I think it's the perfect combo of nostalgia and modern pop music. I can see this song becoming a MAJOR hit. It's really, really good.
Troy, Ron Daniels liked this
By petesapie
is the ghostbusers theme instrumental music from the trailer on the soundtrack? not ray parker jr or fall out boy version.
By WhoaFoogles
petesapie wrote:is the ghostbusers theme instrumental music from the trailer on the soundtrack? not ray parker jr or fall out boy version.
Sadly no. There are a few amateur cuts on YouTube, but nothing official.
By Ron Daniels
Scum wrote:"Get Ghost" by Mark Ronson, Passion Pit, & A$AP Ferg should have taken the spot of the Fallout Boy version. I can't stop listening to it. I think it's the perfect combo of nostalgia and modern pop music. I can see this song becoming a MAJOR hit. It's really, really good.
This. So much this. :love:
Scum, Travis Burrell liked this
By jonwil
You can add the cover by No Small Children (in the movie but not on the soundtrack CD for some reason) to the list of "cool songs from Ghostbusters" :)

Of course there are many many awesome unofficial covers out there on YouTube (and very many of them are far better than the crap by Fall Out Boy)
I happen to like this metal cover of the theme myself...

but its been covered in every style from bluegrass banjo to jazz saxophone to old floppy drives :)
Last edited by Kingpin on July 17th, 2016, 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Fixed YouTube codes
By Lee FW
Ron Daniels wrote:
Scum wrote:"Get Ghost" by Mark Ronson, Passion Pit, & A$AP Ferg should have taken the spot of the Fallout Boy version. I can't stop listening to it. I think it's the perfect combo of nostalgia and modern pop music. I can see this song becoming a MAJOR hit. It's really, really good.
Interesting, this surprises me that people like it as the Mark Ronson song was the weakest part of the film for me. After an awesome movie both my partner and myself agreed the song was terrible one to play over the credits, if it wasn't for the fun visuals it would've been hard to sit through them. Really enjoyed the Fall Out Boy one though so maybe my tastes are out of whack lol
By Ron Daniels
Nothing wrong with not liking it! I thought it was very reminiscent of "We're Back" and enjoyed it and have listened to it more times than I wish to admit. Music, like movies and food, are subject to personal tastes.
Lee FW, Kingpin, Scum liked this
By EddieSpenser
Is it me or they didn't released the electro cover of the theme that was in the trailers? Can't find it on the soundtrack or the score.
By Gozerhead
I am amending my score comments above. After listening through it a few times and then hearing it in the movie, I actually really really like it.
Kingpin liked this
By Travis Burrell
Ron Daniels wrote:
Scum wrote:"Get Ghost" by Mark Ronson, Passion Pit, & A$AP Ferg It's really, really good.
Agree 100%!!! This was the best one on the soundtrack. I actually like the Jeremiah mix also. I know most people first listen to it and go "Gross" but listen to the middle and from that on!!! I actually like it!

My question is, WHERE THE @#$% IS THE TRAILER SONG!?

Its not on the score and its NOT on the soundtrack CD!?

I WANT THAT SONG! ( the full version and not some edited version on youtube)
EddieSpenser liked this
By Travis Burrell
Kingpin wrote:I'll be holding off until the film's out to listen to the score, as it's not in its correct context when listened to before seeing it with the intended visuals.
Smart. Good idea! Watch the movie and then listen to the score! I have and love the score. The very first opening song is eerie to me and also cool! There are a lot of repeats just like the Tron soundtrack where its the same tune done differently throughout the CD. lol. Its still good though!
By Kingpin
I'm very much in love with Shapiro's score, especially in the creepy moments, and the ones where the action picks up. :)
Sav C liked this
By Ivo Shandor
I picked up the soundtrack on CD yesterday. Was the first CD I bought in a few years.

Anyway...

Love both songs from the closing credits, Ronson's "Get Ghost" and Elle King's "Good Girls".

Also the Walk the Moon version of "Ghostbusters".

Some meh songs...

Then the awful Fall Out Boy version of "Ghostbusters" and the re-recorded Ray Parker, Jr. version. I believe it's the 2009 version that is included, but it doesn't say so on the CD, I had thought it was the original 1984 version, which would have been much better.

EDIT: As far as I can tell after seeing the movie 4 times, the snippet used at the end of the first scene in the mansion is the 1984 version, not the 2009 version. But the soundtrack album definitely has the re-recording by Ray Parker, Jr.
By Travis Burrell
I cant believe that a song that almost everyone loves and would love to have, is impossible to find.

Im talking about the Trailer song again. Is there anyone we can ask? lol. Ive asked Ghost Corps and have received no response about that. They responded to something else I had asked, but no one can give me an answer as to who created it or where we can get the full version.
By Travis Burrell
I just did some research and found THIS!!

Im not sure if its a mashup???? It does not sound to be but it is missing the upbeat part in the trailer we've heard. Im thinking this was created?

https://soundcloud.com/alex-goose/ghost ... er-version

There really isn't much to it though. If this is Official then the reason it hasn't been pushed is because there isn't much to this song. lol. Im guessing its just a mix and not Official.
Last edited by Travis Burrell on July 25th, 2016, 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sav C liked this
By Kingpin
Travis Burrell wrote:I just did some research and found THIS!!

Im not sure if its a mashup???? It does not sound to be but it is missing the upbeat part in the trailer we've heard. Im thinking this was created?

It's a mashup, and one missing some of the music content other versions posted online have included.
By Travis Burrell
Kingpin wrote:
Travis Burrell wrote:I just did some research and found THIS!!

It's a mashup, and one missing some of the music content other versions posted online have included.
Yeah After I posted that I noticed it didn't have the upbeat part in the song, but it had the ecto 1 icecream truck version song in it so I figured it was one song used in the trailer and the upbeat part was another song maybe? that's why I wasn't sure.
By Travis Burrell
^^^^ WEIRD. There are no brackets missing and there are no closings missing in the code? am I missing a character in the code somewhere???
By Kingpin
The "disable BBCode" option was checked. I've unchecked it now, and the code is displaying properly.

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]