Discuss the Ghostbusters movie that was released in 2016.
In related news, Empire magazine (UK movie publication) just declared Leslie Jones, "a laudable example of how to deal with [online harassment], a hero both with a proton pack and without."

By God...the evil Sony conspiracy has spread overseas!!!! :twisted:
Alphagaia, Sav C, zeta otaku liked this
https://www.barrietoday.com/local-news/ ... win-512918

Next they'll be blaming aliens for Trump's election.
This is what passes for journalism these days.Yes Virginia, Hillary lost because of Ghostbusters 2016.
Many Americans have argued online that they’re not being sexist by dismissing the re-make of Ghostbusters with a female cast or by dismissing Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign, Dr. Leggatt said.

But as Dr. Flegel observed, many of those “down-voting the film’s trailer on Youtube made direct connections between rejecting the film and rejecting Clinton.”

“They believe ghostbusters shouldn’t be women and presidents shouldn’t be women,” Dr. Leggatt said.
Nehhh, she obviously lost because Putin made Snowden hack the election so the man can stay in Russia for another 3 years.
Everyone is invited to attend this free talk, held from 12 to 1 p.m. on Friday, Jan. 20 in OA 3007 at Lakehead Orillia.
Why don't someone in the area explain to the ladies their point of view that the reboot part was a big part of it?
timeware wrote:https://www.barrietoday.com/local-news/ ... win-512918

Next they'll be blaming aliens for Trump's election.
This is what passes for journalism these days.Yes Virginia, Hillary lost because of Ghostbusters 2016.
Many Americans have argued online that they’re not being sexist by dismissing the re-make of Ghostbusters with a female cast or by dismissing Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign, Dr. Leggatt said.

But as Dr. Flegel observed, many of those “down-voting the film’s trailer on Youtube made direct connections between rejecting the film and rejecting Clinton.”

“They believe ghostbusters shouldn’t be women and presidents shouldn’t be women,” Dr. Leggatt said.
I will say, a LOT of the detractors seemed to be paranoid MRAs, convinced that feminism was taking over the world and the mere mention of women or minorities was automatically "political correctness run amok." And its no secret that they congregate on YouTube. And many of them were indeed looking to Trump as their savior. Aykroyd did hint at this, but these bitter "fans" would rather listen to Milo it seems, heh.
Kingpin liked this
Nehhh, she obviously lost because Putin made Snowden hack the election so the man can stay in Russia for another 3 years.
There's also the issue of all her scandals that would make Nixon blush and classified info being stored on unprotected servers that anyone had access to. Everyone's focused on Russia hacking into those. i'd like to know who else had access to that info. :sigh:
I will say, a LOT of the detractors seemed to be paranoid MRAs, convinced that feminism was taking over the world and the mere mention of women or minorities was automatically "political correctness run amok." And its no secret that they congregate on YouTube. And many of them were indeed looking to Trump as their savior. Aykroyd did hint at this, but these bitter "fans" would rather listen to Milo it seems, heh.
That's true but most of these professor's and .Dr's look at conservatives like they're some kind of disease. That thinking won't change anytime soon.

They all like to label people something when you don't agree with them. They don't bother to differentiate between normal Gb' fans and rope us all into the same misogynist category.
HunterCC, pferreira1983 liked this
timeware wrote: That's true but most of these professor's and .Dr's look at conservatives like they're some kind of disease.
You're right about that, lol. Conservatives aren't a disease, and I wish more liberals would try to get to know them before judging (and vice versa). Though I would certainly call those YouTube MRAs a plague on humanity. :walterpeck:
They don't bother to differentiate between normal Gb' fans and rope us all into the same misogynist category.
Not enough normal GB fans spoke out against the "women aren't funny" crap. They were too busy bashing the movie, often in equally mean spirited ways. Going, "It's not about women, it's about the evil feminist agenda!" or "It's not about women, it's about my childhood being erased!" or "I have no problem with all male or mixed cast with males, but all women is unfair!" isn't going to garner much sympathy. They didn't do enough to differentiate themselves from the trolls. In fact they ended up becoming a shield for the trolls by buying into the myth that Feig was insulting all of geekdom. Believe me, I get no pleasure from pointing this out.
timeware wrote:There's also the issue of all her scandals that would make Nixon blush and classified info being stored on unprotected servers that anyone had access to. Everyone's focused on Russia hacking into those. i'd like to know who else had access to that info. :sigh:
Yeah, and one interesting thing IMO about the wikileaks release of the Hillary and DNC scandals: Those aren't faked. So basically supporters of Hillary and the rest of the DNC crooks on this issue can't complain the leaks aren't true, just that they got caught.

