Have a guide or tutorial? Post it up!
By Sledge
robwerden wrote:
Sledge wrote:I thought I would add..... for those wanting to use one battery source...
I went with this method as it just kept it simple.
I got 2 12v universal power adapters set on to run 9v the other to run 4.5v
this way I run everything off one Li-ion battery, and they are on a REGULATED power.
I just hard wired them onto my wiring harness and trimmed the plastic tip down just a bit.
got mine for like $10 for both of them shipped. this is how they look when you get them I will post a pic of them mounted once I get a pic of them.
Please be aware voltage regulators can spike higher than rated and could damage the sound module.
Rob
ok can you suggest a way to use 1 battery without burning the chip? I would like to eliminated having a second battery from the equation.
By aceblackbelt
I know rob posted in earlier threads about two speaker set up, but I bought two of the speakers he had origianally suggested. Is one loud enough? They are 8 ohm speakers but wired correctly they could be 4 ohms which is what the website says is the output power int the 7w amp. I just wann make sure im understanding it all before I wire up...
By TK-194
Guys,

I recorded a humble video review from Robert / Replica Props work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cF_BzWbiww8

Hope the video helps who is considering to order this sound kit.

And video's feedbacks are very welcomed! Robert alredy sent me his, by email. :)
By xtrmn8r17
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

aceblackbelt wrote:I know rob posted in earlier threads about two speaker set up, but I bought two of the speakers he had origianally suggested. Is one loud enough? They are 8 ohm speakers but wired correctly they could be 4 ohms which is what the website says is the output power int the 7w amp. I just wann make sure im understanding it all before I wire up...
I used two 8 ohm speakers, i felt 1 wasn't enough
aceblackbelt wrote:Here's the battery I bought off ebay. Hope it does the trick!

http://cgi.ebay.com/DC-12V-1800mAh-Supe ... dZViewItem

Only $9.50 and free shipping!
I had a battery like that too, but it died after a few uses. It just refused to hold a charge or work in general. Hopefully you dont get the same problem i did when i got it.

Right now im using 2 of these, 1 for each of my packs.... http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_from=R40&_ ... 20b735d56c

It lasts hours apon hours. Last year I used it at comicon in july with my lights and amp on all day playing sound fx n music. I used it time after time up until an event around Oct when it finally died.
By aceblackbelt
I knew it was too good to be true for that battery... ill get the one you suggested I've seen alot of packs with the blue battery pack. Maybe ill use the one I bought for a back up.... thanks for the input!
By xtrmn8r17
if u do get that battery tho, it takes like 14 business to get it. I remember mine took forever, but it eventually shows up and i think it was well worth the wait
By Zaid
Just a quick question since I'am at the sound and light stage of my pack. Ive been reading the thread and and was wondering. I am trying to make heads or tails if the 2, 6ohm speakers I found lying around were any good to use?

Zaid
By robwerden
If you are using an amp then you have to check what the ohms requirement is. The Sound module requires 8ohms. So when you wire the speakers together depending on how you do it you will either be at 3 ohm or 12 ohm and neither will be good for the module or the amp. Suggest you get a speaker that is the proper rating so that you don't stress the amp or the module.
By Zaid
Thanks for the reply and info, I'am probably gonna go and buy the ones suggested in the beginning of the thread then. I dont want to burn out the amp and module.
By XxEctOxX
about to do this set up for 3 packs. i have done this before and why i say i, i mean my gf lol and its a great set up. thanks rob and matt
By kevinj319
I am wondering if using CAT5 cable from the sound board to each of the buttons/switches would work for this setup. CAT5 is 24 gauge, I believe. Is that too thin?

I have a ton of CAT5 lying around, it comes in a bundle of 8 wires, and they're already color-coded. Seems like a good solution provided the gauge isn't a problem.
By John Moody
question for you all. I have the replica props sound board, wired up by following this guide, and i have some kind of interference on the speakers, but all the sounds are correct. Could the sound chip be messed up or is it more likely that my speakers blew? I bought the speakers that are on this forum as well.
thanks for any info guys and gals
John M.

update
I used some different speakers and even took the amp off and just used the bread board and chip. it still does the static feedback. its like a popping sound during the music. any help? i just bought the sound chip from replica props on monday and it got here today and i have been absolutely careful about static and not damaging it and it is still doing this....this is the second r.props chip i have had too....just bad luck maybe?
By Mike Witt
does anyone know where to get a good (easy to push down, no hard to click down ones, and a black cap) DPDT pushbutton switch? i got one from mcburkits link and i dont like it. its really hard to push down and makes a loud clicking sound.
By Charnel
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

mburkit wrote:When I was using that brick battery, it worked fine for me. I had it on my pack for a few months and never had an issue. The reason I changed it to something else was because of how big and heavy it was.

