Post pictures up of your Props, or a link to your prop gallery on Ghostbusters Fans.
By starburst
Great looking Pack... been watching quietly since the start but VS is right you, and your work, deserve my written admiration.

I only hope when I finally stop collecting parts and start building next year my own looks even remotely as good!

It’s funny though I’ve been following this build and the other day stumbled on a YouTube video which had a follow up posted today... I instantly thought “I know that build!”, your detailing on the Ion Arm cap gave it away!
NotSabbat liked this
By venkman69
That's mighty kind of you starburst! Thank you! I know the pain of collecting parts! It's taken forever to get all the ones I'm happy with! But once you do... oh lordy!!... it's sooooooo satisfying bolting them all into position!
Yep, we did the 2nd video on Monday! Was going to post a link up in this thread.
Let me know when you start your build and thanks again!
starburst liked this
By venkman69
venkman69 wrote:Hey all! So been busy last few weeks on the pack and it's really coming on. Added weld marks using No More Nails style of adhesive. Worked really well as I was able to push into it as it came out, getting a good weld style line! Also used a bit of bondo for the ion arm to tube weld. ImageImageImageImage
Just to mention, one of the last pictures shows first attempt at the respray. Didn't go that good, so sanded down and did it again. Turned out much better!
By CorfieldUK81
I will be receiving my benofkent kit soon ( can't wait!) can you give me any tips? what screws to get / tools I'll need etc etc? really new to prop building and hoping to get anywhere near what you've done here! also what light and sound you planning? (gbfans I'm guessing?)
By venkman69
CorfieldUK81 wrote:I will be receiving my benofkent kit soon ( can't wait!) can you give me any tips? what screws to get / tools I'll need etc etc? really new to prop building and hoping to get anywhere near what you've done here! also what light and sound you planning? (gbfans I'm guessing?)
Hey there!
I was totally in the same position as you! Pretty new to a major prop build like this, and not a Scooby! I got myself a s**t load of different he's bolts, in different sizes and went from there. There are some great ref here on Gbfans and Ben is super helpful! Take it a part at a time and really focus on that part. Once you've done that, move on to the next. I did a dry fit of all the parts, then sprayed. Hope that makes sense. Get yourself loads of reference photos up and have them on hand. Remember this is your build so take your time with it.
By venkman69
CorfieldUK81 wrote:I will be receiving my benofkent kit soon ( can't wait!) can you give me any tips? what screws to get / tools I'll need etc etc? really new to prop building and hoping to get anywhere near what you've done here! also what light and sound you planning? (gbfans I'm guessing?)
Lights and sound kit I'm getting a rabid kit. Should be arriving soon so can let you know how it turns out. Ive done a couple of vids which are good to watch as they explain other bits. Tools bits get yourself a pair of digital calipers, and a dremel. Everything else is fairly standard!
By CorfieldUK81
just made my final payment and will be getting my kit VERY soon, just a few questions since you are in uk as I am. What brand of Paint have you used / where to buy it? what method are you going to use when weathering ( if you decide to weather it) ?
By venkman69
CorfieldUK81 wrote:just made my final payment and will be getting my kit VERY soon, just a few questions since you are in uk as I am. What brand of Paint have you used / where to buy it? what method are you going to use when weathering ( if you decide to weather it) ?
Awesome news!!! Exciting times ahead!! I use Hycote for everything. It's pretty good stuff, just apply with care and patience! Get it from eBay. Buy 3 at a time! Cheaper and you'll need it! Weathering, I've stared using rust. Where I rusted up some bolts, I used that over the pack. Looks really good because it's the actual thing! Hope that helps.
CorfieldUK81 liked this
By venkman69
twmedford23 wrote:Any updates on this one??
Hey dude!

Good call! Ive been really busy at work, so havent been able to spend as much time on the pqck recently, but I did do a bit over Xmas, starting the wand. The trouble I'm finding is I'm trying to get all the parts moving in the correct way - twisty front barrel and extending tip, which is somewhat tricky. I've been putting the main parts together and buying different size tubing to get this working.

I'm going to have 3 tubes on the front. The first and largest to twist, the second, in the middle held in place, the third smallest inside the other 2, going forward and back. Hopefully this will work. I'll get some pics up as soon as I've finished getting all the parts. I'm still waiting on some from freaky geeky, so as soon as they come in, I'll be able to start in earnest.

