Discuss the Ghostbusters movie that was released in 2016.
By philmorgan81
Davideverona wrote:http://wjactv.com/news/entertainment/iv ... ostbusters

Here it is!!

If I heard right, he mentions the possibility to use the original Ghostbusters along the new female team? Then he talks about Ecto Force and says it's based on the original movie.

Correct me if i'm wrong.

PS: yes, Eddie Murphy is in Triplets!
Yes that's what I took from it too. I am hoping that I am understanding that it is set in the original universe only much farther in the future. His exact quote is, It is based on the original in terms of tech that is used and focus is on Ghostbusters all over the world." Now I could be way off base here, but maybe when he says original he may be referring to the original concept and not the original film. I mean we have said it before Ecto Force sounds pretty similar. Takes place in the future. There are franchises all over the world. So many Ghostbusters. In the end it may not matter what world Ghostbusters Ecto Force belongs in as long as they keep their focus on the teams that are in the series. They don't need to elude to the events of the 1984 film or the 2016 film. They could just concentrate on awesome original stories and character development that could be set in it's own reality. If that's the case you know that If IDWs comic keeps selling well they will have an excuse to have the Ecto Force teams meet with the Prime Ghostbusters at some point. Geez Louise that is a lot of Ghostbusters. ;)

We really don't know yet because I think it was the Youtuber Mundane Matt that was at the panal. He states that according to Ivan Reitman Ghostbusters The Video Game is no longer considered canon with future films. That to me is a hard one to except. I mean it doesn't really matter if I want the game to be canon it be canon. I mean that is Harold Ramis last performance as Egon. To me no matter what comes up in the future Ghostbuster The Video Game will always be my Ghostbusters 3. :):):)

All it means is that the events in the video game will not be eluded to in the future films and that is totally okay. The same thing can be said with Ecto Force. When all is said and done it will follow it's own canon just like The Real Ghostbusters. Sorry for the novel guys with so many projects down the pipeline I just think they are fun to talk about. :):):)
deadderek liked this
By philmorgan81
Davideverona wrote:What is Reitman saying about the next live action movie in this interview?
Sorry in this interview he doesn't talk about the next live action film at all. He touched on it a little during the panal. I wasn't there so I am getting info as it becomes available. Here is the video I was talking about from Mundane Matt. He was there. :):):)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqVzKiYOlQw
Last edited by philmorgan81 on July 23rd, 2017, 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
pferreira1983 liked this
By Sav C
If they were to try and merge the live action universes, I think the hardest thing for them to explain would be the different looks of the ghosts. Perhaps the ghosts vary just enough between I and II that they could say that it depends on who or what is summoning the ghosts that affects their appearance.

While I haven't watched the video game the whole way through, it should be canon. It exists in the same timeline, with the same characters, and same voice actors. They were the first Ghostbusters, so their canon should take precedence. If all it means is that the video game won't be referenced in future stuff though, I'm more than fine with that. They should take the video game and make it a real animated movie, and have Dan, Ernie, and Bill fill in any extra dialogue to make the story work. Also add in Louis and Dana. :)
philmorgan81 wrote:Geez Louise that is a lot of Ghostbusters. ;)
Hey, don't call me Louise. ;):):):)
philmorgan81 liked this
By ghostJAR
philmorgan81 wrote:
Davideverona wrote:What is Reitman saying about the next live action movie in this interview?
Sorry in this interview he doesn't talk about the next live action film at all. He touched on it a little during the panal. I wasn't there so I am getting info as it becomes available. Here is the video I was talking about from Mundane Matt. He was at there. :):):)

Damn! Them comments... It's a little demoralizing reading them.
Sav C liked this
By Sav C
Davideverona wrote:Can I call you Shirley? :)
Shirley not. I mean surely not! :)

The comments are demoralizing. I think I'll end up being happiest if I just tune them out, they can wonder why they don't get through my door.
By Davideverona
philmorgan81 wrote:
Sorry in this interview he doesn't talk about the next live action film at all. He touched on it a little during the panal. I wasn't there so I am getting info as it becomes available. Here is the video I was talking about from Mundane Matt. He was at there. :):):)

In the video I posted, from 1.10 to 1.40 he says something about the original Ghostbusters and a new team, but I can't understand what he precisely says.
By pferreira1983
featofstrength wrote:You heard it first at SDCC, folks... Ghostbusters 3 is coming summer 1998!
The DVD bios for The Blues Brothers DVD stated that! :lol:
philmorgan81 wrote: It really makes me happy that he acknowledges the number 1 problem with ATC.
They still however don't wish to acknowledge it was a bad movie made by a selfish director.
Kingpin wrote:I wouldn't say it needs to be done. Can it be done? Sure, 101 has done that,
I've been told that the IDW writers have really struggled to make the ATC team likable next to the originals with only Patty working well off them.
robbritton wrote:BUT, I fear whatever they do is doomed. The morons on YouTube are already talking about boycotting it because they were so offended by ATC. People out there seem determined that Ghostbusters should fail cinematically.