So yay transparency, I guess? The same general press that fed the Hillary campaign debate questions and opinion pieces for approval obviously wasn't going to investigate this stuff.
timeware wrote:IThat's true but most of these professor's and .Dr's look at conservatives like they're some kind of disease. That thinking won't change anytime soon.

They all like to label people something when you don't agree with them. They don't bother to differentiate between normal Gb' fans and rope us all into the same misogynist category.
Yep, just like Sony and the makers of GB16.
I'm not going to bring up every article that pops up covering this. Hopefully it just keeps at the two. This is what I meant by articles piggy backing off of the same information.

https://www.tbnewswatch.com/local-news/ ... rsy-514162

This one just has a bit more of a dramatic heading. Plus new labels used to describe our fandom.
JurorNo.2, HunterCC liked this
timeware wrote:I'm not going to bring up every article that pops up covering this. Hopefully it just keeps at the two. This is what I meant by articles piggy backing off of the same information.

https://www.tbnewswatch.com/local-news/ ... rsy-514162

This one just has a bit more of a dramatic heading. Plus new labels used to describe our fandom.
A surprisingly balanced article that told both sides. Who knew?! :D
http://www.latimes.com/business/hollywo ... story.html

Another Sony Head is leaving.
Interesting to see how the people involved in Sony`s last flops are all leaving the studio. Seems like Rothman has not been the saviour everyone hoped.

These were also the people who mismanaged our beloved Ghostbusters, so let's hope that someone who truly understand the franchise will come along, someone who will reunite fans both old and new, someone who'll learn from past mistakes and will build a better future.
HunterCC, pferreira1983 liked this
Sav C wrote:
Alphagaia wrote:I have no idea who Sarah Silverman is and what she did. Wiki does not help? What is the problem there?
She's a really funny, but incredibly raunchy comedian. She got her start on The Larry Sanders Show, which centered around the making of a late night talk show (broadcast on HBO). Her comedy is so raunchy, she makes a lot of racist jokes, but she's one of those people where she targets everybody (even herself and her race), so it's all in good fun, like a roast. Parents Groups would freak if they knew I had seen her stand up, but oh well, most teens my age have seen worse.

Anyways she is also a feminist, although I never got an "extreme" vibe from her.
Alphagaia wrote:( notice how Kylie Griffin is not posting here anymore for being banned, the latest of many).
She got banned? Somehow I missed that. Was Richardless also banned? I noticed he hasn't been posting lately.
Me? Banned? Perish the thought. Though at least someone noticed I wasn't around lol
Alphagaia, Sav C, SpaceBallz and 1 others liked this
Peter33vr wrote: someone who will reunite fans both old and new
Reunite? I just received this lovely message on the Ghostbusters Reddit:
"You are, quite literally, the most retarded person i have ever encountered on the internet. It's hard to believe that somebody like you exists. That somebody can be as naive and as ignorant as you are is astounding. Face facts. The new movie was no damn good and was a complete failure. It will be remembered in the same breath as the Star Wars Holiday Special as one of the worst atrocities ever committed against a franchise."
I am not at all interested in being reunited with such "fans."
a better future
The Ghostbusters franchise just won its very first People's Choice Award. Ever. A better future already exists. If some fans want to remain bitter and angry, that's up to them.
Alphagaia, Sav C, Kingpin liked this
RichardLess wrote:Me? Banned? Perish the thought. Though at least someone noticed I wasn't around lol
I'm glad you're still on the site.
JurorNo.2 wrote:Reunite? I just received this lovely message on the Ghostbusters Reddit:
"You are, quite literally, the most retarded person i have ever encountered on the internet. It's hard to believe that somebody like you exists. That somebody can be as naive and as ignorant as you are is astounding. Face facts. The new movie was no damn good and was a complete failure. It will be remembered in the same breath as the Star Wars Holiday Special as one of the worst atrocities ever committed against a franchise."
Jeez, what an asshole!
JurorNo.2, Alphagaia liked this
Sav C wrote:
Jeez, what an asshole!
Anything remotely positive is immediately down voted into oblivion on that sad, sad, board. Everything negative gets 50 up votes in under 5 minutes. They should just remain that sub "River of Slime" and be done with it, lol.