I currently am using one of these:

They are designed to work as back up power supplies for digital cameras and stuff like that. It's about the size of a deck of cards. The down side is it doesn't last as long as the brick battery but its lighter(5 hours vs. 10 hours), easier to hide, and works great!

All you have to do is go to Ebay, and search "12v Super Battery".

So if you are looking for an alternative, check those out, the one I've had for a while works great.
Did you cut the plug off the end and use the bare wire or find a plug to use with it? I want to wire it up, but not sure what to do about that.
By parksdesign

Charnel wrote:
mburkit wrote:When I was using that brick battery, it worked fine for me. I had it on my pack for a few months and never had an issue. The reason I changed it to something else was because of how big and heavy it was.

I currently am using one of these:

They are designed to work as back up power supplies for digital cameras and stuff like that. It's about the size of a deck of cards. The down side is it doesn't last as long as the brick battery but its lighter(5 hours vs. 10 hours), easier to hide, and works great!

All you have to do is go to Ebay, and search "12v Super Battery".

So if you are looking for an alternative, check those out, the one I've had for a while works great.
Did you cut the plug off the end and use the bare wire or find a plug to use with it? I want to wire it up, but not sure what to do about that.
you can find the matching plug on http://allelectronics.com
By parksdesign
mburkit wrote:I personally cut the one plug off and wired it up to a kill switch and the rest of my electronics. Just make sure you cut the correct plug off because the other one is for charging the battery.

I did the same, I just like to be able to unplug and remove the battery if the need arises.
By Charnel
parksdesign wrote: you can find the matching plug on http://allelectronics.com
Thanks. Looks like this one should work.
mburkit wrote:I personally cut the one plug off and wired it up to a kill switch and the rest of my electronics. Just make sure you cut the correct plug off because the other one is for charging the battery.
I was gonna cut it, but the battery I got actually has a switch right on it so don't have to wire my own in, just hook it up.
By movieprop
Charnel wrote:
parksdesign wrote: you can find the matching plug on http://allelectronics.com
Thanks. Looks like this one should work.
I was gonna cut it, but the battery I got actually has a switch right on it so don't have to wire my own in, just hook it up.
If you have a Radio Shack or other electronics store near you this is a similar option:
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index ... Id=2102490
By BSjohnson
robwerden wrote:In order to stop the song from playing another sound needs to play. The best way to do it is to run it to a dpdt and put the second throw on a different sound. You could put it on one of the alternate shut down or on sounds. If that bothers you and you want the song to stop playing when the switch is released, then send me back the chip and Ill reprogram the song to stop playing when the switch is released. That what you dont have to activate another sound, you just flip the switch off.

To answer your question about using 2 speakers here is an answer from another post I made.

Since the requirement is 8ohm you need to look at the chart

If you wire 2 8ohm speakers in Series you end up with 16ohm
If you wire 2 8ohm speakers in parallel you end up with 4ohm

So using 2 speakers with the sound module you either want to
1. wire 2 4ohm speakers in series to get to 8ohm
or
2. wire 2 16ohm speakers in parallel to get to 8ohm

here is a good read on this subject http://www.aqdi.com/speakerz.htm
Got a question about wiring two speakers together like this. Say I've got two 4 ohm speakers that I'd like to wire up in series to get 8 ohms ... the question is this: They're different models from different manufactures and are different sizes with different wattage. Is that going to be a problem? Is the ohm rating all that needs to be addressed, or will I need to do something extra to get the two speakers to work together?
By BSjohnson
Good to know. Just wanted to check before I dove right into adding a second speaker. :)
By 3V1L
Can someone please explain to me why it is recomended to use a 7 Watt amp with 4 ohms of output, with an 8 ohm speaker? When I preented this to my local car stereo shop installer, he looked at the specs for both the speaker and the amp and said that if I assemble it this way, the speaker will get a lot of clipping due to too muich power. I am only planning on using one speaker in my pack setup due to space restrictions. My electronics guy recomended that I go and find a 4 ohm speaker to match the 4 ohm amp. Is this correct? Any help is great!

3V1L
By jackdoud
3V1L wrote:Can someone please explain to me why it is recomended to use a 7 Watt amp with 4 ohms of output, with an 8 ohm speaker?
Because the sound chip requires 8ohm speakers and because when you put 2 8ohm speakers in parallel they have a 4ohm resistance. The car audio guys were bullshitting you and didn't really look at what you showed them.

Besides, Matt's system sounds great:

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]