I'm demoralised by comments on SDCC videos, I realise, but it's so sad. Bunch of people who got offended by nothing, deciding that things I love should fail. Again.
Some of them make interesting points. :wink:
Sav C wrote:While I haven't watched the video game the whole way through, it should be canon. It exists in the same timeline, with the same characters, and same voice actors.
According to Mundane Matt the 2009 game is no longer canon. :(
By JurorNo.2
robbritton wrote:The morons on YouTube are already talking about boycotting it because they were so offended by ATC.
Despite their pitiful delusions of grandeur, YouTube gamer gaters were not the reason ATC under performed. Those types have never, and will never, accomplish anything in their wretched loser lives. The only thing that keeps them going is the fallacy that they as fans have power over the big bad movie studios. Something to comfort them while their McDonalds manager lectures them about the fast in fast food.

Now I'll stop myself, before I say something unkind.
Last edited by JurorNo.2 on July 23rd, 2017, 9:09 am, edited 6 times in total.
robbritton, Sav C, Lee FW liked this
By robbritton
Ivan said he didn't consider the game to be Ghostbusters 3. That's not quite the same as saying it isn't canon. If a new film takes place after 1992 and doesn't contradict any of the events of the game, it can easily stay in canon. It's just that Ivan has his own idea he would have pursued, rather than the game plot. That's as deep as that goes. So I wouldn't worry about that one! :)

(Erik Burnham has said the game isn't strictly canon to the comics either, but rather they have a remixed version of events they work from. So the Rookie can exist, but Slimer isn't named and slime tethers are pink, and so on and so on. In Erik's Tobins Spirit Guide the capture of Pappy Sargassi and Spider Witch are described differently. Point is, as long as things are handled well, it doesn't really matter too much)
mrmichaelt, Sav C, philmorgan81 and 1 others liked this
By philmorgan81
robbritton wrote:Ivan said he didn't consider the game to be Ghostbusters 3. That's not quite the same as saying it isn't canon. If a new film takes place after 1992 and doesn't contradict any of the events of the game, it can easily stay in canon. It's just that Ivan has his own idea he would have pursued, rather than the game plot. That's as deep as that goes. So I wouldn't worry about that one! :)

(Erik Burnham has said the game isn't strictly canon to the comics either, but rather they have a remixed version of events they work from. So the Rookie can exist, but Slimer isn't named and slime tethers are pink, and so on and so on. In Erik's Tobins Spirit Guide the capture of Pappy Sargassi and Spider Witch are described differently. Point is, as long as things are handled well, it doesn't really matter too much)

Robbritton thank you that was very beautifully put. I had no idea that is what Ivan actually said. It was a bit irresponsible of Mundane Matt to just misquote like that. You're absolutely right him saying he doesn't consider it Ghostbusters 3 is completly different context than The game is not canon. You know what they say "the devil in the details". Thank you for clearing that up that makes a whole lot more sense. That being the case it is great that the game is not really being disregarded it's just not what Ivan would consider Ghostbusters 3. That's Cool. :):):)

Sorry about that guys. That is exactly how bad rumors get spread and I fell into the trap. You think I would learn by now. :):):)
Last edited by philmorgan81 on July 31st, 2017, 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JurorNo.2, robbritton liked this
By JurorNo.2
philmorgan81 wrote: It was a bit irresponsible of Mundane Matt to just misquote like that.
And he also falsely claimed Dan Aykroyd "paused" before mentioning Leslie Jones' name in that clip about the movie's budget. Either Matt was deliberately misrepresenting the clip, or he's just incredibly bad at reading basic human speech patterns. Either way, he's a shameless YouTube hack looking for up votes.
robbritton, deadderek, Alphagaia and 2 others liked this
By mrmichaelt
Davideverona wrote:In the video I posted, from 1.10 to 1.40 he says something about the original Ghostbusters and a new team, but I can't understand what he precisely says.
Reitman was alluding to work on GB3 drafts around 2011-2014 or 2013 with Etan Cohen. There was a point the draft had the OGBs and a new team consisting of both men and women. Something like a young leader, one was a son of Peter, Anna, and an older male who was the comic relief. CERN research was an inspiration for the cause of new paranormal activity.
Sav C, philmorgan81 liked this
By philmorgan81
Davideverona wrote:Aaaaand CGI Egon has started to pop up in the news.

