By LarryKoopa
My wife got me a flight suit and a name tag, but I don’t know what the best way to attach it would be. My instinct is to attach the patch to the Velcro, but I don’t n ow if it’s meant to iron-on or if it has to be sewn?
By Kingpin
Some nametags come equipped with a glue patch, but I believe few fans use the glue due to the mess they can make - and the permanence of the option.

Velcro's one option, especially if you're wanting to remove the patches for when you wash the suit. Most folks however sew them straight onto the flight suit, which was how it was done on the props used in the first two films - this option gives you the choice to upgrade the patches in future, swap them out if you want to shift from a GB1 suit to a GB2 suit (or vice versa), or if you need to replace the suit, but want to keep the patches.
LarryKoopa liked this
By mike_waclo
I'd also recommend avoiding the iron-on option, as most of mine have tended to start peeling off after a short while. Sewing takes a little longer, but it worth it for looks and durability.

Also, the velcro patch placement on most flight suits sits too far away from the zipper, causing pack straps to overlap the name tag, if that's any concern. :)
By CaptainTripps
DarkSpectre wrote: September 17th, 2021, 8:06 am The velcro on the suit is in the wrong place and too small. Remove it. The uses a small bead of glue to hold it in place and sew it on
What was the cleanest way to remove the velcro strip that comes with the suit? Also, did everyone attach the opposite velcro type to the actual nameplate...what is the best method for that?

My preference is to be able to swap nameplates randomly for when I want to be Spengler or....just me!
By tobycj
CaptainTripps wrote: October 13th, 2021, 8:53 pm
DarkSpectre wrote: September 17th, 2021, 8:06 am The velcro on the suit is in the wrong place and too small. Remove it. The uses a small bead of glue to hold it in place and sew it on
What was the cleanest way to remove the velcro strip that comes with the suit? Also, did everyone attach the opposite velcro type to the actual nameplate...what is the best method for that?

My preference is to be able to swap nameplates randomly for when I want to be Spengler or....just me!
Either get a thread unpicker, or a scalpel/xacto and cut the threads on the stitching, and then unpick them. Give the fabric a good rub in multiple directions to close up the stitch holes as much as you can, and then chuck it in the wash, and that should mostly close up the stitch holes.

Just seen this thread add me JudgeGerry to London

Proton Props UK

I would like to apologise to everyone for the dela[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

How feasible would it be for Hasbro to release &[…]

Proton Props???

Ugly Little Spud, Did you actually get the pack? I[…]