Discuss the Ghostbusters movie that was released in 2016.
By Alphagaia
Interesting interview! I think you kinda misheard his answer. He says:

there is going to be many other GB movies... they are just in development right now.

So he is not saying GB2 is No more, just that there is more in the pipeline. Seeing that Feig and Ivan are still busy for the coming year ( if they want either of them to direct) I expect something else to come out first.

If anything I think they will first focus on a movie in the original timeline, probably an animated feature. After that they might continue the new timeline, a bit like Star Wars is doing, or explore the futuristic timeline, depending how many spin-offs they want to create before the inevitable movie that brings it all together.

Anyway, love the news more movies are coming!
By Alphagaia
I think most people will be, looking at the BO, but if GB:ATCA(gain) does not happen (with Paul), I'm always interested in what another director would do with the franchise. Either way, as long as we have some new GB entries I'm happy as it's such a fun concept to explore.

On another note, I don't like that cough, Ivan. I hope it's just a cold.
By mrmichaelt
Yeah, both interviews reiterate what's already been reported from websites or from past interviews, that there are a lot of projects already in the pipeline in various stages of production. The 2016 movie just happened to be the first to be finalized. Pearce's treatment, though appears shelved, and thus the rumored crossover but there's still that rumored prequel that has nothing to do with the original Ghostbusters, the animated movie, an unannounced movie (as of July 14, 2016 was in the middle of writing), an idea of mining some things from the Ghost Smashers script, probably a ton of pitches from various filmmakers, and of course the Ecto Force animated series set for 2018.
Alphagaia liked this
By Peter33vr
I saw an idea on this subforum who got me excited. Some Greek deity made the world and the busters forget about ghostbusting and the ladies had to reinvent the wheel in ATC and discover in the sequel about the fab four.
GBfan_CH liked this
By SpaceBallz
"If the studio was knocking on the door to do another one, I’d have to think about it."

...don't hold your breath, Paul.
By GBfan_CH
Peter33vr wrote:I saw an idea on this subforum who got me excited. Some Greek deity made the world and the busters forget about ghostbusting and the ladies had to reinvent the wheel in ATC and discover in the sequel about the fab four.

Thanks! That was mine. :-D
Alphagaia, Peter33vr, roopjm liked this
By Alphagaia
mrmichaelt wrote:Yeah, both interviews reiterate what's already been reported from websites or from past interviews, that there are a lot of projects already in the pipeline in various stages of production. The 2016 movie just happened to be the first to be finalized. Pearce's treatment, though appears shelved, and thus the rumored crossover but there's still that rumored prequel that has nothing to do with the original Ghostbusters, the animated movie, an unannounced movie (as of July 14, 2016 was in the middle of writing), an idea of mining some things from the Ghost Smashers script, probably a ton of pitches from various filmmakers, and of course the Ecto Force animated series set for 2018.

Yeah, it's the same news, only with some extra headline stating either GB2 is dead or no more. Same old.
By JurorNo.2
Scuba Steve wrote:I'd appreciate a sequel where it turns out "Answer the Call" was just a bad made-for-TV movie based on the original characters' exploits. Venkman sells the rights to a film and it's a huge flop...
I really doubt Reitman and Aykroyd would allow such a thing. They had class and stood by the actresses even when the fans threw a fit over it. Not to mention Murray was the one who recommended Wiig and McCarthy in the first place. Maybe you can pitch your idea to Milo instead.
By JurorNo.2
Oh, well, let me see if I can find his Twitter account...Oh wait... :mrgreen:
By Peter33vr
Finally saw it in english. Still not my batch of humor......but some jokes made more sense and were a little less vulgar. They really destroyed it dubbing it in Italian.

And zero merchandise here in the land of pizza.
By JurorNo.2
Peter33vr wrote: And zero merchandise here in the land of pizza.
Do Italians really call their country that? That sounds like something Americans would call Italy, lol. ;)
Peter33vr liked this
By RichardLess
Peter33vr wrote:Finally saw it in english. Still not my batch of humor......but some jokes made more sense and were a little less vulgar. They really destroyed it dubbing it in Italian.

And here I thought New York was the land of pizza.

If you don't mind me asking, in what part of the boot do you reside? I visited Italy a couple years ago. I've never had a lemon taste like the one I had in Naples. It was amazing. And the lemon Celo? Oh my. I'd totally be an alcoholic if they made that stuff here. It's funny, You go to Italy expecting to eat a lot of pasta or pizza but it's really seafood you guys seem to enjoy the most. It seems in cities like Venice & Florence, citizens really don't like tourists lol. I can't even imagine living in a city that constantly has tourists walking around. I'd probably hate them too. Beautiful country though. So much culture and history.
GBPaulRivera liked this
By pferreira1983
SpaceBallz wrote:"If the studio was knocking on the door to do another one, I’d have to think about it."

