By Cyland Props
Suit colors:

First movie is a brown / grey, the color of cardboard backing on notepads or Krylon Dove Grey/ Classic grey. Basically khaki is too yellow needs to be dyed with pearl grey.

Second movie is khaki.
By roopjm
Hi guys!
I'm looking to buy a Flightsuit as well and start my Build.
I'm a short and big guy.
about 5'7", 280lbs
I wear 46 waiste, 30" inseams are always a bit long, but i don't mind that.
I'm not sure what my chest is, i'd guess about about 48?

I was thinking of getting one of the Tru-Spec suits in Navy. So perhaps a 3x?
I really like that coloring from part 2, but I'm gonna go with the original Logo.
I also live in South Carolina and I've read that the Tru-Specs are more comfortable.

Thanks! Such a wonderful GB community I'm glad to have found
:cool:
By kevinj319
janderson0719 wrote:
The part when kind2311 mentioned about different suits made for different shots is easy to believe. Hardly with movies now a days or even in the past is there one of any props or clothing used. Makes sense there were more than one kind of flightsuits and were different for movie shot purposes or simply different fabrics were used.

Check out this post, which shows Harold Ramis standing next to his stunt man. Clearly the two uniforms are different colors, and the stuntman even has slightly different elbow pads. That means there were at least two different uniforms floating around that had a "Spengler" nametag, and I would assume the same is true for the other cast members.
By YHSCraig
Ok, I know it's annoying but I'll throw it out. 5'8'' 180lbs, looking at a tru spec. I was thinking 44r but than saw that they go by normal sizes. I want a nice fit, not to baggy...let's call it The Spengler Fit. Medium or Large?

Thanks guys and gals
By jigawatts121
I really like the suit I just got from here. It's a little more tan but it still looks terrific. Now I just need a a pair of boots, a leg hose with a connector and a belt gizmo.
By bjz
Ok can you guys help me locate a suit that will fit me correctly. I am 6'3" 235. 48 or 49 in chest. 38 waist and wear 38*34 in pants. Little bit of a belly. Either an xl or 2xl shirt. I ordered a 2xl rothco and I am now thinking that was a big mistake. Suggestions? Thanks.
By B-Rad
Ok I'll bite, looking at a tru spec but not sure on the size. I'm 5' 11" , 155 when I last weighted in, wear a 36 jeans and XL shirt (mostly since I'm tall).
By RoboTrap
Busting on a budget, so I'm getting the suit from the GBFan shop.

I'm 5'4", 120lbs, 35" chest, 29" waist, 34" hips and a 30" inseam. Please, please, PLEASE tell me the Small will fit!

EDIT: I may be springing for a Nomex; what size should I go for?
By IPv6Freely
RoboTrap wrote:Busting on a budget, so I'm getting the suit from the GBFan shop.

I'm 5'4", 120lbs, 35" chest, 29" waist, 34" hips and a 30" inseam. Please, please, PLEASE tell me the Small will fit!

EDIT: I may be springing for a Nomex; what size should I go for?
36R, 38R if you want it a bit loose.
By IPv6Freely
So I'm looking for a Nomex, and the one I found was listed in the auction as nomex, and says "92% meta aramid, 5% para-aramid, 3% conductive fiber" on the tag.

It didnt fit, so I went looking for another. I found one in my size, which again says the same thing on the tag, but when I asked the seller if this one was nomex, he replied "These are USAF Flyers Coveralls, not US Army CVC also know as Nomex."

So now I'm kind of confused...
By Steve Waters II
Alright guys, I'm looking into a Tru-Spec XL-Long. I'm 6'5" and 210lbs. I wear 38" x 36" and Army Surplus for Less has a return policy, but that's a lot of time in transit if I have to replace them.
By FunkPunkTwang
Yup, looking to upgrade but I'm unsure on my size, I've looked at the sizing chart and what people order and I have no idea.

Here's my measurements:
Height: 5'7"-5'8"
Weight: 155lbs-160lbs
Waist: 32-34
legs: 30

any help would be great!!!
By IPv6Freely
FunkPunkTwang wrote:Yup, looking to upgrade but I'm unsure on my size, I've looked at the sizing chart and what people order and I have no idea.