I remember when a friend of mine told me Reddit was decent message board. Took me awhile to realize he had become no better than those trolls.
Alphagaia, Sav C liked this
JurorNo.2 wrote:
HunterCC wrote: Yep, just like Sony and the makers of GB16.
So there IS a connection between the attack on the movie and the election results. :D
That Sony and the makers of GB16 and politicians love demonizing opposition instead of addressing valid criticism? Absolutely.
HunterCC wrote:
JurorNo.2 wrote:
So there IS a connection between the attack on the movie and the election results. :D
That Sony and the makers of GB16 and politicians love demonizing opposition instead of addressing valid criticism? Absolutely.
You can't demonize what was already pretty hellish.
Alphagaia, Sav C, EctoSpasms and 1 others liked this
JurorNo.2 wrote:
HunterCC wrote:
You can't demonize what was already pretty hellish.
Actually you can, but you would be right in doing so.
JurorNo.2 liked this
JurorNo.2 wrote:Anything remotely positive is immediately down voted into oblivion on that sad, sad, board. Everything negative gets 50 up votes in under 5 minutes. They should just remain that sub "River of Slime" and be done with it, lol.
That's sad. Sounds a lot like school yard kids egging on a fight. Perhaps they should remove the up votes/down votes as it sounds like they're being used as positive (or maybe negative?) reinforcement.
JurorNo.2 wrote:I remember when a friend of mine told me Reddit was decent message board. Took me awhile to realize he had become no better than those trolls.
That's really too bad. I've never had anything like that happen to me, although one time a friend of mine told me that I suck. It was hurtful then since she had been incredibly nice to me before that, and it's puzzling now since she's been incredibly nice ever since.
JurorNo.2 liked this
That's bull shit. Did you report the sender? You would be in your rights to defend yourself. Personally I wouldn't give that ass hat the time of day. I'd report them to the owner of the site and if they don't follow up i'd leave that forum.
JurorNo.2, Sav C, Kingpin liked this
Sav C wrote:Perhaps they should remove the up votes/down votes as it sounds like they're being used as positive (or maybe negative?) reinforcement.
I have thought that many times!
That's really too bad. I've never had anything like that happen to me, although one time a friend of mine told me that I suck. It was hurtful then since she had been incredibly nice to me before that, and it's puzzling now since she's been incredibly nice ever since.
Ugh, I'm sorry. Yeah, people are very weird, you don't know what's going on with them. Nothing to do with you probably.
Sav C liked this
timeware wrote:
That's bull shit. Did you report the sender? You would be in your rights to defend yourself. Personally I wouldn't give that ass hat the time of day. I'd report them to the owner of the site and if they don't follow up i'd leave that forum.
Thank you! :) Yeah I reported him and just blocked him. Well, I also pointed out he was a hypocrite because he's been yelling at anyone who hates the new Hobbit films, lol.

I did also post about McCarthy's win and have been getting a lot of pushback, lol. I figured that would happen, but thought it was important to mention on a GB board. But you're right, I should just leave the board from now on.
Sav C liked this
JurorNo.2 wrote:Ugh, I'm sorry. Yeah, people are very weird, you don't know what's going on with them. Nothing to do with you probably.
Yeah, could've just been having a bad day. I let it slide, and am glad I did since it seems to have been a one time thing.
JurorNo.2 wrote:
timeware wrote:
Thank you! :) Yeah I reported him and just blocked him. Well, I also pointed out he was a hypocrite because he's been yelling at anyone who hates the new Hobbit films, lol.

I did also post about McCarthy's win and have been getting a lot of pushback, lol. I figured that would happen, but thought it was important to mention on a GB board. But you're right, I should just leave the board from now on.
When a comment is reported, is it pulled from the site? I thought I would go look, and you're right, that forum really has been getting a lot of push back! River of Slime is right!
Sav C wrote: When a comment is reported, is it pulled from the site? I thought I would go look, and you're right, that forum really has been getting a lot of push back! River of Slime is right!
I don't know if it's pulled, I just know if I block the user I can't see the comments anymore and that's fine with me. There's just so many others like him is the problem, lol.
Sav C liked this
JurorNo.2 wrote:
Sav C wrote: When a comment is reported, is it pulled from the site? I thought I would go look, and you're right, that forum really has been getting a lot of push back! River of Slime is right!
I don't know if it's pulled, I just know if I block the user I can't see the comments anymore and that's fine with me. There's just so many others like him is the problem, lol.
Yeah, it's really unfortunate that you block one and then there are ten more in his place. I've never had any intention of joining Reddit, but now I know for sure I'm not joining. Hopefully it gets cleaned up someday.
JurorNo.2 liked this

Now that we at SAGB have actually got through our […]

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal el[…]

I have not heard of this. On the Matty PKE, if the[…]

Hard to tell if it’s an actual black fligh[…]