Post pictures up of your Props, or a link to your prop gallery on Ghostbusters Fans.
Hey folks! Hope everyone is well. Just wanted to share a few pics of a saw I converted to an Evil Dead 2 "Cabin" style saw, The saw changes a bit throughout the film but I chose my favorite version to do. I wanted to get it finished in time for Denver Comic Con last summer (14). I will admit I did cheat and bought a few parts from Rob, the gentleman who runs EvilDeadChainsaws.com. He really is an awesome dude and his parts are VERY high quality. From him I purchased the resin side grill, the red lid piece, the wrist cuff and molded engine block piece. The other parts of the saw including the handles I did myself. It's an original Homelite of course just chopped and screwed. Unfortunately I have no workshop and do all my work in my apartment so it's usually a challenge haha.

Original saw parts along with Robs parts:

I really should have taken more pictures but here are a few for proof if nothing else hahaha.

Before paint:

I really should have shot a few pics after the oiling but before the blood. Here's before it got signed:

And the autograph :)
I just wanted to let you know this thread has inspired me to build my own and I just purchased a Homelite XL off eBay. I was just wondering if you had to keep any of the real engine parts or is the saw emptied completely? I know they sell a fake engine plate on evildeadchainsaws.com, it that what you used? Thanks, and again it looks amazing. Hope mine turns out that good.
SpenglerTrance liked this
Oh thank you sir! I'm flattered! Well, there are a few parts you'll want to keep. You can do it any way you like but I recommend keeping the two tanks, (oil and gas) and chop the tops off so you slide em back in the groove easy. I did use the engine plate, it hooks in with the chain and guide bar and looks like there's still an engine in it. Keep the sprocket, guide bar, chain and guide bar plates. Also keep the muffler. Glad you decided to take it on, it's a fun project. Rob is a good guy. His stuff is expensive but worth it. Any other questions just ask. :)

EDIT: I see your second post, it did fit just fine. He's charging too much for those. Used ones are real cheap on eBay.

Sorry, edit 2: Keep the power switch and housing bolts as well. You can drill a hole into the lid and glue the switch on.
Thank you very much for that. It's really all in the blood. I went around it with watered down flat black spray paint and added oil in parts you'd expect it to build up and then it was basically covered by all the blood. The blood is actually wood stain. Red mahogany 225. It dries dark and really sells the look. I recommend it. I believe it's the same stuff Nick's saw Mart uses or at least it was when he first started out.

I've heard of people using sand and saw dust for a grainy look but I did not use it in this application.
    Proton Props UK

Considering David orders most of the parts he do[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]