Post pictures up of your Props, or a link to your prop gallery on Ghostbusters Fans.
By venkman69
Hi all!
Just starting my first pack build and thought I'd post some pictures up.
This is going to be taking me some time as my wife and I have just had our first child (Elwood) 8 mths ago, so doing this as and when I find a spare 5mins! I'm also a teacher so time is always at a premium!
I'm using a Benofkent kit and getting parts as and where I find them.
Ben is super helpful with everything and anything. And above all, he is a top bloke! Nothing is too much trouble.
So I've started fitting bits over the last few months and this is currently where I'm at.
Thanks to Canpara for fantastic documentation. Looking through his build really helped!
By venkman69
Dang it! How do you add photos here from a mobile?!?!?
By grogking
I put my images on imgur, which has an app, and then post the link in the form using the picture button in the editor.
By venkman69
Thanks grogking! Apprecite the help! Canpara has recommend tapatalk so giving that a bash! Here are some pics... here goes!!!
By venkman69
Slowly getting there. This is something don't want to rush. I'm a new father so don't have loads of time on my hands! I've made some spacers and the last photo is a big ol bunch of stuff sourced from the US. I've got an amazing friend who is sending me stuff over when the seller doesn't ship to the UK. Suffice to say I'm most proud of the Raytheon knob!!!ImageImageImageImage
By venkman69
Managed to find some time today to mount the alice frame to the mother board. Used the rubber spacers which worked a treat and 8mm coach bolts. Nice and solid!!ImageImageImage
twmedford23 liked this
By venkman69
Venkman's Swagger wrote:Looking like a great start fella. Keep it comin'
Thanks dude! Appreciate that! [emoji3]
By venkman69
Did a couple of bits this weekend! Finally got a long enough potentiometer for the crank knob. Ended up having to buy an extra long one for it to fit. Also managed to tap other bits like the elbows and booster tube and ladder. Really pleased with how it's coming along! I'm having a great fun taking time and care putting this together! Also got my Anovos patch on! Really top quality!ImageImageImageImageImage
twmedford23 liked this
By venkman69
Evening all! So I've managed to do a few bits inbetween the normality of day to day life and thought I'd share! So I've realised that I've misplaced the injector tubes. I got them so damn aligned that... I soon realised they weren't supposed to be! Doh! So I've moved them back a bit and looks pretty spot on! Image
twmedford23 liked this
By venkman69
I've been too precise with the booster tube also. Thinking of trying to move it up a bit, but this might be a little more tricky. Does anyone know how high above the shell top it should be?Image
twmedford23 liked this
By venkman69
I've used Canpara's method, who I believe got it from Venkman's Swagger, with relation to the hole for the cable. I got myself a 19.2mm hole cutter and set it an equal distance from the side using a drill bit. Worked really nicely! Cheers for the help on that guys!Image
twmedford23 liked this
By venkman69
I've purchased an awesome metal shock mount from Ben of Kent that looks... Well... amazing! I've also found my new best friend. A pair of digital calipers. Oh my word! What a difference they make!!!ImageImage
twmedford23 liked this
By venkman69
As I'm trying to work towards a GB1 Venkman Hero pack, can any one clear this up...
Which pack is his and are there any photos?
I know he wore the Spengler pack in the China town and outside spook central, due to the cable twist and blue label.
In the lobby scene right before he takes the elevator, it looks like he's got the omni pack on.
But is there a definitive answer as to the distinguishing features of his pack in GB1? I've looked all over and can't seem to find rock hard evidence. I've seen some amazing replicas, but don't know where they got there reference from.
Cheers all
By venkman69
Venkman's Swagger wrote:Booster tube looks spot on mate. It's the booster tube plug that sticks out about the top of the shell although packs had both sunken plugs and protruding plugs.

Keep up the good work!!
Thanks dude! Really appreciate the feedback! Tried referencing a whole bunch of photos and (guess what?...) they all seem a little different on the BT front. Think I'll stick with it! It's nice and tidy right now!
By Venkman's Swagger
venkman69 wrote:
Venkman's Swagger wrote:Booster tube looks spot on mate. It's the booster tube plug that sticks out about the top of the shell although packs had both sunken plugs and protruding plugs.

