Post pictures up of your Props, or a link to your prop gallery on Ghostbusters Fans.
By venkman69
westies14 wrote:
venkman69 wrote:I've fitted a couple of clippard barbs to the injector tubes and managed to put a slight sticky residue on the bumper. I saw in a build once on RPF (completed by RPF member Westies14), that Venkman's bumper had this. I don't know if that's 100% correct, but I kinda liked the idea so went with it!ImageImage
Hey man, great build so far!

I just wanted to chime in and clarify the bit about the sticker residue: The bumper we used in that build was molded and cast directly from the screen-used GB1/2 prototype hero (“Super Hero” to some here, I think). At some point after production, its MOTOR SYNCHRONUS blue label was incorrectly stuck on the left side of the bumper. While it was removed for molding, the residue underneath remained and was texture enough that the silicone reproduced it. The crew replaced the sticker after molding it, and it remained on the wrong side in storage at Sony until it was molded again by Anovos for their high-end pack offering. I’m not positive, but I believe they may have moved it to the correct side after their own molding work was complete.

Long story short, none of the packs on screen actually feature that residue - we actually sanded it down for that Venkman build which you referenced.

I like weathered elements on packs though! This is an organic-looking detail which feels real because it’s specific, outside of the patterns of weathering covering most of the pack, and there’s no good reason for it to be there. You did a great job recreating it, too. I saw the image in this thread’s preview on tapatalk and assumed you were doing a build with the same bumper!

Keep up the good work!
Dude, that's such an awesome piece of info! Thank you so much for commenting!

I loved reading your build and the photos you took were amazing. It is without a shadow of doubt, THE best build (in my humble opinion) I've seen. It's been so useful for other builders -myself very much included!

Can I ask, did you take any pics of the Venkman pack while you were casting? I've tried finding some good reference pics and struggle.

Thanks again!
By venkman69
I've given my shell the first few coats of spray. Took a while to get it right. Really happy with the detailing I've put into the pack, scrapes and scuffs are coming out well!ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Last edited by venkman69 on September 9th, 2018, 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
By venkman69
I also received my aluminium labels through from Eugino Spengler. They look really good and I've put one on the bumper. Love the look!ImageImageImage
Last edited by venkman69 on September 9th, 2018, 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
twmedford23 liked this
By venkman69
And lastly this weekend, my dad managed to machine me a V-hook. He's an aircraft engineer so I gave him a template and he did this for me. It's a 2 piece which means more stress can be put on the outside part. I've heard this has been a problem with the 3 piece hooks. But this being made from aircraft grade steel, will be super strong! It really is a thing of beauty! I asked my dad if he could make a few more... He's thinking about it!!! [emoji16]ImageImageImageImage
twmedford23, robandliv liked this
By venkman69
Hey all!
Last weekend was pretty big for me. I hate spraying. Hate it hate it hate it. Never goes right for me. But wanted to give my pack some texture. So got some truck bed liner and gave it a whirl. I was pleasantly surprised with it! I plan on giving it a light sand, then going over it with regular spray to ease the effect off a little. But already think it looks pretty neat! Image
twmedford23 liked this
By venkman69
Put first stage of weathering onto the pdp. I've tried to follow the dings of Venkman's GB2 pack. I've included a screenshot taken from Demon Vice Commanders photos that he took. These have been an invaluable resource for reference. The k you for that. I'll be layering the weathering up as I go along, but this is the first stage. ImageImage
tobycj liked this
By venkman69
Venkman's Swagger wrote:Nailing it!! Awesome updates matey
Cheers dude! Really appreciate the comments!
By venkman69
So tonight, I got to spend a good amount of time doing some bits on the pack. Iys slow progress, but im loving that fact. Means I can really take time with the finer details.

