For the various Ghostbusters Cartoon series. Real Ghostbusters, Extreme Ghostbusters and more!
Rules: To play, simply post something viewers may not have noticed in an episode of the Real Ghostbusters and/or Slimer! & the Real Ghostbusters and be sure to include the phrase "ever notice" with an accompanying screen grab.

In the episode Last Train to Oblivion, ever notice how huge the ghost trap Winston is holding is?
Ever notice that in the episode Baby Spookums, some random girl kisses Egon, and can't keep her hands off of him? She's totally DTF. I bet Janine would be wicked jealous if she ever found out. Egon is such a babe magnet….

(12:31)
Spengler02 liked this
This has nothing to do with the animation but in the episode Ghostbuster of the year Ray says, "Of the swimsuit issue?" when Peter was supposed to say it. There's a similar error in the episode Bird of Kildarby.
By Spengler02
Ever notice Egon staring at Janine when Peter is talking to her in Janine's Genie (9:37). I never liked Janine and now I remember why.
By Spengler02
Ever notice how the writers keep making stuff happen to Egon, or how they keep making all the girls like him. I'm guessing they liked him because they alsobrought him back in the extreme ghostbusters.
By Peterson
Ever notice in "When Halloween Was Forever," the goof where they show Winston, Peter and Egon on the roof confronting Samhain, when it should be Winston, Peter, and Ray? Egon is down in the street rigging up some spotlights.

By Spengler02
Or in 244 Cry Uncle at 18:47, when Egon is yelling at Stay Puft to get him to turn around, they made to flops: it showed Peter instead of Egon, and Peter/Egon's hand is backward.

Also Janine sits on people alot.
SonofSamhain wrote:Ever notice how Winston says "Anyone seen the meitch to these?" in The Brooklyn Triangle epiode? How did that get by Marsha (Goodman)?
Kingpin wrote:Sounds like "mates" to me.
SonofSamhain wrote:Good call, but I dunno. I still hear a "ch" sound at the end.
I'm totally perplexed by this.

He absolutely says 'mates', it's crystal clear from the context. He's holding up two mismatched socks, wondering where their mates are.

But I have to ask, what the HECK is a 'meitch' anyway?

Your original post acts as if it's a really dirty word they snuck in, but not only have I never heard it in nearly 45 years on this planet, it turns up exactly zero hits on both google and dictionary.com

Enlighten me.

Alex
Smeghead liked this
Alex Newborn wrote:
SonofSamhain wrote:Ever notice how Winston says "Anyone seen the meitch to these?" in The Brooklyn Triangle epiode? How did that get by Marsha (Goodman)?
Kingpin wrote:Sounds like "mates" to me.
SonofSamhain wrote:Good call, but I dunno. I still hear a "ch" sound at the end.
I'm totally perplexed by this.

He absolutely says 'mates', it's crystal clear from the context. He's holding up two mismatched socks, wondering where their mates are.

But I have to ask, what the HECK is a 'meitch' anyway?

Your original post acts as if it's a really dirty word they snuck in, but not only have I never heard it in nearly 45 years on this planet, it turns up exactly zero hits on both google and dictionary.com

Enlighten me.

Alex

"meitch" is (of course) not a real word; I spelled it as it sounded to me--assuming it was some sort of typo or mispronunciation of a word in the script that slipped by Marsha Goodman. I wasn't implying it was some sort of dirty word...my question [if in fact it was a typo] was exactly along the lines of what you asked..."what the heck is a 'meitch' anyway?"

Ummm... the actors weren't just improvising the dialogue. The stuff they were saying came from a script. Written by writers. After the voices were recorded, the sound mix was edited, and then it was turned over to animation, who generally work from a precise dialogue breakdown of each individual sound to make the lip synch. Then sound and picture are combined in the final edit. All of which was scrutinized by the directors at every stage. So, it's a pretty safe bet they were almost always saying words that, you know, actually exist.

These cartoons are chock full of WAY too many real errors to go inventing new words.

How about the missing telephone sound effect (can't recall the specific episode)?

Or the missing explosion sound effect in Citizen Ghost?

Numerous instances of characters being colored wrong, so Ray becomes Winston or vice versa.

And the ever-popular misspelled words in the painted backgrounds because the animators were not native English speakers.

But this thread doesn't only have to be about errors.

How cool is it that Ray's Aunt Lois gets mentioned by name in Mr. Sandman long before she appears in the delightfully punny-titled 'Spirit of Aunt Lois'.

