Have a guide or tutorial? Post it up!
I have a 12v 6800 mAh super battery, crix sound kit, r2devo v8 light kit and the 7w amp recommended in the beg of the thread. How do I use the single battery to power both the light and the sound kit? I'm lost
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Help? Pweeeeease!!!!!!!
You'll still need 2AAs to power the sound chip itself but the amp and the light kits will be powered by wiring them in parallel to the battery.

I personally recommend having a switch that turns the amp on/off by itself. That can save you a TON of battery life if you're walking around a con or something.

Everything else is covered pretty well in the beginning of this thread but you can give me a buzz over the weekend if you get stuck.
Ok kool Vince thanks. I figured it would be parallel but didn't want to start splicing before I confirmed. I'm going to put a Jill switch on the amp like you advised so I can run just lights at the con and do sound every now and again. Thanks buddy, really appreciate the help!
Vincenzo330 wrote:You'll still need 2AAs to power the sound chip itself but the amp and the light kits will be powered by wiring them in parallel to the battery.
Does anyone have a picture of the light kit and amp being wired in parallel?
Is there anyway to play 2 sounds at once? For instance have the gun fire while the pack is still playing the hum. Or con you only activate one at at a time? Also, is it possible to send the gun sounds to one set of speakers and the pack sounds to another, or will all speakers need to be hooked up to the same output?
Letmebleed75 wrote:I have a 12v 6800 mAh super battery, crix sound kit, r2devo v8 light kit and the 7w amp recommended in the beg of the thread. How do I use the single battery to power both the light and the sound kit? I'm lost
You can get a voltage transformer to lower the 12v incoming to 3v output for the sound board. That will allow you to use one battery.
Rabbit wrote:i have what might be a super dumb question. I have a gbfans sound board, and both lighting boards, how can i rewire the blue brick to power all 3 boards?
Just hook your battery up to the POS and GND terminals on your soundboard. This will power everything. I have the whole GBFans kit too
Venkman's Swagger wrote:
Rabbit wrote:i have what might be a super dumb question. I have a gbfans sound board, and both lighting boards, how can i rewire the blue brick to power all 3 boards?
Just hook your battery up to the POS and GND terminals on your soundboard. This will power everything. I have the whole GBFans kit too
I was a little confused when I 1st got the gbfans boards too, but the last poster is right , the wand and pack lights receive power through he ribbon cables so no other power connections are required except the battery to one of the sets of terminals on the sound board, doesn't matter which one. they're all in parallel
jimfin wrote: I was a little confused when I 1st got the gbfans boards too, but the last poster is right , the wand and pack lights receive power through he ribbon cables so no other power connections are required except the battery to one of the sets of terminals on the sound board, doesn't matter which one. they're all in parallel
So essentially just what the documentation says to do. as silly as it sounds, a big part of me is really apprehensive about slicing open the male side of the blue brick connector and wiring it into the board. i just don't want to screw it up. Also if i wanted to mount a switch on the bottom of my motherboard how big of a switch should i get?
Rabbit wrote:
jimfin wrote: I was a little confused when I 1st got the gbfans boards too, but the last poster is right , the wand and pack lights receive power through he ribbon cables so no other power connections are required except the battery to one of the sets of terminals on the sound board, doesn't matter which one. they're all in parallel
So essentially just what the documentation says to do. as silly as it sounds, a big part of me is really apprehensive about slicing open the male side of the blue brick connector and wiring it into the board. i just don't want to screw it up. Also if i wanted to mount a switch on the bottom of my motherboard how big of a switch should i get?
You can buy the connectors from radio shack (labeled size M) to make a pigtail to connect to the battery connector on the blue brick. a lot safer than cutting the battery wires, you have to be very careful of shorting hr battery wires

RS also sells the small toggle switches to kill the power

I modify all my blue bricks by removing the switch and led and wiring the charge and output with wires to reach a "spengler plate"

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]