So let's start with the texturing. After I sprayed it with truck liner, the finish was great but I wanted to dull it off, as it was a bit in your face. So I VERY lightly sanded it, and resprayed with regular hycote. I'm so happy with the results!ImageImageImage
tobycj liked this
By venkman69
In between coats, I've cut and set my loom, giving it the tight twists. Going to leave that for a bit so that it becomes used to that. I found using wire cutters gave me the neatest results here. ImageImage
By venkman69
I also started testing out my rusted bolts. Now, because of the length of time im taking in this, I set a good amount of bolts rusting away. What I did was then take a scourer sponge, and buff out the heavy rust, down to more natural rust. I've fitted the test onto the HGA, and then with rusty, mucky, sticky fingers, handled it to dull off the rest of it and blend it around. Again, really happy with the results.

I gave the PDP a light dust of rust, as well as the booster frame. Love the effect that Westies14 got, so I've tried a little bit of that.

This is all bottom layer weathering. Once fitted, I'll go over it again with scuffs here and there and fullers earth which I hear is good. ImageImageImageImageImage
tobycj liked this
By venkman69
Makani wrote:Where and who did you buy this kit from? Thanks - Chris
Hi Chris!
The main kit was from Benofkent here in the UK. I did a load of research and his kits are by far the best kit around. So clean and accurate. And Ben is amazingly helpful any time of the day, not matter what the question is! I can not recommend him highly enough.
I've switched out all the resin parts for real parts and used aluminium labels.
If you need any help, then give us a shout and I'll send you his link to his etsy shop.
Cheers
Makani liked this
By venkman69
Venkman's Swagger wrote:That texture looks perfect man, well played!! This will be killer once all done.
Thank you buddy! Always appreciate your positive comments!
By Venkman's Swagger
venkman69 wrote:
Venkman's Swagger wrote:That texture looks perfect man, well played!! This will be killer once all done.
Thank you buddy! Always appreciate your positive comments!
You're welcome dude. They're fully deserved
By Makani
Thanks venkman69! I'm in the states so shipping might be sky high. I also would like to start on building a pack but not sure where and who I should buy from. Thanks again!
Chris
By venkman69
Makani wrote:Thanks venkman69! I'm in the states so shipping might be sky high. I also would like to start on building a pack but not sure where and who I should buy from. Thanks again!
Chris
I know quite a few people in the states who have got Ben's pack. I hear his shipping there is really reasonable. You won't regret it if you go for one of his! Why don't you join his Facebook group and shoot him a message. Wouldn't hurt! Let me know how you get on!
By venkman69
Things are getting exciting! Been attaching parts recently and it's really coming together.ImageImageImageImage
By venkman69
I've attached the v hook to the pack and added a small bracket to take the strain. That thing ain't going nowhere!ImageImageImage
Glenn Frederick liked this
By venkman69
Also been adding a few decals and alu labels here and there as well as my Raytheon Crank. Oh, that was a special moment!! I used a long pot which I will connect to act as a volume for the pack. ImageImageImageImageImageImage
twmedford23, tobycj, +Halomobilo+ and 1 others liked this
By venkman69
Hey all! So been busy last few weeks on the pack and it's really coming on. Added weld marks using No More Nails style of adhesive. Worked really well as I was able to push into it as it came out, getting a good weld style line! Also used a bit of bondo for the ion arm to tube weld. ImageImageImageImage
By venkman69
I've also got to that point where I'm adding noticeable stuff! Very exciting as I can now see it coming together. Still adding scuffs as I go along to build up the weathering. ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
By venkman69
Venkman's Swagger wrote:Sooooooo sick man. This should be getting so much more love than it is
Cheers buddy! Your praise has really been appreciated right from the start! I guess everyone is playing GB World! Lol.
By Venkman's Swagger
venkman69 wrote:
Venkman's Swagger wrote:Sooooooo sick man. This should be getting so much more love than it is
Cheers buddy! Your praise has really been appreciated right from the start! I guess everyone is playing GB World! Lol.
You're welcome fella. This really is shaping up to be a fantastic build. Hahaha yeah maybe. If this thread was 2/3 years ago then it'd be blowing up with comments
By venkman69
doctorevil30564 wrote:Man this is shaping up to be one sexy looking proton pack. keep up the great work!
Thanks dude! Appreciate that! [emoji16]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]

Uniform Tips

Sorry for the triple post (you guys have gotten […]

Proton Props???

Ugly Little Spud, Did you actually get the pack?[…]