For the various Ghostbusters Cartoon series. Real Ghostbusters, Extreme Ghostbusters and more!
timeware wrote:Did anyone archive GB 2120? It would be a cool thing to compare concepts when the new series starts leaking images.
Troy might have something. I think it was him who reported a little on it around 2000.

It was going to be an all CG-animated show by Jay Young. Young did that Star Wars Monopoly game back in 1997. 2120 was just a concept that never got off the ground. But think Voltron: The Third Dimension or Transformers: Beast Wars.

Around the same time, Troy started his Crossrip show as a video news program. I think at the start, there were clips from the multiple things and one included I think a spec animation of a Ecto-1 hover car being chased by police hover cars or something.
EDIT: https://www.facebook.com/video/video.ph ... 8128209025

There was another show concept that never got made called Ghostbusters: Inner Demons it seems. Unless it was a fan show or obscure GB3 movie idea.
http://www.theraffon.net/~spookcentral/ ... l-crossrip
Looking forward to seeing how this turns out. Hope that is a hit and runs for a while, the last few years it seems like all the animated shows I like tend to crash and burn quickly (Apart from Star Wars: The Clone Wars, and the 2003 and 2012 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles series).
Some people might think of it as a failure as to how it was cancelled. Batman Beyond's animation still rocks.
The Justice League animated series would have gone on for a few more years if Cartoon Network hadn't messed with Toonami and replaced it with that moronic Bo Bo Bo whatever the hell that stupid anime was called. JLU actually expanded on Batman Beyond and Static Shock, which was another great series they screwed over.
Please by all that's holy don't give this cartoon to Cartoon Network.
mrmichaelt wrote:In addition to Batman Beyond and Legion of Superheroes -- those CG Transformers shows Beast Wars and Beast Machines came to my mind as well when I read the PR.
The Transformers examples are tricky, Beast Wars started in the far future, but then travelled to the prehistoric past, though it was well-regarded.

Beast Machines returned to the far future, but it wasn't as well received as 'Wars.
Kingpin wrote:The Transformers examples are tricky, Beast Wars started in the far future, but then travelled to the prehistoric past, though it was well-regarded.

Beast Machines returned to the far future, but it wasn't as well received as 'Wars.
True, but I cite these two because in what I think Ecto Force might be doing -- is you go far enough into the future of canon that you're 'safe' from wading into traveled waters and you can put your own stamp on the canon. In the Beast era, they'd all long upgraded from Autobots and Decepticons to Maximals and Predacons but yet, still showed a lot love for the old canon - going back in time was the tip of the iceberg. So in terms of Ecto Force, they're jumping 34 years into the future far removed from 'present day' that they can safely play with the idea of Ghostbusters that Aykroyd thought up in his original script and all these franchises are already established and using various pieces of advanced tech yet they can honor the classic canon - busting ghosts, the lore, the team camaraderie, etc. They've unchained themselves from the task of casting the classic characters so to speak. But there in lies the challenge of creating characters the audience will like and cheer on. Commissioner, turn on the Burnham-signal! :P

It's funny parents were worried about 'Wars' because 'Machines' got pretty dark comparatively from what I recall.
I do remember that it was kind of dark. You think that Megatron would have used G1 Optimus a tad more to trick Optimal into working directly for him. Would have been more interesting to have Megatron take over G1 Optimus. Although back then it might have been more difficult to render Optimus Prime. These were the first 3d cartoons after Reboot.
Were it not for the most recent Halifax adverts, when was the last time anyone heard a reference to the Flintstones? And then there's Johnny Quest, Gummi Bears or Darkwing Duck? I don't think a lack of contemporary references is naturally a clear sign a series was a failure.
Flintstones:

and Venture Bros. is pretty much the reincarnations of Johnny Quest.