LOL!!! That's nothing the end of this gem of an article makes the statement that It is rumored that Satan would be the next thing the Ghostbusters would face. Man where the hell is this author getting that info? It is officially Ghostbusters 3 all over again. :):):) Face to Palm. LOL!

http://us.blastingnews.com/showbiz-tv/2 ... 71563.html
Sav C, Alphagaia liked this
By mrmichaelt
I transcribed the segments shown in the Mundane Matt video. I did the best I could, I couldn't figure out a few words/sounds from Tom Waltz and Ivan Reitman so replaced them with "??" but it doesn't affect what's being said.
This Post Contains Spoilers
Then in that Q&A video with Ivan from the Circa website,
the one Ecto Force comment he made was
Ecto Force is a futuristic animated show so they, um, it's based on the original film in terms of the science and technology of it but it's y'know about 20 years from now and it's -- and it's really Ghostbusters from all over the world.
Last edited by mrmichaelt on July 24th, 2017, 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sav C, Alphagaia, Glenn Frederick and 1 others liked this
By Davideverona
Great work!!

I seriously think that Ivan conceived the Gb Multiverse with Aykroyd when became clear that Feig was all for an hard reboot with no connection to the originals.

They created it as a backup plan to bring back Stantz and co.

He never talked about it before. It was only the "old Gb train new team" stuff.
philmorgan81, Sav C, Alphagaia and 1 others liked this
By philmorgan81
Davideverona wrote:Great work!!

I seriously think that Ivan conceived the Gb Multiverse with Aykroyd when became clear that Feig was all for an hard reboot with no connection to the originals.

They created it as a backup plan to bring back Stantz and co.

He never talked about it before. It was only the "old Gb train new team" stuff.

Yeah there were some choice venomous words that were said that stated that Ghostbusters ATC single handedly killed the franchise. Turns out it is only the beginning of something much bigger. I have said it before. The franchise will survive a poor remake. Well not only does it appear to be surviving, but it appears to be rising and becoming even stronger. Ghostbusters an IP too great to fail. The next few years are going to lots of fun. :):):)
JurorNo.2, Sav C, Alphagaia liked this
By robbritton
Lovely job with the transcription mrmichaelt! Without the interjections it is clear how positive and objective Ivan is about everything. Interesting the things the audience applauds, too.

(One thing, I think it's 'dissenting', rather than 'descending'!)
By Jangonate
Thanks for that transcript!

When my wife shared the news with me, I was in a meeting, I thought to myself, "This is GB3 all over again, rumors and all." But reading this gives a bit more hope. Though I wait for an official announcement, it sounds like plans are really underway over at Ghost Corps to keep the universe going in film. It certainly looks like it's still doing well in merchandise!
Sav C, mrmichaelt liked this
By Jangonate
Sav C wrote:It does seem hopeful--good to see you back on the site, it's been a while. :)
Ha ha! Thanks! Yeah, after the 2016 release it was bit tiring dealing with some of the more extreme negativity towards it and I decided to take a break. Had to see what the response to the new news was, though.
Sav C liked this
By JurorNo.2
Davideverona wrote:Aaaaand CGI Egon has started to pop up in the news.
OK about this. I will admit, I was very impressed by CGI Tarkin in Rogue One. It wasn't perfect, but that didn't take away from the achievement. CGI Leia didn't work as well for some reason, some uncanny valley crept in. But, you know, they're working on it. I worry about the long term effects of this, will actors eventually be out of a job? I hope not, I hope it's reserved for special cases like this. But for now, sure, why not try a CGI Egon?

Apart from the CGI question, Rogue One, IMHO, had a frustratingly underwritten script. Tarkin as a character was completely forgettable. And Leia came off far too saccharine with that "Hope" thing. So ultimately I'm more concerned about the writing than the CGI.
By Davideverona
Violet Ramis weighed in on the possibility of putting a cgi Egon in what the media already started calling Ghostbusters 3 (so, yes, it's officially Ghostbusters 3 all over again).

She said that would be bizarre but her father would have liked it if done in a smart way and that sits ok with her.

I think that if the late actors relatives gives their blessing they can proceed.
Sav C liked this
Afterlife Ecto Goggles Build

Thank you for posting this information. This is a[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]