For the various Ghostbusters Cartoon series. Real Ghostbusters, Extreme Ghostbusters and more!
Whelp! Sony just slapped down my Egon and Ray shirt from Redbubble due to copyright. I dunno if they hit a load of Ghostbusters designs but there are still 5,000 up there so seems petty to me.

Redbubble doesn’t seem worth the hassle though - side note I put up a completely original design that was Animal Crossing esque but entirely my own characters and design. Got taken down immediately despite being 100% original artwork. Assuming because I tagged it ‘acnh’… just becomes pointless when there is so much stolen art up there they don’t give a crap about.
Chicken, He Clucked wrote: March 8th, 2022, 4:26 pm Whelp! Sony just slapped down my Egon and Ray shirt from Redbubble due to copyright. I dunno if they hit a load of Ghostbusters designs but there are still 5,000 up there so seems petty to me.

Redbubble doesn’t seem worth the hassle though - side note I put up a completely original design that was Animal Crossing esque but entirely my own characters and design. Got taken down immediately despite being 100% original artwork. Assuming because I tagged it ‘acnh’… just becomes pointless when there is so much stolen art up there they don’t give a crap about.
That’s such a shame! I’d love to see more of these, they’d be great for autographing! Keep up the amazing work my friend!
One more for you guys...

Had this on the backburner for ages for a variety of reasons, and I decided I'd rather move on to doing original stuff. Was especially difficult with the lines and I'm not happy with some of it, but I need to move on to new work.

I may return to the project at some point, but I have an illustration page on instagram for anyone interested if I'm permitted to share. Appreciate any follows and I'll be posting Ghostbusters fan art there over time. Cheers!
Kingpin, mrmichaelt, Wafflerobot and 2 others liked this
Everything here is absolutely top-notch stuff, man. As a fellow artist, I know just how freakin' hard it is to replicate someone else's work and get 'close enough' much less getting it dang near exact, especially with backgrounds. It's really a shame that Sony hasn't thought to remaster the series because lord knows I'd buy a set.
Chicken, He Clucked and -1 others liked this
Spenglers wrote: November 5th, 2022, 3:41 pm Everything here is absolutely top-notch stuff, man. As a fellow artist, I know just how freakin' hard it is to replicate someone else's work and get 'close enough' much less getting it dang near exact, especially with backgrounds. It's really a shame that Sony hasn't thought to remaster the series because lord knows I'd buy a set.
Thanks! :cool: Yeah the background was tricky, blocked it out with gradients then use a combination of ink, airbrush and watercolour brushes. Then blur. The good thing is I guess is they are static so once done in theory should take less time to animate the characters over the top, but the low resolution makes the line work difficult. I used a different frame for Winston as I felt that made for a better image, but Ray is "off".

I'd love to get a remastered version of the series one day.
Spenglers liked this
I won't lie, I honestly don't get what you are doing, though the final results are stunning.

My criticisms are pretty much, I think the color choices are a bit too bright. A bit of desaturation might help, as well as a noise layer to make the characters/objects less flat. But that all is only suggestions. It is still pretty breathtaking. One thing about it all is that a shot has the same background, so after making the default image, you could use the background over again and add what has changed from frame to frame, pretty much animating it. So there might be less work once you got about everything built to work from.

Anyways, best of luck on the project.
Chicken, He Clucked and -1 others liked this
devilmanozzy wrote:I won't lie, I honestly don't get what you are doing, though the final results are stunning.

My criticisms are pretty much, I think the color choices are a bit too bright. A bit of desaturation might help, as well as a noise layer to make the characters/objects less flat. But that all is only suggestions. It is still pretty breathtaking. One thing about it all is that a shot has the same background, so after making the default image, you could use the background over again and add what has changed from frame to frame, pretty much animating it. So there might be less work once you got about everything built to work from.

Anyways, best of luck on the project.
Thanks, I get what you're saying about the saturation, although those colour choices are literally picked from the original image, however it's a balance trying to both counteract the low resolution colour bleed, and also replicate it so the image retains a CRT type glow. I'm going to move on to producing my own work / fan art, although the AI upscaled intro would be ripe for remastering.
devilmanozzy liked this
I know this is a bit of an old thread, but I have… a LOT of RGB cels. Backgrounds too. If you want the accurate colors I can sample them.

NTSC colorspace f**** up colors a bunch, so it might be interesting to have for comparison so you can see how adjusted the background could be too.

Attached some examples…
LouisZeddemore liked this
Proton Props UK

Considering David orders most of the parts he do[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]