For the various Ghostbusters Cartoon series. Real Ghostbusters, Extreme Ghostbusters and more!
We got Diamond Select figures of both the guys and their spectral versions. Those gorgeous statues that I just can't afford damn you sensible part of my brain for not letting it splerg on them. Spirit Halloween releasing RGB costumes. That RGB Ecto-1. I mean I ADORE RGB and think the first 3 seasons and even some episodes after the changes still really hold up today. It just seems like a lot of love being poured into RGB as of late. Perhaps trying to bring back good will between the fans who grew up with the GB franchise? Either way is there any chance we could see something come from this? Like if they were getting RGB in peoples minds to drop something like an animated movie or even better a videogame, I'd be ecstatic. Ever since the 2009 game I've wanted an RGB game that played the same. Maybe even let you free roam in the city and drive Ecto-1. Sure I doubt that but the influx of RGB stuff is surprising and very welcome.

Count how many times I used RGB and get a cookie.
I really hope so, but the sensible part of my brain is saying the series stayed dormant for too long. I mean... Real GB was as big as TMNT - yet whilst that show kept being resurrected, RGB has disappeared.

I would legit love a new series on Netflix or a videogame or something.

And thank goodness I overruled the sensible part of my brain haha! I'm even talking myself into buying that RGB Ecto-1 figure...
I certainly hope that the new Real Ghostbusters merchandise does lead to a video game or possibly a new animated series.
At least I would like Ghost Crops/ Sony to release The Real Ghostbusters on DVD again with all 140 episodes. It is stunning to me that Sony did such a poor job with one of their most popular properties. You would think that Sony would release the entire run of the show and not skip over various episodes. One route that would make me really happy would be a monthly comic book title from IDW. I have enjoyed seeing the RGB's both in the main series and in their own titles. I know that I would gladly pick up any new stories set in the RGB continuity.
Meanwhile Extreme Ghostbusters is over on the side saying "hey! Remember me? I was actually a really good show! Some even think I'm better than Real Ghostbusters(like that genius Richardless. Love that guy). I mean. I haven't even gotten a DVD release in North America. Please don't forget about me. Remember that time I teamed up with the original Ghostbusters? Good times. Anyways, before I run this joke into the ground(too late) I better say goodbye. Don't forget about me!"
I had a theory but I doubt I'm right. I'll try to explain best I can :

Sony is quick to cash in on the next big crazy. look at how many Spider-man movies they doing to cash in on MCU success , men in black international is basically a Requel as they call them i.e a sequel that's basically the same thing like star wars episode V

Right now nostalgia is huge Warner brothers is bringing back gremlins as a cartoon show , Disney just remade Aladdin and lion king. There's a new Rambo this year ect...

Old shows are been revised young justice is getting new episodes , possibly batman beyond. Veronica Mars is back , X-Files came back and more.

Sony is rethinking Ghostbusters I loved the 2016 one , but for whatever reason it underperformed. This made sony go back to the drawing board and try to save it.

Former projects seem on hold animated movie and animated show were both meant to be out by now. But due to the rethinking they are on hold.

Follow all of these together and it's not not unlikely that the animated series or movie could be reworked to cash in nostalgia and bring back the real Ghostbusters. Increasing its presence right now does make it seem likely. However it could be just the rethinking and so it's trying to restore the good memories of the franchise that's been tainted to alot.

I think the revised version or the movie based on it though is the most likely. It's nostalgic , it's super easy to do. , It has the original characters that people loved. But you don't need the big names like Bill Murray to make em. I mean "Netflix announcers a new version of of the real ghostbusters" is a headline I wouldn't be shocked to see. Most likely I see it been CGI though like this

https://youtu.be/RNA4E3AuGIk

As CGI remakes or spiritual successor would be really popular. Disney+ hbo one and more means everyone is trying to get big names and revivals of stuff they know get viewers. Netflix real Ghostbusters I'd great for all those involved

So yes that's my theory of what I see. I see a revival is remake highly likely right now.
If anything I'd say its just diversification of a product line.
Sony knows that there are only so many movie version inspired figures etc that people will buy, and theres only so much variety to be had with them.
With designs based on RGB, it basically opens up a whole slew of new merchandising opportunities for Sony and their Licensees.

They're essencially doing the exact same thing that Disney has done since taking over Marvel and Star Wars.
It's simply a profit increasing exercise, focussed on a nostalgic IP for people of a certain age group.