Keep up the good work!!
Thanks dude! Really appreciate the feedback! Tried referencing a whole bunch of photos and (guess what?...) they all seem a little different on the BT front. Think I'll stick with it! It's nice and tidy right now!
You're welcome man, it lines up perfectly. You're doing an awesome job
By venkman69
So this evening I've tried fitting the booster tube plug. I drilled and tapped it, but when the thread pulled tight, it started going a bit wonkey. So going to have to rethink that. Will prob borrow Canpara's idea of fitting some wood in it and a shed load of glue!!

Made up an injector tube bracket. Not sure if it'll make it to the final build, but wanted to see what it looked like.

Any thoughts on it are welcome!
ImageImage
By venkman69
I've been reading and following Canpara's build to help me with my own. Followed it so closely, I ended up doing the same thing as he did! Doh!! Out with the bondo tomorrow me thinks.

Also cut some wood to fit in the tube. Works a treat!!!
ImageImage
By venkman69
Evening all! So I've managed to do a bit to my pack build. It's slow progress, but im really enjoying taking my time with this! So apologies!
Recently I've been spraying some of the parts. This took a lot longer (and a hell of a lot more paint!) than I imagined. I got it wrong a few times, with the paint orange pealing, so took a few attempts. Sanded painted sanded painted etc.
Finally got a good finish on them that I'm happy with...Image
By venkman69
I've also had time to finish some of the parts that I'm happy with. I've tried my best to replicate Venkman's ion arm with the same scratches as best as I can...Image
By venkman69
I've also be rusting up the bolts. The heavy rust will come off and I'll be left with a medium/light rust.Image
By venkman69
I've fitted a couple of clippard barbs to the injector tubes and managed to put a slight sticky residue on the bumper. I saw in a build once on RPF (completed by RPF member Westies14), that Venkman's bumper had this. I don't know if that's 100% correct, but I kinda liked the idea so went with it!ImageImage
By tobycj
Looking good! What have you used for the texturing on the main body of the shell?
By venkman69
tobycj wrote:Looking good! What have you used for the texturing on the main body of the shell?
Thanks dude! Appreciate that! Well, I'm going to look at truck bed liner as I've heard that has good results. Being in the UK, options are a bit limited.
With regards the ridges in the photos, I used a very thin blade and scored along, then sanded with medium paper and then real light paper to give it the 'wood' kinda effect. The proof will be in when I come to spray it!
Last edited by venkman69 on August 23rd, 2018, 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
By tobycj
venkman69 wrote: August 23rd, 2018, 8:47 am
tobycj wrote:Looking good! What have you used for the texturing on the main body of the shell?
Thanks dude! Appreciate that! Well, I'm going to look at truck bed liner as I've heard that has good results. Being in the UK, options are a bit limited.
With regards the ridges in the photos, I used a very thin blade and scored along, then sanded with medium paper and then real light paper to give it the 'wood' kinda effect. The proof will be in when I come to spray it!
I'm painting my spirit pack this weekend and intending on using truck bed liner too, I'll report back...
By venkman69
Cheers Venkman's Swagger!

Tobycj, be great to see how it turns out! Feel free to post a pic of the finished results in this thred!
By westies14
venkman69 wrote:I've fitted a couple of clippard barbs to the injector tubes and managed to put a slight sticky residue on the bumper. I saw in a build once on RPF (completed by RPF member Westies14), that Venkman's bumper had this. I don't know if that's 100% correct, but I kinda liked the idea so went with it!ImageImage
Hey man, great build so far!

I just wanted to chime in and clarify the bit about the sticker residue: The bumper we used in that build was molded and cast directly from the screen-used GB1/2 prototype hero (“Super Hero” to some here, I think). At some point after production, its MOTOR SYNCHRONUS blue label was incorrectly stuck on the left side of the bumper. While it was removed for molding, the residue underneath remained and was texture enough that the silicone reproduced it. The crew replaced the sticker after molding it, and it remained on the wrong side in storage at Sony until it was molded again by Anovos for their high-end pack offering. I’m not positive, but I believe they may have moved it to the correct side after their own molding work was complete.

Long story short, none of the packs on screen actually feature that residue - we actually sanded it down for that Venkman build which you referenced.

I like weathered elements on packs though! This is an organic-looking detail which feels real because it’s specific, outside of the patterns of weathering covering most of the pack, and there’s no good reason for it to be there. You did a great job recreating it, too. I saw the image in this thread’s preview on tapatalk and assumed you were doing a build with the same bumper!

Keep up the good work!

Proton Props UK

Considering David orders most of the parts he does[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]