Have a guide or tutorial? Post it up!
ok to start. I rescued this chip from the trash, when i friend of mine accidently stepped on his chip. so thats why its a little frankenstien, but it works.

Notice the position of the chip one row of pins on one side of the breadboard, the other on the other side of the seam. The seam splits the rows.

As you can see the little orange and yellow wires are my jumpers. I had some premade ones from my electronic club days. but you can make your own with some solid core wire! not the twisted wire. The orange on the right go to the positive column of holes! As you can see from the yellow wires, They go from the Negative column across the gap. And tie into the last pin on the left. Thus completing the circuit. I chose to come from the right. but you can flip i did, but it would be a little more complicated if your not used to working with a bread board.

ok here is a mock up of what your going to do. I am not ready to install this yet and wanted to get back to you as soon as could.

First on top, you can notice my battery pack wires going into the + and - columns. That provides power for every hole in that column.

Second. Look on the left. Notice the two wires going into the breadboard. Those are your audio out on your chip. They are tied into the chip by the board. Easiest way for me to explain. in the middle of the board. Power is shared in each row. on the sides power is shared in the column. So i put the positive wire going to the amp in the same row as the pin on the chip
that is the positive out. pin 9. And then for the audio negitive wire. I place that a row down for the #10 pin on the chip.

Third. look on the right. See the black wire going to pin 19? that would be your positive wire going to your toggle switch for the power on sound. Now look down. Notice the other black wire. That will be your Negative wire on your toggle or the wire coming form the middle pin on your switch.

ok lets take a quick look at the amp.
Most of it is self explanatory for speaker and the power. However here is what i mean for the win pin. Notice on the amp there is a wire on the pin next to the potentiometer (volume control) that is your negative coming from the breadboard. Then there is a positive pin next to it. Dont use that. instead go left to were the other wire is shown. it should be labed WIN on the board its self. That is where your positive wire from your breadboard gets soldered to.

I hope that explains it. just let me know if you need any more help. big thing to remember is not to use your 12v power on your chip and everything else should work out fine.
Ok, so using 3 AAA batteries should be safe to use? That really helps. I'll get started on it this weekend, see how things go. I can buy a box of random sized jumpers from radio shack too. If I need help, ill be back on here....if not...you'll be seeing a video of my sound kit in action somewhere on these forums.

Sent from my Dancing toaster full of positively charged slime
yes 3 AAA batteries equals4.5 volts
Sadly, I just had an "AHA!" moment....where it was just all so simple. I'm staring at the parts...staring at the pictures...and just ready to flip the table and quit....when it all just made sense. So I think I got the right idea, just need some AAA batteries. lol. So, I'm trying to understand, the AAA batteries should be able to power the AMP and the board? That's where everything can draw it's power from? I'll have the lights still rigged up to a 9V battery inside the thrower, that shouldn't cause a problem, right? The thrower lights and pack lights will run off of a 9V, and the sound kit will have it's own power button I'll rig when I'm ready to roll so I don't eat all the power before I get started.
I intend to keep the two power supplies if that shouldn't cause a problem...which I hope it doesn't.
Thanks for the assistance...I just finished the tedious task of running the extra cables for each switch....bleh.
The Chip gets the AAA batteries, and the Amp should get 12vs
First off, I'd like to thank everyone for their help. Especially Belldandy for making the idiots guide for an idiot making a sound kit work. Second, I got all of it working to what I want it to do, but I have the option to make it hum. How can I make it hum everytime it gets turned on after playing the startup sound, and continue to play after firing? Is there a possibility without actually flipping another switch? I have one left over empty switch and I might use that one for the theme song.... Still also debating about the GB Fans chip, whether or not I'll switch out sound setup from my pack to use that board, or just make a new pack and save it for that.
How the hell can I get my sound chip to be as loud as my IPOD when its going??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhuNA_Kh ... e=youtu.be

my regular sounds are like pathetic compared to the Ipod blasting music through these speakers...

is it because the Ipod has a built in AMP along with the 7WATT AMP inside?
noslliT wrote:Is the volume on the board all the way up?