I wouldn't read too much into it.
SSJmole wrote: July 21st, 2019, 1:24 pm I had a theory but I doubt I'm right. I'll try to explain best I can :

Sony is quick to cash in on the next big crazy. look at how many Spider-man movies they doing to cash in on MCU success , men in black international is basically a Requel as they call them i.e a sequel that's basically the same thing like star wars episode V

Right now nostalgia is huge Warner brothers is bringing back gremlins as a cartoon show , Disney just remade Aladdin and lion king. There's a new Rambo this year ect...

Old shows are been revised young justice is getting new episodes , possibly batman beyond. Veronica Mars is back , X-Files came back and more.

Sony is rethinking Ghostbusters I loved the 2016 one , but for whatever reason it underperformed. This made sony go back to the drawing board and try to save it.

Former projects seem on hold animated movie and animated show were both meant to be out by now. But due to the rethinking they are on hold.

Follow all of these together and it's not not unlikely that the animated series or movie could be reworked to cash in nostalgia and bring back the real Ghostbusters. Increasing its presence right now does make it seem likely. However it could be just the rethinking and so it's trying to restore the good memories of the franchise that's been tainted to alot.

I think the revised version or the movie based on it though is the most likely. It's nostalgic , it's super easy to do. , It has the original characters that people loved. But you don't need the big names like Bill Murray to make em. I mean "Netflix announcers a new version of of the real ghostbusters" is a headline I wouldn't be shocked to see. Most likely I see it been CGI though like this

As CGI remakes or spiritual successor would be really popular. Disney+ hbo one and more means everyone is trying to get big names and revivals of stuff they know get viewers. Netflix real Ghostbusters I'd great for all those involved

So yes that's my theory of what I see. I see a revival is remake highly likely right now.
I'll make a prediction. First of all the Ecto Force show is deader than dead. The animated movie?

If Sony was smart, they would hire the guys that did the Lego movie and Spider-Man Into the Spider-verse(since I doubt they would hire me. Though that's their loss lol) and make a "The Real Ghostbusters Movie". Do it animated like Spider-Man and I think it would be HUGE. That's the ONLY way making an animated GB movie makes sense. Starting up a brand new franchise with new characters and new universe is a step in the WRONG direction. The failure of GB16 shows that.

Who here wouldn't get excited to see a new Real Ghostbusters adventure? Now...here's the thing.
If they do it as RGB I think we can kiss and continuity with Extreme Ghostbusters out the window. I just don't see that happening.

Still? "The Real Ghostbusters Movie" coming fall 2022. The more I think about it. The more it makes sense.

Have any details about the animated movie come out? Were they planning on new characters? Any writers attached? Directors?
When I was in line to get Maurice LaMarche and Dave Coulier's autographs at fan fest I felt like a little kid again.
I couldn't think on any questions on what to ask them so I told them both how I loved both RGB and EGB and I wished Extreme Ghostbusters did another season with Ray, Peter and Winston making more cameo's.

Maurice LaMarche said that they atleast had done a good amount of episodes of EGB done at the short time it was on and Dave Coulier said he thought maybe the time was right for something new with RGB if not a show maybe a special.
In absolutely no way did he mean it as they had something planned or in the works but he simple was saying that something new with RGB was something to be considered.

It's something that I do wish would happen and after seeing the new RGB costumes I feel like maybe it could happen but it probably won't.

Then again I didn't expect a any sequel
To the first movie to be made!
RedSpecial wrote: July 21st, 2019, 3:51 pm If anything I'd say its just diversification of a product line.
Sony knows that there are only so many movie version inspired figures etc that people will buy, and theres only so much variety to be had with them.
With designs based on RGB, it basically opens up a whole slew of new merchandising opportunities for Sony and their Licensees.

They're essencially doing the exact same thing that Disney has done since taking over Marvel and Star Wars.
It's simply a profit increasing exercise, focussed on a nostalgic IP for people of a certain age group.

I wouldn't read too much into it.
Good job Disney is doing this then https://cosmicbook.news/x-men-90s-anima ... -returning

RichardLess wrote: July 21st, 2019, 5:23 pm
SSJmole wrote: July 21st, 2019, 1:24 pm I had a theory but I doubt I'm right. I'll try to explain best I can :

I'll make a prediction. First of all the Ecto Force show is deader than dead. The animated movie?

