shodanmark wrote:
RayGBuster wrote:i have a g&b suit due to me this week. its carcoal gb2 ill post when it comes in
Is it the Sentinel Uniform UB2P2 Resolute P/C long sleeve? I'm interested in getting one too.

it is p/c. they dont offer the dark grey in nomex. i highly recommend g&b. if u order more than one they give discounts
I received an email from Amy about the material/colors used for the suits in GB2. The fabric was supplied by the studio for the suits to be made.

As for the wind flap issue, I had a lengthy discussion with Jairus about this yesterday. . .

The khaki one's all had wind flaps.
And Bill's suit just to be safe:

But as far as the charcoal ones, Ernie Hudson's suit is regularly seen without the flap. Both in the movie, and when he wears it to conventions, the wind flap is either missing from the suit, or he has it folded inward.
*Note the chest pockets on this suit, which are exactly the same as other g&b flight suits

So for the most part, the wind flap is screen accurate unless you want to replicate Ernie getting screwed over by a cheap costume department haha. Seriously though, it could be there, folded inward, but if you watch GB2, you never see it on his charcoal uniform.
I heard back from Amy at Gibson-Barnes, who was incredibly helpful.

She went through the exhaustive laundry list of demands (poor woman...) and confirmed that they can provide exactly what I was hoping for.

That would be custom suits made from khaki cotton ripstop material that I will be supplying to them. :-D

Their tooling only allows them to do the style of chest pockets seen on most G&B suits, but that would be an incredibly easy and quick fix with a sewing machine once I receive the suit. The price quoted was just south of $200 (plus the cost of fabric, of course), dependent upon particulars once they have a chance to look at the fabric and discuss all the features. I'd like to pore over reference shots just to make sure that I didn't miss any fine details, then I'll see about finalizing it.

If no one has any objections, I'd like to get an interest thread going and see about doing a quantity run of these. I know they offer quantity discounts, and that fabric is only available in large bolts (probably 3-5 suits per bolt, dependent upon suit sizes). I'd handle the purchase of fabric, getting it to G&B, making the orders and specifying features, then performing the slight chest pocket alteration when they arrive. I believe that would help cut costs and simplify the process for anyone who would like a super-accurate GB1-style suit. Cost-wise, I think we could keep it around the $300 mark; possibly a decent bit less, depending on what kind of quantity discounts we're looking at.
Jairus wrote:I heard back from Amy at Gibson-Barnes, who was incredibly helpful.

She went through the exhaustive laundry list of demands (poor woman...) and confirmed that they can provide exactly what I was hoping for.

That would be custom suits made from khaki cotton ripstop material that I will be supplying to them. :-D

Their tooling only allows them to do the style of chest pockets seen on most G&B suits, but that would be an incredibly easy and quick fix with a sewing machine once I receive the suit. The price quoted was just south of $200 (plus the cost of fabric, of course), dependent upon particulars once they have a chance to look at the fabric and discuss all the features. I'd like to pore over reference shots just to make sure that I didn't miss any fine details, then I'll see about finalizing it.

If no one has any objections, I'd like to get an interest thread going and see about doing a quantity run of these. I know they offer quantity discounts, and that fabric is only available in large bolts (probably 3-5 suits per bolt, dependent upon suit sizes). I'd handle the purchase of fabric, getting it to G&B, making the orders and specifying features, then performing the slight chest pocket alteration when they arrive. I believe that would help cut costs and simplify the process for anyone who would like a super-accurate GB1-style suit. Cost-wise, I think we could keep it around the $300 mark; possibly a decent bit less, depending on what kind of quantity discounts we're looking at.
That sounds like a pretty awesome idea Jairus. Do you know if this will be for generic "off the shelf" sizing or will these suits me tailor fit?
From what she's told me, I believe these will be custom-fit. I can't guarantee that until I hear back from her, so I won't claim that they are until I know.

