Thank you for being so generous, Zed.
I had preordered one just the night before I had read your comment on Facebook, offering reference material.

It's a really exiting project!
I'm looking forward to seeing it progress.

Just out of curiosity do you know which part of the original GB suit has become discoloured?
I've heard some say it's the parts which are darker and others say that it's the lighter parts.
Are there any spots on the discoloured sections that show how it looked originally, on a part that wasn't exposed to light for example?

machina28 liked this
ZedR wrote: March 1st, 2020, 4:50 pm The lighter, tan hue is the discolored portion. There are spots on those sections where you can see the original gray-ish color, absolutely.
Is there a way to compare the original color with a comparison to, lets say a GF fans suit, or eBay nomex suit? Just to see the actual difference with what we all have access to?

--Sorry for the tangent on this thread--
djsparky wrote: March 2nd, 2020, 4:47 pm
ZedR wrote: March 1st, 2020, 4:50 pm The lighter, tan hue is the discolored portion. There are spots on those sections where you can see the original gray-ish color, absolutely.
Is there a way to compare the original color with a comparison to, lets say a GF fans suit, or eBay nomex suit? Just to see the actual difference with what we all have access to?

--Sorry for the tangent on this thread--
GB1 Stantz on Left, Tru Spec on right.

GB1, GB2, Tru Spec.
mike_waclo, ccv66, RedSpecial and 3 others liked this
I'll probably order all three once they get a shipping date and samples.. The color seems hard. Do you match the color to something that's 35 years old, Match it to how it looked in 1984, or how it appeared washed out in the movie? I'm willing to give them some wiggle room on the color as long as everything else is correct.

Thanks to ZedR for sharing all the pics, definitely adds to the community. The pics should probably be archived in the equipment section
It's a difficult one.
The only way to be spot on to the costumes from the time of production would be if there was a still of one along with a pantone guide.
Although I've never seen such an image.

Honestly though I'm sure it'll be fairly close, if the unaffected areas on the faded sections are close in colour to that of the unfaded sections, it's a safe assumption to think that today's colour wouldn't be too far off of what it originally was.
Especially if those unnafected areas are in places that wouldn't have been exposed to as much direct light, such as under the collar or inside the suit.

RedSpecial wrote: March 3rd, 2020, 4:54 am It's a difficult one.
The only way to be spot on to the costumes from the time of production would be if there was a still of one along with a pantone guide.
Although I've never seen such an image.

Honestly though I'm sure it'll be fairly close, if the unaffected areas on the faded sections are close in colour to that of the unfaded sections, it's a safe assumption to think that today's colour wouldn't be too far off of what it originally was.
Especially if those unnafected areas are in places that wouldn't have been exposed to as much direct light, such as under the collar or inside the suit.
Yes, under the collar, storm flap, Inside hip pockets and a few other sections from the faded areas match the non-faded portions. Ive been able to examine a few other examples in private collections and mine seems to match, so think it’s as close as we’re going to get.
RedSpecial liked this
That's great to hear :)
It never ceases to amaze me that we're still finding things out about these costumes and props after all this time.

And it'll finally put an end to the age old argument about the suits colour.

Judging from the comparison pics it seems it was neither completely khaki or completely gray so I guess both sides of the debate were partially correct.

I wonder if they'll be using movie accurate no-ghost logos. That would tip me in the favor of buying, especially the original GB uniform. I'm really glad the company that made the GBII uniforms still exists though. So if you buy a II version, are they going to plop the yellow hose connector from the original movie on it? That makes me hesitant.
RedSpecial wrote: March 12th, 2020, 5:29 pm You'd think so given the reference material that they have access to.
It's easy enough to swap them out for a Todd Cook or calgary ghostbusters patch if they aren't but judging by the attention to detail so far I'm cautiously optimistic that it'll be as spot on as possible.
Ah, yes! Awhile back I found a forum where someone posted a template for a stunningly film-accurate GB II logo patch. Was that Calgary Ghostbusters?
I pre-ordered and asked for the patches to not be sewn on so I can more easily opt for my own name tag and a Todd Cook or Calgary arm patch if there's isn't as accurate. I might also ask for the hose connector on the side. I'll hopefully wait until some others here get theirs so I can judge before my order is ready to go.
I was pretty stoked when I saw my name there, too :)

I've opted to have them attached to the suit.
I have a really nice accurate Todd Cook Designs patch that I can replace the Noghost with if need be but the name patch above is more accurate than the one I currently have and if those are anything to go by, with the GB1 namepatch at least, we might just be pleasantly surprised with the magnoli noghost.

Although obviously that would be a decent amount of work, having felt as the base fabric, colour matching the red thread and getting the stitch pattern spot on as well as the overall size and shape.
I guess time will tell.

Abritinthebay, I've seen a lot of people with long names use a nickname instead.

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]

Uniform Tips

Sorry for the triple post (you guys have gotten […]

Proton Props???

Ugly Little Spud, Did you actually get the pack?[…]

Just seen this thread add me JudgeGerry to London