If Sony was smart, they would hire the guys that did the Lego movie and Spider-Man Into the Spider-verse(since I doubt they would hire me. Though that's their loss lol) and make a "The Real Ghostbusters Movie". Do it animated like Spider-Man and I think it would be HUGE. That's the ONLY way making an animated GB movie makes sense. Starting up a brand new franchise with new characters and new universe is a step in the WRONG direction. The failure of GB16 shows that.

Who here wouldn't get excited to see a new Real Ghostbusters adventure? Now...here's the thing.
If they do it as RGB I think we can kiss and continuity with Extreme Ghostbusters out the window. I just don't see that happening.

Still? "The Real Ghostbusters Movie" coming fall 2022. The more I think about it. The more it makes sense.

Have any details about the animated movie come out? Were they planning on new characters? Any writers attached? Directors?
I made a thread on here asking viewtopic.php?f=37&t=45124 if still happening but I'm not sure what's happening with it now but I'm hoping it's linked to real or a big multi crossover like spuderverse with real extreme , movies (both orginals and atc) but that might be asking too much
To me it seems like a no-brainer to bring back RGB, now that the stars have realigned with current trends. The brilliant thing about animation is that you could easily do more episodes set in the late 80's or early 90's -- with the original (voice) actors -- which would simply be impossible with a live-action show. The 35th anniversary RGB comic was proof that there are still fresh ideas to be explored, and new writers are perfectly capable of recapturing the tone of the original cartoon. The suits are sitting on a goldmine, and they're fools if they don't light some dynamite.
We got new a new batman beyond half episode for the anniversary of batman. I'm up for new episodes if they can clean up the old animation cells and backgrounds while keeping the old hand drawn look. I'm not even opposed to new voice actors if they can sound close to the original cast.
I doubt its leading to anything but it would be awesome if it was.

I would love the Real Ghostbusters back in some form, even if it was just a one-off special. With He-man getting a new episode this year, Disney in talks to bring back the X-men cartoon of the early 90's, Warner bring back Animaniacs next year, Rockos Modern Life getting a new speical on Netflix and so many other shows returning in some form ( not just cartoons) i guess it isn't completely out of he realms of possibility.
ghoulishfright wrote: July 22nd, 2019, 4:58 pm To me it seems like a no-brainer to bring back RGB, now that the stars have realigned with current trends. The brilliant thing about animation is that you could easily do more episodes set in the late 80's or early 90's -- with the original (voice) actors -- which would simply be impossible with a live-action show. The 35th anniversary RGB comic was proof that there are still fresh ideas to be explored, and new writers are perfectly capable of recapturing the tone of the original cartoon. The suits are sitting on a goldmine, and they're fools if they don't light some dynamite.
I'd be all over this as long as they got all the original folks back, brought back the real Janine and not the ABC mandated one, and kept Slimer as the pet that can barely form words. Keep the great writing, spooks, everything the original seasons had. I'm sad Lorenzo Music can't reprise the role if anything ever came of it. I disliked Coulier at first but it wasn't his fault. He did what he was paid to do. He got a little more into the role as time went on and even if he never matched Lorenzo he wasn't bad. Not sure if I'd want them to try and find a sound alike of Lorenzo, or just stick with Coulier. Probably Coulier because unless the sound alike was REALLY good it'd not be worth it and possibly insulting to some folks. (Not that I would be, just a possible outcome.)

Oh also don't let the suits or ABC anywhere near it. That shit ruined the originals.
Actually, if we were to get a revamp of RGB, I'd be inclined to look for some new vocal talent. People's voices change throughout their lives, and even Maurice LaMarche's Egon sounded notable different between The Real Ghostbusters and Extreme Ghostbusters. On top of that, acquiring a new vocal cast would give the relaunch of RGB longevity, as the chances of more of the original vocal actors passing away grows more likely.

I wish it weren't the case, but it's something we have to keep in mind. There naturally would be an opportunity to have the original voice cast appear in the form of cameos.
SSJmole liked this
I'd prefer the original cast myself but if they sound to old like Darth Vader it might be worth considering a change of venue. But another possibility comes to mind, they could redo a few seconds of RGB just for a scene in gb20. A flashback scene of a Young Rudd watching the cartoon being inspired to become a Ghostbuster. Then it switches to a news clip of the og's holding up smoking traps or something like that.
SSJmole, deadderek liked this
timeware wrote: July 23rd, 2019, 1:51 am I'd prefer the original cast myself but if they sound to old like Darth Vader it might be worth considering a change of venue. But another possibility comes to mind, they could redo a few seconds of RGB just for a scene in gb20. A flashback scene of a Young Rudd watching the cartoon being inspired to become a Ghostbuster. Then it switches to a news clip of the og's holding up smoking traps or something like that.

