Would you guys be interested in us developing a casual bomber jacket based on the flightsuit? It'd be something you could wear regularly instead of just as a costume. Here are some thoughts:

Use same rip-stop nylon, but fully line the jacket for practical wear (with interior wallet pocket, etc).
Change collar from round to standard bomber style collar
Waist length (add a banded panel at the waist and change the velcro waist tabs to rear facing, more like a standard jacket)
Keep front and sleeve pockets the same (possibly change front pockets to smaller version?)
Keep noghost and customizable name patches as available options

What do you guys think? Pricing would likely be about the same as the flight suit ($195 shipped).
The only way to lower the price point more (this is already cheaper than any of our other jackets) would be to make it unlined (like the jumpsuit), possibly change materials (which I think would be a shame since the ripstop is so good) and make them in standard sizing (instead of made-to-measure).
As someone looking for this exact jacket as a practical choice I don't see any issues with any of the changes that lower the cost. I will admit though I'm surprised by the lack of responses to this. I know I'm not alone in wanting something like this so I thought this would get more reaction especially coming from a respected maker.

And for what it's worth I also have no issues in the changes you are thinking of making when converting it from flight suit to jacket. Keep us up-to-date on this if it goes ahead.
I would absolutely buy a couple of them. Maybe even more if we were given the same options eith the jackets as we are the suits (GB, GBII, GBII charcoal). There are a couple non-milspec jackets I have been eyeing for a while for this very thing, but I haven't pulled the trigger because they just weren't enough like the flight suits. This would solve that problem 150%.
I would consider it pending a prototype.
By Coover5
Indy Magnoli wrote: March 21st, 2021, 8:29 pm The only way to lower the price point more (this is already cheaper than any of our other jackets) would be to make it unlined (like the jumpsuit), possibly change materials (which I think would be a shame since the ripstop is so good) and make them in standard sizing (instead of made-to-measure).
Were there any plans to go ahead with this in either custom made or standard sizes?
There would be more interest if you provided links to pictures of the flight suit you offer now. If it's as good as the quality iv'e seen from your Starwars line then I would be very interested in not just a bomber jacket, but maybe a leather jacket that has just the logos on the shoulder and options for a custom name tag. People offer a leather jacket now, but it's not to my tastes.
Ok guys, here is a digital mock-up of what I had in mind:

Some notes on the changes:
  • changed the collar to a more standard bomber shape (slightly more pointed)
    the length will be determined by the measurements provided (shown here with a cropped waist-length)
    removed the internal stormflap behind the zipper
    waist has an elasticated band based on the back look of the jumpsuit
The name badge could still be included as an optional extra (perhaps design a smaller version so it's less prominent?).

So, what do you guys think?
Snooker, stonecoldrmw liked this
I'm in.... for probably more than one... price is a factor tho'

-I think namebadge should be an OPTION, but not required
-I am liking the subdued patch a lot

Also, is this fabric the same color as your Version 1: Tan flight suit?
Indy Magnoli liked this
Indy Magnoli wrote: February 8th, 2022, 5:04 pm Someone at the RPF suggested using a subdued version of the Noghost patch to add to the subtlety of this jacket, so here's a mock-up:

Here's a concept for the subdued patch:

What do you think of this idea?
I'd be ok with the subdued patch but I love the clean look of the normal one more. If there can't be a choice of one or the other then I'd say go with whatever one you personally want to sell! I'll buy one either way as long as they come in a 2x. Also is it just me or does the torso look a little short?
VenomSymbiote wrote: February 9th, 2022, 11:02 pm Also is it just me or does the torso look a little short?
Yeah, depending on the era, bomber jackets had a waist band of different material along the bottom
Last edited by Kingpin on February 17th, 2022, 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Fixed quote coding
Indy Magnoli liked this
We're going to do a couple of prototypes to see how these come out in real life. The mock-up was cropped a bit too short due to the placement of the waist straps on the jumpsuit. I've also tweaked a couple of other details for the final design. As of right now, we're planning on offering both the standard and subdued patch options as well as the name badge for those who still want it. We'll be making two samples, a GB1 ripstop and a GB2 charcoal. Stay tuned!
VenomSymbiote, Thumpernicus, Snooker and 3 others liked this
By Kingpin
Indy Magnoli wrote: February 8th, 2022, 5:04 pm Someone at the RPF suggested using a subdued version of the Noghost patch to add to the subtlety of this jacket, so here's a mock-up:

What do you think of this idea?
Subtlety seems uncharacteristic of the Ghostbusters. :)
Indy Magnoli liked this
Indy Magnoli wrote: February 10th, 2022, 2:01 pm We're going to do a couple of prototypes to see how these come out in real life. The mock-up was cropped a bit too short due to the placement of the waist straps on the jumpsuit. I've also tweaked a couple of other details for the final design. As of right now, we're planning on offering both the standard and subdued patch options as well as the name badge for those who still want it. We'll be making two samples, a GB1 ripstop and a GB2 charcoal. Stay tuned!
Potentially a really silly question but I can't quite tell from the mock up. Are there pockets on the lower section to stick your hands in?
Indy Magnoli liked this
Not a silly question at all as I completely forgot to mention it (and didn't add it to the digital mock-up since it really couldn't be seen). We're planning on adding a couple of side-entry slots along the side seams to access the large front chest pockets. So essentially, yes, they'll be hand warmer pockets, though they'll be set a little further back than most jackets so as not to interfere too much with the style of the original jumpsuit pockets.
VenomSymbiote liked this
Indy Magnoli wrote: February 11th, 2022, 1:30 am Not a silly question at all as I completely forgot to mention it (and didn't add it to the digital mock-up since it really couldn't be seen). We're planning on adding a couple of side-entry slots along the side seams to access the large front chest pockets. So essentially, yes, they'll be hand warmer pockets, though they'll be set a little further back than most jackets so as not to interfere too much with the style of the original jumpsuit pockets.
I'm surprised something like this doesn't exist yet. I went looking for a GB jacket designed like the suits not long ago and the only ones that try to resemble it are either cartoonishly designed, or not accurate in the slightest. I settled on a nice hoodie but it's just a black one with the logo and a GB nametag, so this as an option would be pretty nice.
By Snooker
Indy Magnoli wrote: February 11th, 2022, 1:34 pm ...and we're working hard to keep the price around $150 (shipped).
This is absolutely acceptable. Please keep us up to date, i really want one of those Jackets ;-)
By timeware
Thumpernicus wrote: February 10th, 2022, 12:06 am
VenomSymbiote wrote: February 9th, 2022, 11:02 pm Also is it just me or does the torso look a little short?
Yeah, depending on the era, bomber jackets had a waist band of different material along the bottom
It's a good thing leangth is done by measurements. No one want's to see me midriff. Ever. Lol. $150 is very reasonable for a custom jacket.
Proton Props UK

Considering David orders most of the parts he does[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]