Here's my measurements:
Height: 5'7"-5'8"
Weight: 155lbs-160lbs
Waist: 32-34
legs: 30

any help would be great!!!
Chest size is the key measurement.
By B-Rad
ok looking for some help again, looking at a Tru-Spec and am unsure which size to go with M or L

Measurements for me are:

Chest: 39 1/2 but I'll just say 40
waist: I usually wear between a 36 and 38 waist
height: 5' 11"
leg length: 30

not sure if it makes the difference or not but for T-shirts I usually try and get a tall because of my height. I'm thinking a Large cause of my waist but wanted opinions from experienced busters (my first suit).
By drizzle
drizzle wrote:
parksdesign wrote:Just bought a tru-spec suit in XL and I think I did some major Gonad damage.

Seriously though, it's way too tight in the crotch. If it wasn't for that, I could almost stand it.

I'm returning the suit. What size should I get?

I'm 6'1", 260 lbs.

I workout religiously. Basically, I'm built like a linebacker.

I do have a little belly.

Do you think a 2XL in the Tru-spec would work?
That's basically me, minus 20 pounds and linebacker build, and I defiantly have concerns about the length in the shoulder to crotch or torso region. I know the uniforms for sale on the store here say not for tall people, is there any brand that is?
A year later thanks to a recommendation by parksdesign I ended up getting a CWU-27/P 50, and it is great. I am now able able to raise my arms above my head or sit down without sacrificing testicular integrity.
By stephens540
im thinking 3x tru spec not sure

5'8"
230lbs
chest 46-47
-got a bit of a belly
a rothco xl is kinda tight in the groin and belly

advice?
By IPv6Freely
stephens540 wrote:im thinking 3x tru spec not sure

5'8"
230lbs
chest 46-47
-got a bit of a belly
a rothco xl is kinda tight in the groin and belly

advice?
Yea, buy this: LINK TO EBAY REMOVED
By IPv6Freely
stephens540 wrote:thanks ya...i was thinking about a tru spec though
Why would you prefer less accurate for more money? :whatever:
By stephens540
because i dont NEED nomex, and i plan on getting a gibson and barnes eventually anyway
By IPv6Freely
stephens540 wrote:because i dont NEED nomex, and i plan on getting a gibson and barnes eventually anyway
Well that certainly doesn't make any sense, but to each his own, I suppose. :whatever:
By stephens540
my rotcho ripped and i need something for appearences the rest of this month and dont have th money right now....i couldnt find that seller on ebay and just rather get a tru spec for now
By stephens540
found the auction after much time figuring out my account info..havent logged in since 2005! thank you much i think ill buy this anyway
By B-Rad
got my flightsuit (Tru Spec ) today and tried it on, and it fit a little close to the crotch but I could deal with it but when fully on it still fit a little tight upper body wise. Like when I have on a large t shirt it fits fine but when I go to raise my arms it makes it feel like it's tight hence why I go with XL shirts. Since I wanna get a replacement would I wanna go same size (XL) but in a long or go the next size up?
By SpiderFan2k3
Anyone else having trouble with their Tru-Spec elastic waist straps?

The elastic broke the first time I tried it on (and I'm not a fat guy!). Luckily I tried it on before removing the tags and washing it, so I was able to return it. Now I just have to wait for its replace ment--cutting a little close, I know.
By GBMelnutz
I already own a Nomex 34 Reg. Flight suit, but I'm thinking about buying another one.
The 34 Reg. fits me fine, maybe just a tad too tight, but what's the difference in the "regular" and "long" wording on the sites?
I'm slightly confused, plus I'm thinking a 36 Reg. or Long will give me just a little bit of extra maneuverability.
By Skyknight
If I got it right, the long has longer legs, the short shorter legs and the regular is just the basic model. Some sellers recommend to buy one shorter than your leg size if you want to tuck the legs inside your boots.

Sugarland Express.Very early Spielberg movie,it's […]

Also probably different release dates. USA[…]

I like the camo tint. This is the one tint I would[…]

Ghostbusters Day 2024

Even if Frozen Empire somehow made a billion dolla[…]