This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

I'm currently working on a new modern uniform inspired by the uniforms worn by the most Fire Departments when at the station, etc.

Everything is being shipped at the moment, but here is the layout I pictured:

Shirt (LAPD Navy Blue)

I'm having Vinyl Arm Patches made by The Mutiny Shop (http://www.mutinyshop.com) as this will look a bit more updated than sewn patches. They are velcro backed as well to make them interchangable.

The nametags will be magnetic backed which will also make them interchangable (http://namebadgesinternational.com.au/N ... stige/c27/)

I'm looking to screenprint or have sewn GBNY on the back similar to my undershirt.

Undershirt

Pants (Dark Navy)

Belt

Boots (When pants worn untucked)

Boots (When pants worn tucked)

I should have everything within the next few weeks so i'll post updates when they arrive.
Matt Campbell, BlkMesaHero, SPJ and 1 others liked this
Looks cool, I'm interested to see the pics of this completed.
It has that "around the fire house" kinda feel. Looks a lot like what we used to wear in the Forest Service. I am really looking forward to seeing this finished!
By Vee
Nice! I'm a fan of some of the experimenting people have been doing with two-piece uniforms.
I have to ask, though, what's the deal with the magnetic nametags? Why not velcro? I would think those would hang on better.
Are you thinking about doing short sleeves too? That would look ( and feel) cooler.
Vee liked this
Nonagon wrote:Nice! I'm a fan of some of the experimenting people have been doing with two-piece uniforms.
I have to ask, though, what's the deal with the magnetic nametags? Why not velcro? I would think those would hang on better.
Thanks for the feedback! TBH, I bought the magnetic nametags in haste as they were cheap, and I wanted to see how they'd turn out, lol.

If the quality of the arm patches are awesome, then i'll likely order some vinyl nametags as well, just in a slightly smaller size than the ones on the jumpsuits (maybe 75% size).

On that note, the nametags arrived this morning, and they don't look that bad. The magnets are really strong too:

Matt Campbell, SPJ, Glenn Frederick and 1 others liked this
Those tags look neat!
Those magnet tags look cool, but I think the sewn name patches have a more organic look.

Here's my shirt from a while ago: http://www.gbfans.com/fans/props/uniforms/3458/2/
Very awesome! I love the idea of a two piece uniform. I have a Rothco jump suit and it's a bit too small for my....um....portly figure. I LOVE the style of the t-shirt. The mind juices are flowing! Can't wait to see an update with photos of you wearing everything.
Thanks again for the comments guys.

While i'm waiting for everything to arrive, I've ordered a short sleeve shirt as well:

And I've found a pair of boots i'm looking at ordering too (Black w/ red stitching and yellow reflective tape):

EDIT:Boots have now been purchased as well.
SPJ liked this
SPJ wrote:Who makes those boots?
Oliver Footwear - Style 66-395 230MM (9") LACE UP STRUCTURAL FIREFIGHTER BOOT

They retail for about $350, but I found a seller on eBay that has Factory Seconds for $90 plus shipping, so we'll see how they look when they arrive I guess...
SPJ liked this
Thanks Man!

My boots just arrived too, so i'll take some pictures when I get home.

The vinyl patches are now on there way from the manufacturer, and I just have to wait for the Pants and Short Sleeve Shirt to ship as the shirt is on backorder.
I am really digging this look.

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]

Uniform Tips

Sorry for the triple post (you guys have gotten […]

Proton Props???

Ugly Little Spud, Did you actually get the pack?[…]