I'm looking around to get patches for my first uniform, and I know I want to use my own name (I want to be ME as a Ghostbuster ^_^ ). But something that I've noticed is that my last name (Rice) is waaaay shorter than the names of any of the original cast.
So my question is, how are shorter names usually handled? Are the tags smaller width wise? Are the letters more spread out? Are they Just in the center of the badge? I know I'm at the mercy of who ever makes it, but I guess I'm just curious what I should expect.
Sorry if this question has already been asked, or if this is not the place for this. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
Hello Mr. Rice ;-)

I had the same concerns this Halloween, because a friend of mine joined our Ghost-Hunting-Tour and she also has a short last name. I made a sketch in Illustrator with the GB Font and gave it to my manufacturer. It turned out not that bad:

I think a good manufacturer will make a sketch / draft for your approval, so adjustments can be made befor firing up the stitching machine ;-) The nametags i've had produced are not 100% film-accurate, but they'll do the job.

cheers
Mike
My sister and brother-in-law have a 3 letter last name and the replacement patch I got for my sister after they got married came out fantastic

The letters had a normal gap between each letter but the letter themselves were sightly wider but the name nicely filled the length of the patch, so shorter names are doable and still look good

I'm sure if you ask around the people making the patches they can help you out

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]