Alex
By Spengler02
Not considering what Alex just said, in episode 204 (Captain Steel Saves the Day) when Ray shows his hero-whatever card he signed his last name wrong.
I always wondered it if was a coincidence or if someone on the staff remembered it and reused it but:
In "Citizen Ghost", when the scene starts with Peter's interview there's the shot on the tape recorder. Near it is a robot figure and a purple dinosaur figure. The latter looks a lot like Lizardo from "Attack of the B-Movie Monsters" 5 years later.
"Citizen Ghost" grab
Lizardp

Heck, the robot toy could even be a Transmogrifier from "Kitty-Cornered"
"Kitty-Cornered" grab

In my head canon, Ray was playing with the two action figures on Peter's desk then Egon called out for him from the lab. Ray got excited and left them on the desk.
Bangoose wrote:Ever notice how it was never explained how the Stay Puff Marshmallow Man ended up in the containment unit despite being blown up by the GBs
Yes! I remember that bugging me as a teen.

Obviously, the episode Take Two is our out for any such discontinuities between film and cartoon, since it states that the movie is based on the lives of the cartoon characters but contains Hollywood-ized differences.

But I had a more involved explanation that the pseudo-Stay-Puft in the ECU was actually the conglomeration of the four spectral GB's from the episode Citizen Ghost.

Once they were entrapped together, leaving the old khaki flightsuits to fall to the ground empty, they no longer took the psychic imprint form of the GBs. But they had been in contact with those marshmallow-spattered suits for some time, and no doubt contained some residual traces of the Form of the Destructor.

They're not really Gozer, since they were made of the leaked PKE of many ghosts, but Stay-Puft still became their default form.

Sure, the logic doesn't all track clean, but it has some merit to it, and I was just a teenager when I thought of it.

Alex
Yeah, that bugged me for awhile, too, then I assumed Stay Puft's left over P.K.E. from the explosion manifested into a ghost form sometime between after the events of the movie and "Cry Uncle" and took on its own personality separate from Gozer then they trapped it much the same way they did at the end of "Cry Uncle" and as time went on, he became less evil and more jolly without Gozer's influence.
Peter Venkman Jr. liked this
Alex Newborn wrote:
Bangoose wrote:Ever notice how it was never explained how the Stay Puff Marshmallow Man ended up in the containment unit despite being blown up by the GBs
Yes! I remember that bugging me as a teen.

Obviously, the episode Take Two is our out for any such discontinuities between film and cartoon, since it states that the movie is based on the lives of the cartoon characters but contains Hollywood-ized differences.

But I had a more involved explanation that the pseudo-Stay-Puft in the ECU was actually the conglomeration of the four spectral GB's from the episode Citizen Ghost.

Once they were entrapped together, leaving the old khaki flightsuits to fall to the ground empty, they no longer took the psychic imprint form of the GBs. But they had been in contact with those marshmallow-spattered suits for some time, and no doubt contained some residual traces of the Form of the Destructor.

They're not really Gozer, since they were made of the leaked PKE of many ghosts, but Stay-Puft still became their default form.

Sure, the logic doesn't all track clean, but it has some merit to it, and I was just a teenager when I thought of it.

Alex
Awesome theory!!
mrmichaelt wrote:Yeah, that bugged me for awhile, too, then I assumed Stay Puft's left over P.K.E. from the explosion manifested into a ghost form sometime between after the events of the movie and "Cry Uncle" and took on its own personality separate from Gozer then they trapped it much the same way they did at the end of "Cry Uncle" and as time went on, he became less evil and more jolly without Gozer's influence.
Also a great Theory.

My thought was very similar to both of yours. I always figured that after they caught the Ghostly doppelgängers., now this was never shown due to the flashback ending after they decide to keep Slimer. I figured that the marshmallow residue some how crawled off the uniforms before they were destroyed. Just like the slime from Not Now Slimer. Then the slime just jest acted somewhere in the city until it became a fully formed Marshmallow Man and that is where the Events of The Real Ghostbusters Intro comes into play, where they capture Stay Puft and the horde of spirits in the opening. I can understand why people wouldn't consider the opening Canon, because it is just an opening. That is the closest thing I have to an explanation of how stay Puft wound up in the unit. :):):)
Mrmichaelt, thanks for jogging my memory. I somehow also tied the Stay-Puft theory into the opening (and the test footage, which I partially bagged off a cable airing onto VHS before the RGB series came out). I don't recall exactly, but I do remember using that image of a large SPMM being sucked into a trap when I would imagine the non-Gozer scenario.

After all, even Ray Stantz knew there was no way to trap Gozer. Watch for a very telling little detail in the movie right after Venkman says 'this chick is toast'... Ray sets down the ghost trap, knowing it will be of no purpose in this battle.

Alex

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]

Uniform Tips

Sorry for the triple post (you guys have gotten […]

Proton Props???

Ugly Little Spud, Did you actually get the pack?[…]