Have a guide or tutorial? Post it up!
By Rvonvolen
I'm working on my first pack right now, which will have a gb2 ribbon cable. My next build however will be much more accurate and have a gb1 cable, however I want to be able to make my own gb1 cable. Does anyone have any ideas on how to make a jig for it or any other way to make it?
By Kingpin
That's really not like asking if there's a DIY way to make a CPU. I'd be inclined to agree if the ribbon cable was being designed to be a functional element, but in the last 5-10 years some fans have been especially industrious when it comes to assembling ribbon cable replicas.

Sadly this is only a teaser video, the actual DIY video has yet to be uploaded... But this should give you a bit of an idea how to do a jig:

Though worst comes to worst, you could always buy one from Fincher Technologies.
NotSabbat, RedSpecial liked this
By Rvonvolen
Kingpin wrote: February 8th, 2021, 6:18 am That's really not like asking if there's a DIY way to make a CPU. I'd be inclined to agree if the ribbon cable was being designed to be a functional element, but in the last 5-10 years some fans have been especially industrious when it comes to assembling ribbon cable replicas.

Sadly this is only a teaser video, the actual DIY video has yet to be uploaded... But this should give you a bit of an idea how to do a jig:

Though worst comes to worst, you could always buy one from Fincher Technologies.
Thanks kingpin, I actually scored one for thirty dollars on etsy. I count that to be a lucky find because I've seen them go up as far as 90 dollars. Its actually a pretty good quality cable.
Kingpin liked this

Most people getting vaccimes by the end of May do[…]

Garrick Backer knowonesdesigns@gmail.com https:/[…]

Unfortunately I didn’t come across this th[…]

I think they just sold out of the rest of their on[…]