I thought Vader in recent stuff like rogue one sounded fine. As mufasa too in new lion king
Last edited by Kingpin on July 23rd, 2019, 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Fixed quote code
deadderek liked this
timeware wrote: July 22nd, 2019, 9:01 pm We got new a new batman beyond half episode for the anniversary of batman. I'm up for new episodes if they can clean up the old animation cells and backgrounds while keeping the old hand drawn look. I'm not even opposed to new voice actors if they can sound close to the original cast.
Did you hear what happened with the blu ray release of Batman Beyond?

The upcoming blu ray release includes all 52 episodes. But 11 of the 52 episode film masters have been damaged and/or lost. So only 41 episodes are getting an actual remaster. Those 11 episodes are going thru a different process I don't really understand, which will make them look better than the DVD but will be of lesser HD quality than the other 41 remastered episodes.

Apparently what happened on Batman Beyond is only the first 26 episodes used traditional ink & paint production process. Then they switched to all digital and it seems the episodes where that switch first occurred in S2 is where the problems are. And it sucks because there are some GREAT episodes included in those 11 including my favourite: April Moon.

Kind of a bummer.

However: new voice actors? No one replaces Kevin Conroy. No one. That dude IS Batman/Bruce Wayne lol
deadderek liked this
I can't say I'd see them bringing back RGB on an episode by episode basis but I can say I would absolutely love an RGB direct to Digital/Disc/etc movie.

It was only a couple years ago Adam West (RIP) reprised the role of Batman...that he first started in the 60s. So around 50 years later he came back...so yeah I have hopes RGB could pull it off. :)
I think they should at least have a special featuring as many of the original voice actors reprising their roles.

A lot of voice actors have to worry about studios cutting back and finding cheaper talent when regular actors can simply hold out for more money.

I really don't know if everyone would do another series but they seem open to a special/movie and if it does well then they can do a new show and if they pass it feels like a them passing the torch of their roles to a new group of talented voice actors.

To me they're just a part of the Ghostbusters franchise as Ernie Hudson is so I hope Sony consults with them and doesn't ignore them looking for a new cast.
Glenn Frederick wrote: July 23rd, 2019, 7:35 am I think they should at least have a special featuring as many of the original voice actors reprising their roles.

A lot of voice actors have to worry about studios cutting back and finding cheaper talent when regular actors can simply hold out for more money.

I really don't know if everyone would do another series but they seem open to a special/movie and if it does well then they can do a new show and if they pass it feels like a them passing the torch of their roles to a new group of talented voice actors.

To me they're just a part of the Ghostbusters franchise as Ernie Hudson is so I hope Sony consults with them and doesn't ignore them looking for a new cast.
New movie by Sony and DreamWorks 3d animation

Then a 2d animated Netflix exclusive series "real Ghostbusters : busting makes me feel good" a 2d cartoon based on the movie that was based on the cartoon!
SSJmole wrote: July 23rd, 2019, 8:08 am
Glenn Frederick wrote: July 23rd, 2019, 7:35 am I think they should at least have a special featuring as many of the original voice actors reprising their roles.

Then a 2d animated Netflix exclusive series "real Ghostbusters : busting makes me feel good" a 2d cartoon based on the movie that was based on the cartoon!
Sony has it's own animation company so they'd keep it in house. They just won their first Oscar for Spider-Man Into the Spiderverse(which was a thing of beauty). But they also do less than stellar fare like the Emoji Movie & Hotel Transylvania.
RichardLess wrote: July 23rd, 2019, 8:52 am
SSJmole wrote: July 23rd, 2019, 8:08 am

Sony has it's own animation company so they'd keep it in house. They just won their first Oscar for Spider-Man Into the Spiderverse(which was a thing of beauty). But they also do less than stellar fare like the Emoji Movie & Hotel Transylvania.
They do. I was just mocking most DreamWorks movies even Peabody and Sherman get Netflix tie in shows so that one is a show based on a movie based on a show

I loved spiderverse movie. Arthur Christmas , (weirdly it has both Goosebumps movies listed and smurfs movies I like those too it those are live action) and I liked hotel Transylvania and The Angry Birds Movie

Emoji is a guilty pleasure at best lol but yes it does

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]

Uniform Tips

Sorry for the triple post (you guys have gotten […]

Proton Props???

Ugly Little Spud, Did you actually get the pack?[…]