For the various Ghostbusters Cartoon series. Real Ghostbusters, Extreme Ghostbusters and more!
By Dustin T
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

I am recently getting back into older cartoons and my all-time favorite is RGB. I want the Firehouse collection by Time Life but I am trying not to spend a fortune on it. Amazon is one of the only places I can find it but I can only find it available now from third party sellers for almost $400. Amazon.com has it for much cheaper than anyone else but it is "temporarily out of stock". My question is has anyone purchased it recently directly from Amazon.com and if so then did they eventually get it. I have been on back order now for about 3 weeks. I Really want to relive my childhood and watch the best cartoon ever made! Sorry this is not really about the show itself but I really want this and I'm hoping to get it soon! Thank you for your help. :whatever::cool::blush::sigh:
Favorite Episode has always been Knock Knock BTW
Dustin T
By Kid Chameleon
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

You're too late for the Time Life set but this little guy will give you 50 episodes:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/DVD-Blu-ray/ ... usters+dvd

Knock Knock is also available on this:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Real-Ghostbust ... usters+dvd

The whole series is also available to stream on YouTube (at a cost).
By Dustin T

Have you tried recently to get the time life set from Amazon.com? I am dead set on having all the episodes. Plus I want those special features and DVD extras. It looks like I will have to bite the bullet and spend around $300- $400 on third party seller or Ebay.
By Kid Chameleon

Dustin T wrote:Have you tried recently to get the time life set from Amazon.com? I am dead set on having all the episodes. Plus I want those special features and DVD extras. It looks like I will have to bite the bullet and spend around $300- $400 on third party seller or Ebay.
No, I was fortunate enough to get mine about 6 years ago. My understanding is that there aren't any more being made so if you've got $400 to spend on a DVD set, I'd say go for it.
By philmorgan81
Yeah I know that it is a real bummer that the Timelife set is so expensive now, but I assure you if The Real Ghostbusters was your very favorite cartoon the Timelife box set is worth the $300 to $400 if you can spare it. You get the promo pilot, the complete series of The Real Ghostbusters as well as the Slimer shorts. Interviews with the Actors, Artists, and Writers. A whole lot of love went into the Timelife set and I can't recommend it enough. In my opinion, as much as I love the fact the cartoon series is available again with those new volumes that were released to coincide with the new film, The Timelife set is the way to go for the very best when it come to The Real Ghostbusters. I hope you find the Timelife set and get a real good deal. When you get it you will be happy you have it. :):):)
By ccv66
Amazon is great, but gets tricky when there selling something thats been discontinued for a few years... I already had every rgb episode downloaded when i bought the firehouse box set, and still thought it was money well spent. But $300-400 os hard to swallow. Id look on eBay for a used set. I see them under $200 now and then. Theres one now for $250 looks good. Theres cheaper one but it doesnt have metal cases. The best value is the Amazon for $30 considering the better shows were in first few years. You can buy sonys rgb volume 1-10 for about $85. Not bad compared to how much they want the firehouse set.. Wont get special features though
By Dustin T
Thank you for all the help! I am a first timer to any forum and this has been a great experience (except the news about the box set). If anyone has any more info it always appreciated, or if you want to tell me their experience with the Firehouse Set or what they like about the show I would enjoy to hear. I am going to wait until after the holidays to see if Amazon gets in through a miracle or something and then I will have to bite the bullet and go to Ebay or third party and spend some serious dough. I am getting this set!!! (no matter how pissed my girlfriend gets at me spending $300 on it lol). It is not looking good for the cheap price though.
By Kid Chameleon
My only complaint with the Time Life set is that I'm too scared to use it. Whenever I put one of the discs on, I always get a feeling of cold dread at the prospect of one of the episodes freezing up. I feel a lot more relaxed when I'm watching RGB on one of the budget Sony sets.
pferreira1983 liked this
By Dustin T
Yes I totally understand that. Especially with the fact that Time Life has discontinued them. I have no clue why they would stop making a set this good! Of course I am getting into the game a little late.
Kid Chameleon wrote: December 16th, 2016, 8:49 am My only complaint with the Time Life set is that I'm too scared to use it. Whenever I put one of the discs on, I always get a feeling of cold dread at the prospect of one of the episodes freezing up. I feel a lot more relaxed when I'm watching RGB on one of the budget Sony sets.
I feel the same way so I tend to watch digital copies instead!
I also bought some expensive cels from the original RGB promo a few years ago and displayed them in a frame, but I didnt use UV protection and the paint totally deteriorated in the light. That was devestating as they looked so cool.
By JaeP
Hello,

New on here. I was wondering how one would go about off loading a Real Ghostbusters Timelife box set?

I love the ghostbusters (got the logos tattooed on my elbows), but I’d like to sell my box set for a decent price.

It’s unopened, still in it’s original plastic.

Little help is much appreciated.

Cheers!
Jay
deadderek liked this
By mrmichaelt
JaeP wrote: May 14th, 2021, 4:02 pm Hello,

New on here. I was wondering how one would go about off loading a Real Ghostbusters Timelife box set?

I love the ghostbusters (got the logos tattooed on my elbows), but I’d like to sell my box set for a decent price.

Cheers!
Jay
Head to the "For Sale" section of the forum, Jay.
viewforum.php?f=31
By deadderek
JaeP wrote: May 14th, 2021, 4:02 pm Hello,

Cheers!
Jay
Hey PM me I'm potentially interested.
By Winston1986
I have the firehouse set that doesn't have all the episodes but personally I would have preferred getting the first 3 volumes. Since I don't like the show after Lorenzo Music was fired. But at the time there was no wayto get Volume 3.
    Proton Props UK

I've seen that too...... Maybe, I don't know? Fu[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]