Absolutley.. when you say "volume on the board" you are talking about the volume on the AMP right? the little thumb aduster on that 7watt amp is fully cranked..... unless there is some random volume on the actual sound board that I missed while assembling this thing

and I should mention that I am running a Crix sound chip within a proptronix sound adapter...
I mounted my speakers on the motherboard facing my back with sound holes drilled into it...

im still going crazy over why my sound effects are so low compared to my Ipod's music blasting..

is it because I am sharing the power for the sound chip with my lights? ??(6C cell batteries)

Shoud I have 3 seperate power sources? 1 for the amp, one for the lights and some seperate AAA holder for the sound chip????

would supplying less power to the sound chip make it produce a softer sound??? I am sooo stumped by this and I want to have it sorted out before halloween even if that means opening my pack up again which I vowed not to do once I had everything squared away last year hahah

My Ipod is SOOO Loud compared to the sounds of the pack there is no way anyone would even know my pack makes sounds
belldandy4087 liked this
I have searched high and low and can't find a mini 3pdt push button mini ANYWHERE ! All I can manage to find is the bigger chrome foot pedals used for music. I did notice a website on one of the first couple pages for this A1 place ,but it doesn't have it on there anymore (that I can see). Can some please help me locate one ? Please?!
JUST WONDERING : Does anyone have the gbfans pack blaster sound board? I do. Does anyone notice how the theme song seems to be of playback at high speed? Is this just how the board is set up from the beginning? Or is there anything that can be done to correct this?
Thanks for any and all replies.
R2DEVO discovered the perfect switches and I keep meaning to see if anyone is interested in doing a group buy. I personally am WAY too busy to ship out 100 switches to 100 different people but basically if you try to buy these in low quantities they're like $11-15 each whereas in bulk they're around $3 each.

They're made by C&K components and they're a perfect size (they even fit inside Trigger boxes without struggling) and have a very nice feel when you push the button (unlike the stuff everyone is getting from Allied Electronics)

The switch itself is an - 8221SHZGE

And the correct cap for it is - 801802000

If someone wants to spearhead this (someone who meets the seller requirements) it would be awesome.
I figure I'll post this here, as well as in my thread on the proton pack forums. I tried to follow the DIY soundboard set up thread that Mburkit put up but ran into a few things that were different. I am using a Crix soundchip with a Proptronix sound adapter. It is said that you should not use more than 2 AA batteries with Crix's soundboard, but Proptronix says you can supply power to his sound adapter from his light set up (which I am running off of a 9v battery in the gun). As you can see from the pics below, I run a 24 gauge wire from the inside of the gun into the soundboard (the wire which proptronix provided). I then run another piece of 24 gauge wire from the powercell into the sound adapter to power the powercell. I then run another piece of 24 gauge wire from the sound adapter (red and black only) into the amp (black to G and red to WIN). I then run a speaker into my amp ( - to -, + to +) and finally, I attach the 12v battery pack to the amp (black to -, red to +). All I get is static pulsing to the beat of the cyclotron lights. What am I doing wrong? Any and all help is appreciated.

" then run another piece of 24 gauge wire from the powercell into the sound adapter to power the powercell"

I have to look at the pictures I took inside of my pack but this sounds like a red flag . You should be powering the pack lights(thrower/cyclotron/powercell) from the original power source and not through or from sound adapter. Splice the +/- wires from the batteries running to your powercell/cyclotron and send some power straight to the sound adapter.

If I remember correctly my light kit and sound adapter are powered from the same set of six(6) C batteries(confirmed).. I did splice and separate the wires straight from the battery holder to make sure that they were getting their own set of power. Running power through your sound adapter to power parts of your pack sounds like the first problem here. I hope others can chime in behind me on this one.

I actually played around with this whole sound thing until I pulled out all my hair. After connecting and testing everything hundreds of times, my sounds never reached audible levels enough to hear in the street (even with the amp cranked to full on the potimeter). Through my frustration and being so pissed off I almost gave up, I ended up running my pack lights and sound chip from the 6 C batteries(as I did before)... but I eventually ripped out the amp and heavy ass speakers out for 2(two) cheap speakers from radio shack that had a built in AMP and I was fine ..

As long as you followed the "Wire Diagram" you should be fine.. but there is almost always something that F***s the entire thing up.
I try to understand how the boards inside the shell can be fixed to the motherboard and safe from short circuit.

What is the best solution to fix my GBFans Amplified sound board, my cyclotron light kit from GBFans and gun light kit from Jupiter to the motherboard? I know that we can stick a piece of wood to the motherboard and then screw the board on the wood. That is one of the possibilities.

If you have one, then I will be pleased.

I don't quite understand the example above. How the electronic board is fixed to the brown board? No screws in there.

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]