...don't hold your breath, Paul.
If it allows him to put women in the main leads just for the sake of it, they probably will ask him back.
JurorNo.2 wrote:
I really doubt Reitman and Aykroyd would allow such a thing. They had class and stood by the actresses even when the fans threw a fit over it. Not to mention Murray was the one who recommended Wiig and McCarthy in the first place. Maybe you can pitch your idea to Milo instead.
Why are you bringing up the Twitter guy? Did I miss a conversation between you and Scuba Steve? :-|
By Peter33vr
RichardLess wrote:
Peter33vr wrote:Finally saw it in english. Still not my batch of humor......but some jokes made more sense and were a little less vulgar. They really destroyed it dubbing it in Italian.

And here I thought New York was the land of pizza.

If you don't mind me asking, in what part of the boot do you reside? I visited Italy a couple years ago. I've never had a lemon taste like the one I had in Naples. It was amazing. And the lemon Celo? Oh my. I'd totally be an alcoholic if they made that stuff here. It's funny, You go to Italy expecting to eat a lot of pasta or pizza but it's really seafood you guys seem to enjoy the most. It seems in cities like Venice & Florence, citizens really don't like tourists lol. I can't even imagine living in a city that constantly has tourists walking around. I'd probably hate them too. Beautiful country though. So much culture and history.

North east Italy, 20 km from Verona, city of Romeo and Juliet :)

Yes, we have plenty of good food, each region has its specialties! The prize for the best pizza goes to Naples....and yes, they make a great LIMONCELLO. You can easily find the recipe on internet. It's simply alcohol, lemon skin, sugar mixed together.
Last edited by Peter33vr on November 26th, 2016, 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JurorNo.2 liked this
By SpaceBallz
pferreira1983 wrote:
JurorNo.2 wrote:
Why are you bringing up the Twitter guy? Did I miss a conversation between you and Scuba Steve? :-|
She's been in uber defense mode ever since the film flopped. We're all man-baby-internet-trolls if we didn't like ATC.

Also, my comment above was because of the performance of ATC in box office and the backlash, I can't foresee the studio trying to beg Feig to come back for another one.
By JurorNo.2
SpaceBallz wrote:We're all man-baby-internet-trolls if we didn't like ATC.
You're not proving me wrong with this comment, assuming I ever even said such a thing. Which I didn't. Try nice though.

And I'm not so much annoyed that the movie flopped. It happens to movies all the time, even great movies. I'm annoyed at why it flopped (and no, not just about the woman thing). I'm annoyed about what it says about geekdom and our fanbase in particular. I'm annoyed at the all too obvious parallel to our recent election. And I'm annoyed because a lot of movies that actually deserve a year long beating will never get one.
Last edited by JurorNo.2 on November 26th, 2016, 6:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Razorgeist, Kingpin, 80sguy and 2 others liked this
By RichardLess
Scuba Steve wrote:I'd appreciate a sequel where it turns out "Answer the Call" was just a bad made-for-TV movie based on the original characters' exploits. Venkman sells the rights to a film and it's a huge flop...
Great idea! What's funny is Real Ghostbusters had an episode kind of like that, except the Murray, Ramis, Aykroyd movie was based on THEM. So the Real Ghostbusters were, in fact, the *Real* Ghostbusters and GB84 was a movie based on their exploits.

If it turns out GB16 was just a flop based on the actual GB's it would explain, in universe, why Murry, Aykroyd and Hudon make cameos. I like the idea but Sony would catch so much crap for doing an about face like that. They made their bed, now they've got to sleep in it. Maybe someone will invent a time machine(perhaps in a Delorean?) and erase this movie from existence.
By Peter33vr
JurorNo.2 wrote:
SpaceBallz wrote:We're all man-baby-internet-trolls if we didn't like ATC.
You're not proving me wrong with this comment, assuming I ever even said such a thing. Which I didn't. Try nice though.