I've gone ahead and posted the thread, should anyone like to take a look:
http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... 31&t=19916
Okay, I got new swatches from g&b in the fabric and colors I wanted. The colors are Dark Grey, Navy, and Dark Navy.

In sunlight:

In the shade, without the flash; but still outside:

Flash:

Indoors, no flash (hence why its blurry):

I'd have to say, I'd probably go with the dark grey and maybe give it a cold dye bath (so it doesn't shrink on me) in like royal blue or something to get the blue tint to it.

I've also talked to Amy about this and the suits in the films were supplied to them from the studio, so if you want that color, you're still going to have to get it to it yourself it seems.

So, what does everyone else think?
i talked to g&b yesterday and they said my suit should be at my house in 1 and a half weeks... uhhhhh. i really wanted it for this weekend but i ll wait as soon as i get it i will post pics ghostbusters promise.
mburkit wrote:But as far as the charcoal ones, Ernie Hudson's suit is regularly seen without the flap. Both in the movie, and when he wears it to conventions, the wind flap is either missing from the suit, or he has it folded inward.
The is the slightest hint of a flap on Egon's uniform in this Hi-Res pic.
http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs46/f/2009/ ... oKun13.jpg
RayGBuster wrote:i talked to g&b yesterday and they said my suit should be at my house in 1 and a half weeks... uhhhhh. i really wanted it for this weekend but i ll wait as soon as i get it i will post pics ghostbusters promise.
Have you received your flightsuit yet?
yes it does have a flap. did this sway opinion from rothco? i will use g&b for all my suits. the wait time is well worth it. im gonna order different colors from the multiplayer rank up. when i get those in ill post them.
I recently got my dark grey poly/cotton blend flight suit from Gibson and Barnes and I figured I'd post some comments and pictures of it.

First the suit. Its great. Its built well, fits me amazingly and is very comfortable. The suit is made out of 7.5ounce fabric so please note that this baby can get hot, depending on when and where you are wearing it. My only issue is it doesn't have a windflap behind the main zipper. What is there are these 2 flaps of fabric on either side of the zipper that are sewn down at certain points from when the outer details were being put onto the suit, such as the chest pockets. There's enough fabric there for these "flaps" to be turned into a wind flap but to be able to use all the fabric that's there, you'd have to undo important stitching of the suit. I honestly didn't want to mess up my pockets so I just left them be.

As for the color of the dark grey suit, I think it looks very nice. After wearing it to Wizard World Philly and seeing Ernie in his suit in person again, the color is very similar. But if you want the suit to look closer to what is seen on screen, it would need to be dyed slightly with some blue to give it that tint.

My final thoughts? Love the suit, love the color, and I'm very happy with my purchase. I will never have to buy another charcoal suit again, that's for sure.

Here's some pictures. I'm going to post a lot of them because they were taken with different cameras, some with flash, and some without so you can get a good idea of how the color looks :

ImageWe were comparing proton packs . . . yeah

Lastly, here is Del after he got his pack signed by Ernie. This is how Ernie's GB2 suit looked in the same lighting conditions of the convention:

Sadly, I wore my charcoal suit on the Friday of the con, and Ernie wore is on the Saturday of the con so I wasn't able to get a comparison shot of us both in a shot together with our suits on. That and I didn't want to pay $25 bucks for it when I already have too many pictures of me with the man.

That's about it. I'd be curious to hear anyone's opinion of the color and/or the suit.
Hey brotha!
Are you still able to take orders for the G&B flightsuits?

Chris
would it be possible to find like a tan or light brown permanent marker and go over those white zipper tapes with it? theyre really distracting.
i know mburkit took a black sharpie to his after i kept bugging him about it and it looks much better now :cool:
Yeah, i hit the white zippers of my dark grey suit with a black sharpie and its not as noticeable now.

Me receiving "donations" from this fountain . . .

And me sleeping on the Philly Phanatic:

Compared to the other photos I posted, no more white zipper-ness.

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]