Discuss the Ghostbusters movie that was released in 2016.
rodie wrote:I think it is a bad idea just because she's not in the video game. I really hope when/if another movie is made they keep it in line with the game and since they are not together in the game it just doesn't make sense to put her in the movie. Rick Moranis on the other hand should totally come out of retirement for another movie if it happens.
it has never been confirmed anywhere that the love interest is for Venkman in the game though, to my knowledge - only alluded to in some articles that no precious little more than we do. Surely it would make more sense for the love interest to be with the playable character? otherwise it could cause all manner of continuity issues if they want to keep it all canon.

I personally don't see the need for any love interest in the game - we're there for the busting rather than the socializing! but yeah, i'm drifting from topic a little here, so i shall let it lie!
rodie wrote:Well I read that they put the love interest in there to make it feel more like a real movie. Almost all movies have love interests.
But it doesn't need to be for Venkman. Why must we accept him being a complete shambles who always loses the girl a third time? Getting kind of lame there, Venky - you're meant to be the cool one.
Someone split this thread please. It is off topic.
Whether or not we are in favour or against the character of Dana returning, it is interesting to note that Sigourney was the other "anti ghostbusters sequel" hurdle that seems to be winning over to the idea. Seems like, as long as the script is good, all initial hurdles have been jumped. Good times!
Considering how many stories we have between the films, comics and the cartoons, I'd hardly say her being the center of the paranormal attention has been milked to death. With that said, I agree that she should definately not be linked to the paranormal plot again. I just hope they don't completely write her out of it. I'm a fan of Peter and Dana being together though so that explains my feelings.
Kalonthar wrote:Considering how many stories we have between the films, comics and the cartoons, I'd hardly say her being the center of the paranormal attention has been milked to death. With that said, I agree that she should definately not be linked to the paranormal plot again. I just hope they don't completely write her out of it. I'm a fan of Peter and Dana being together though so that explains my feelings.
Considering she's been the center of the attention in 2 out of 2 live action movies, I'd say that idea has been "milked to death". If they tried to milk it again, dust would puff out...but that's just my opinion; just like assholes, everyone has one.
I think Oscar should be in it, and maybe he's the center of it. Dana has a cameo calling him on the phone or something. As for the game and the movie being the smae, I think they should be different (like Clone Wars has a different focus than Ep 1-3). If they rehash the game in the movie, why go see it? What's "new" about that?
They better as hell not make her the center of attention. That would kill the franchise as a whole. At best she should make a cameo.
Raystantz Italy wrote:http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1289401/boa ... /125505451
That's great news...if that is indeed "the real" Dan Aykroyd replying to that question...& hopefully the script turns out to be killer!

Plus, Hopefully Aykroyd & Ramis go on a weight loss program prior to filming...perhaps they could be contestants on the next "BIGGEST Loser" (for those of you that have never seen it, it's a show where obese contestants compete to lose the most weight)
Raystantz Italy wrote:i'm searching on Urban Daddy but i can't find it..... if someone will find the interview please post it.
I don't really mind about a oversize Egon......he's a 60 years old scientist, not John Rambo :-)
True, it might add some comedic value if they're all out of shape...however, I don't think it would be too hard for them to lose a few pounds...especially if they're not filming til summer. That gives them at least 6 months to trim down.
i think they're writing it from THIS summer.....don't forget that Danny told us about the "sharp and young writers" on september 4th.

if they'll shoot it in summer 2009, they'll loose some other pounds.....you know, running around in jumpsuit and packs is a good exercise!
Raystantz Italy wrote:http://www.moviehole.net/200817098-so-n ... tbusters-3

Bill signed on? Mmmmhhh......i don't think so.
Maybe I'm missing something, but I didn't read anything in that article that said Bill Murray wouldn't be involved. I'm sure all the original actors that are showing interest in gb3 will wait to sign any contracts until after they've read the script...we'll just have to wait and see who signs and who doesn't.
Just found this on IMDB.com. I was looking at upcoming movies, and stumbled across "The Year One", which is directed by Harold Ramis, and, well, here's the buzz. Nothing new, just another nod:

THE BUZZ: The Superbad set will be stoked for a 2/3 cast reunion here, while those of us who actually came of age in the late 1970s/early 1980s will note the reemergence of Year One writer-director Harold Ramis, who has a Meatballs remake and Ghostbusters 3 in development. We imagine at least one of these projects will be filming by this summer, and since news of a third Ghostbusters adventure immediately earned more press than this time-traveling comedy, here's a link to a dirt-spreading article on the project, which has direct ties to the production of The Year One.

http://www.imdb.com/nowplaying/2009/6/#2009-06-19
Hey everyone, I don't know if this means anything, but I was on another forum where they were discussing the movie Watchmen and someone posted some pictures from an article in EMPIRE magazine. At the bottom of one of the pages is an ad for the magazine where they show a bunch of recent covers (at least they look recent: Bond, Star Trek, Dark Knight, Watchmen, etc.)

Check out what's wedged right in there with them (bottom of the page):
I might just be behind, so does anyone else know if this a past issue or maybe upcoming? I would think it would be a pretty important article if it's on the cover of an issue. I think this (the watchmen article) is from the January 09 issue.
Raystantz Italy wrote:i'm searching on Urban Daddy but i can't find it..... if someone will find the interview please post it.
I don't really mind about a oversize Egon......he's a 60 years old scientist, not John Rambo :-)
Looks like its legit:

http://urbandaddy.com/sfo/2022/Dan_Aykr ... y_Archives
New PKE build

One more video demonstration with handheld operati[…]

Yep, and nightmare on elm street dream warriors.

You can see our Paranormal Boots in action here: […]

Ghostheads

Ghostheads is SO bad. So cringe. Not even in a g[…]