And I'm not so much annoyed that the movie flopped. It happens to movies all the time, even great movies. I'm annoyed at why it flopped (and no, not just about the woman thing). I'm annoyed about what it says about geekdom and our fanbase in particular. I'm annoyed at the all too obvious parallel to our recent election. And I'm annoyed because a lot of movies that actually deserve a year long beating will never get one.
Well, what annoyed me was simply not getting a sequel as planned and promised for years. There always have been girl Ghostbusters so that's not the problem but a welcome addition.....but I'd like to see them working with the originals to further their work and make it better :) imagine Holtzy exchanging one liners with Venkman or talking tecnobabble with Stantz!
RichardLess, JurorNo.2, pferreira1983 and 1 others liked this
By Alphagaia
Peter33vr wrote:
JurorNo.2 wrote:

Well, what annoyed me was simply not getting a sequel as planned and promised for years. There always have been girl Ghostbusters so that's not the problem but a welcome addition.....but I'd like to see them working with the originals to further their work and make it better :) imagine Holtzy exchanging one liners with Venkman or talking tecnobabble with Stantz!
The problem was however, Murray could not imagine that and wanted no part of it.
Which is one of the reasons I was ok with a reboot, as it kept the original timeline intact without them killing of Venkman and Spengler, for example.
Kingpin, GBPaulRivera liked this
By Skyknight
RichardLess wrote:Maybe someone will invent a time machine(perhaps in a Delorean?) and erase this movie from existence.
That's not how time travel works. If you build a time machine for the purpose of going back and erasing this movie, the movie wouldn't have existed, giving you no reason to build a time machine to go back to erase it in the first place, which means you also don't go back to erase it and it gets still made.
You'd have to erase it and create a timeline where it never existed, but then return to your own timeline where it did to work! In other words you'd still win nothing, because you must go back to the present where it does exist to have a reason that made you build the time machine. And the other you in the new timeline wouldn't even know what you did and maybe even ask himself why damn Hollywood again canceled the production of a Ghostbusters movie!

No, we're stuck with it, for better or worse!
By RichardLess
Skyknight wrote:
RichardLess wrote:Maybe someone will invent a time machine(perhaps in a Delorean?) and erase this movie from existence.
That's not how time travel works. If you build a time machine for the purpose of going back and erasing this movie, the movie wouldn't have existed, giving you no reason to build a time machine to go back to erase it in the first place, which means you also don't go back to erase it and it gets still made.
You'd have to erase it and create a timeline where it never existed, but then return to your own timeline where it did to work! In other words you'd still win nothing, because you must go back to the present where it does exist to have a reason that made you build the time machine. And the other you in the new timeline wouldn't even know what you did and maybe even ask himself why damn Hollywood again canceled the production of a Ghostbusters movie!

No, we're stuck with it, for better or worse!
I typed a reply but mid way through my brain exploded from the paradoxical tangents I was contemplating. For 45 minutes I forgot who I was and then soiled myself. For some reason I now speak with a lisp. Also? Everything smells like purple.
By Alphagaia
Arrival goes a step further with these kind of time paradoxes and how we perceive time in a linear fashion and what would happen if we did not. Very good movie, cannot promote it enough!
By Peter33vr
Alphagaia wrote:
Peter33vr wrote: Well, what annoyed me was simply not getting a sequel as planned and promised for years. There always have been girl Ghostbusters so that's not the problem but a welcome addition.....but I'd like to see them working with the originals to further their work and make it better :) imagine Holtzy exchanging one liners with Venkman or talking tecnobabble with Stantz!
The problem was however, Murray could not imagine that and wanted no part of it.
Which is one of the reasons I was ok with a reboot, as it kept the original timeline intact without them killing of Venkman and Spengler, for example.
Stantz is a teacher at the Columbia University, his class become the new Gbs (one of his students, Kylie, also run is Occult Store). Venkman is happily retired, Winston is always ready to help, Egon became a buddhist monk (one of the first Ramis idea for a Gb3 Egon). Here's Ghostbusters 3 without killing anyone :)
By Alphagaia
I know it's perfectly possible to invent nondeath reasons why they are not in the movie, but the end result is the same: they are not in the movie (and thus we have no Venkman trading one-liners with Holtzy like proposed above.)

I'd rather have an animated movie with the four busters then a real life one with only two.
Last edited by Alphagaia on November 27th, 2016, 8:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
By RichardLess
Alphagaia wrote:Arrival goes a step further with these kind of time paradoxes and how we perceive time in a linear fashion and what would happen if we did not. Very good movie, cannot promote it enough!
Arrival is the best movie of the year for me. I saw it at a TIFF screening back in September and I literally couldn't stop thinking about it for days. Nice to see a sci fi movie with Aliens that doesn't need massive city-wide destruction. Very much reminded me of one of my favourite films: Close Encounters of the Third Kind. If you are reading this? Check out Arrival.
Alphagaia liked this

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]