Post pictures up of your Props, or a link to your prop gallery on Ghostbusters Fans.
By venkman69
Finally got all the bits I needed to make my charging plate! Taken for ever! Lol. Ordered a bit spare so made a few others, which I'll be selling at some point.

2 have switchcraft sockets in, the others don't. Really pleased with how they came out!ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
twmedford23, Kingpin liked this
By venkman69
Started work on Spongfaces bezel kit tonight. Decals went on good, so letting them dry before a trim. Having to chop a fair amount out of the thrower. Little nervous about that as it's so close to finished. We will see how that goes.

Also tried a few of Macks Pack dry rub transfers out tonight... oh my good god!!!! That is one hell of a product that guy has right there. It is obscenely good! One of THE best things I've purchased for the pack. So glad I went and did that. Massive heads up to Indy Taz for the... well... heads up on these. Soooooo friggin sweet and super easy to put on. Tape label, stick and then use a pencil rubber. Bosh!!! Love it.ImageImage
twmedford23, JWils23 liked this
By venkman69
Damn this thrower is a real pain! So fiddly!!!

Sigh...

Anywho, the quest goes on. I've spent a bit of time of late trying to get the thrower to how I'd like, but it's a real case of patience here. Every time I tried rushing something, I'd put myself 2 steps back. I've had to strip it and respray it a couple of time as when I put the bezzal in, i made too bigger hole.

I filled it and stripped, and resprayed. The only way in the end, but happy with the result. The water slide came out a bit grubby, not sure what I did wrong, but it goes with the feel I'm after, so I'm fine with that.

Finished the charging plate and mounted it to the MB and frame. Really chuffed with how this came out and just adds that little final touch in my mind. I sent all the wires up the back of the alice frame so you don't see it and cable tied it down.

My biggest gripe in this whole build, is the extortionate rates of postage throughout the world. I know having mates all over the world who do this and similar, have to pay above average, but this is a real killer! So welcome to the world's most expensive hat lights in the world! They went much from Gbfans, but the postage and customs brought these little babes in at just over £42! Dang! ...Still worth it to have the real deal on the pack! Lol.

I've started adding the switches and various other bits and bobs, though in the process, snapping one of the toggles. So gotta grab another. Delicate hands required here people!

I was a bit confused with the layout of the lights, so I've gone for what I thought looked best. The 2 white hats will be alternate blinking with the clear white and slo-blo stationary. Reckon that looks good after testing them out.

I've fixed the main tip light, behind the trigger tip with a hex screw with the top lopped, just as in the Venkman pack photos mentioned previously. Chuffed with the finish on that, looks pretty spot on to me!

Last thing I wrapped the side of the tip in the black electrical tape. That was fiddly and took a few attempts but got there in the end!

I've decided to make a little mounting bracket in the wand to try and tidy some of the wires. It's getting like old zooly's head in there... a bit crowed! More on that in the next post... if it works, other wise I'll forget all about and deny any knowledge of it!

PS - hat lights defo worth it! Lol. ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
tobycj liked this
By venkman69
This is it, this is definately it! No blank tapes from which erased yesterday, but one finished pack!

Sorry its taken so long for an update... I was having big troubles with the electrics. Seems somewhere along the line, part of my main board stopped working. Prob something I did shifting it around so much to be honest. Our friends at Ninja Tunes were amazingly helpful every step of the way!

I'll post some HD pictures up after we do the final video with my mate at Giant Killer Studios, but for now here is a vid showing some of the features of the pack and the electrics!

https://youtu.be/3TAK4LaxJ0Q
JWils23, twmedford23 liked this
By venkman69
twmedford23 wrote:Any pic updates??
I was hoping to get some HD pics, but that's going to be a while until that happens and I've been working on the Jurassic Park Jeep in the mean time.

So here are a few pack shots until I can get those!!ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
By venkman69
twmedford23 wrote:Beautiful pack!!!
Cheers! Appreciate the kind words! Hope fully I'll have the HD pictures soon! This has been an absolute labour of love. Wanted to do this since I was a kid. I guess the next thing will be the Ecto 1!
By venkman69
Venkman's Swagger wrote:Very nice!!
Thanks feller! [emoji16]
By JWils23
Love the little details, like the little wire clamp on the loom. Very well done, you should be really proud of this, I'll be using this thread as reference as I build my hero pack.
By venkman69
Hey thanks dude! Appreciate the kind words. Wanted to be as detailed as I could on this as it was close to my heart! Hence why it took so long to build! Should be able to get some HD pics up over the next few weeks! Hopefully that'll help a bit more!
By starburst
Awesome build with some great details, truly inspirational!

Looking forward to the inevitable 3rd and final part of your build video series!
By venkman69
starburst wrote:Awesome build with some great details, truly inspirational!

Looking forward to the inevitable 3rd and final part of your build video series!
Thanks man! I appreciate that!

Video is going to be shot in the next 2 week's, so hopefully should have something up soon!
By venkman69
TK5759 wrote:I haven't been around for a while but damn is it good to see a beautiful pack like this when I do pop in!
Cheers dude! That's kind of you to say that! Hopefully get some better pics up soon!
By venkman69
I know these are long overdue!! Here are some high-resolution pics of the pack! I've included a link to the last build video we did that's just been posted online.

Suffice to say it's been an amazing ride with this pack and can't wait to start the next... Quite what that'll be who knows... But I sure need somewhere to get from A-B and a place to store the packs! Lol.

Thanks for all your kind comments along the way. Really hope this has been useful to some of you! If I can help in anything please give me a shout.

AusImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Fitzhume, twmedford23, RedSpecial and 1 others liked this
By mrcthulhu82
Hello mate,

May I ask where or how you got your Bargraph Lens / Holder? I'm after one and not having any luck at all!

Thank you
venkman69 wrote: July 7th, 2019, 12:46 am
By venkman69
Hey there!
Good question! I'll be honest, I can't quite remember. But I do remember finding the seller on here somewhere.
I'll have a look and see if I can find it.
By mrcthulhu82
Other Part I am really struggling to find is some good reflectors for the cyclo lens. 1-2154430-1 seems to be the ones people recommend but again trying to find them is like a magic trick! haha
By venkman69
The reflectors I got from eBay china and were perfect. I seem to remember they were 3 cell. A bit of hunting on eBay for 3 cell reflectors should bring some up!
By venkman69
From memory, they were inch cups, with red LEDs.
By Phillip Webb
venkman69 wrote: February 18th, 2019, 10:34 am Then the rest of the day was spent cutting the slit for the pop mech in the inner main barrel. Took for blooming ever!!!Image
Hi i need you help if you can. I have the Ninjatunes 2016 kit but i can not get it to work. do you have a wiring diagram or photos of how it all goes together please. ninjatunes who make the kit are no help they say its old and they don't have the diagrams or know how it goes together. please help

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]

Uniform Tips

Sorry for the triple post (you guys have gotten […]

Proton Props???

Ugly Little Spud, Did you actually get the pack?[…]