As for Darkwing I would find very unlikely that Robot Chicken hasn't made a parody of it. I would be surprised if they hadn't.
It's kind of weird with that timing as DC just released a new Johnny Quest ongoing series (along with Wacky Racers and a new take on Scooby Doo) and will release a new Flintstones ongoing next month.

This stuff will never die. The Future Quest series is reintroducing a lot of Hanna Barbara's old heroes like Birdman, the Herculoids, and Space Ghost.

Hopefully Ghostbusters can do the same and just keep coming back again and again to be introduced to a new generation that keeps it going.
timeware wrote:Flintstones:

and Venture Bros. is pretty much the reincarnations of Johnny Quest.

(Gummi Bears video)
Fair point on the Family Guy reference, but Venture Bros doesn't count when we're talking about specific references to Johnny Quest, and I should've clarified that I was talking about Disney's Gummi Bears, not the candy.
Kingpin wrote:Were it not for the most recent Halifax adverts, when was the last time anyone heard a reference to the Flintstones? And then there's Johnny Quest, Gummi Bears or Darkwing Duck? I don't think a lack of contemporary references is naturally a clear sign a series was a failure.
Joe Books is currently publishing a Darkwing Duck comic; it's by most of the same creative team that made the Boom series (2010-2011) a surprise hit.
Kingpin wrote:and I should've clarified that I was talking about Disney's Gummi Bears, not the candy.
The cartoon which is also loosely based on the candy. I'm still watching for the Sour Patch Kids cartoon and the Mr. Pringle show...
Kingpin wrote:Were it not for the most recent Halifax adverts, when was the last time anyone heard a reference to the Flintstones? And then there's Johnny Quest, Gummi Bears or Darkwing Duck? I don't think a lack of contemporary references is naturally a clear sign a series was a failure.
Yeah but Flintstones was always popular as were the other shows you've mentioned.
By mrmichaelt
Amid the Ghostbusters 101 comic news, I noticed this bit in one article
http://comicbook.com/2016/12/21/the-ori ... dw-series/

"With an animated spinoff coming to Netflix soon and plans for more movies in development, Sony has marked the Ghostbusters franchise as one of its tentpoles, noting its potential for merchandising goes far beyond just the box office."

Not sure if they're mistaken or they're talking about Ecto Force.
By SSJmole
mrmichaelt wrote:Amid the Ghostbusters 101 comic news, I noticed this bit in one article
http://comicbook.com/2016/12/21/the-ori ... dw-series/

"With an animated spinoff coming to Netflix soon and plans for more movies in development, Sony has marked the Ghostbusters franchise as one of its tentpoles, noting its potential for merchandising goes far beyond just the box office."

Not sure if they're mistaken or they're talking about Ecto Force.

Nice!! Best part of that is Netflix. The reason is I'm in UK. And whenever a new USA show comes out , more so if a cartoon. There's no guarantee when we get it. Some are over a year others don't come but Netflix releases world wide at same time.
Terrazi Terrajin liked this
By Sayscalled
timeware wrote:Wasn't someone trying to push a Ghostbusters 2020 cartoon or something like that after EXGB? They had some pretty cool clips of a futuristic flying Ecto. If anyone ever saved some stuff from that it would be cool to see it posted again. I regrettably wasn't able to save anything while that site was up.
I'm looking forward to just having a fun cartoon. They should give the project to Dreamworks with how awesome Voltron turned out.
Ironically, Dreamworks owns the Filmation Ghostbusters property.
By Kingpin
timeware wrote:Wasn't someone trying to push a Ghostbusters 2020 cartoon or something like that after EXGB? They had some pretty cool clips of a futuristic flying Ecto.
It was a fan project which sadly didn't go any further than a handful of model/animation renders.

Based on how much I've been sucked in by Voltron: Legendary Defender, I'd love to see what the VLD team would do with a Ghostbusters property.
Alphagaia, zeta otaku liked this

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]

I love that. I actually think a better version of […]

Afterlife Ecto Goggles Build

Thank you for posting this information. This is a[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]