I did the weld marks, using the same method as on the pack - decorators calk. Seems to work well and gets a good effect once sprayed.

I'm just installing the lights. More on that when I've finished!
ImageImageImageImageImage
twmedford23 liked this
By venkman69
Had to get a refund from Rabid for the electrics as they kept giving me delayed time frames. After waiting for 4 months, I gave up, asked for a refund and got an amazing kit from one of Ben's contacts. The kit is amazing!!!
twmedford23 liked this
By Kingpin
venkman69 wrote: January 8th, 2019, 3:28 pm Had to get a refund from Rabid for the electrics as they kept giving me delayed time frames. After waiting for 4 months, I gave up, asked for a refund and got an amazing kit from one of Ben's contacts. The kit is amazing!!!
Sorry to hear that. That sounds in keeping with Shawn's track record, and is part of the reason why he's banned from here.
By venkman69
Kingpin wrote:
venkman69 wrote: January 8th, 2019, 3:28 pm Had to get a refund from Rabid for the electrics as they kept giving me delayed time frames. After waiting for 4 months, I gave up, asked for a refund and got an amazing kit from one of Ben's contacts. The kit is amazing!!!
Sorry to hear that. That sounds in keeping with Shawn's track record, and is part of the reason why he's banned from here.
Cheers dude. But the flip side of it, was that Ben gave me a great contact who delivered the kit within a week at half the price! And it's amazing!!!
Kingpin liked this
By doctorevil30564
venkman69 wrote: January 8th, 2019, 10:29 pm
Kingpin wrote:
Cheers dude. But the flip side of it, was that Ben gave me a great contact who delivered the kit within a week at half the price! And it's amazing!!!
I'm currently using a Heavy Props light and sound kit, but would love to upgrade to a better kit that has more features on it. Can you advise on what all your kit can do? I had looked at a rabid prototypes kit but was leary of buying from him since he's on the black list here on the GBfans forum. If your kit can do the same things as the rabid kit but for half the price I'm definitely interested in finding out more information about them.
By venkman69
doctorevil30564 wrote:
venkman69 wrote: January 8th, 2019, 10:29 pm Cheers dude. But the flip side of it, was that Ben gave me a great contact who delivered the kit within a week at half the price! And it's amazing!!!
I'm currently using a Heavy Props light and sound kit, but would love to upgrade to a better kit that has more features on it. Can you advise on what all your kit can do? I had looked at a rabid prototypes kit but was leary of buying from him since he's on the black list here on the GBfans forum. If your kit can do the same things as the rabid kit but for half the price I'm definitely interested in finding out more information about them.
Hey!

Ive only had a quick play, so will be a whilw until i get it all up and working, but from what i can remember it'll do loads of sounds, including some TVG sounds, overload also. Play a load of music and will go into party mode, where the pack becomes your own walking disco, in sync with the tunes. Its amazing! Can also be synced with vent kits.
By CorfieldUK81
this is great to hear as I also got this contact, you've convinced me its the place to order! what battery and speaker are you going with?
How did you glue in the red and blue plastic for the powercel and cyclotron? superglue? I'm having trouble getting the blue one to lay flat but ben says to sand it down , fingers crossed I can do it ha.
also if possible could you post photos of how you put the wand together as I'm upto that part now and I have no clue where to start
By venkman69
CorfieldUK81 wrote:
this is great to hear as I also got this contact, you've convinced me its the place to order! what battery and speaker are you going with?
How did you glue in the red and blue plastic for the powercel and cyclotron? superglue? I'm having trouble getting the blue one to lay flat but ben says to sand it down , fingers crossed I can do it ha.
also if possible could you post photos of how you put the wand together as I'm upto that part now and I have no clue where to start
Definitely the place to order!!! :0)
Ben gives good advice on a battery. He recommends a fairly chunky blue one from eBay. Sets you back about £25. But it's good! Speakerwise a Fli F16.

Yep superglue, but I used a gel type one. But more control. Then I used clear silicone around the rest. TBH, I love using silicone, it's so easy and sticks anything really strong, with flex! Definitely recommend it! I didn't use the metal plates for the cyclone lights you see going around. I preferred using a bunch of silicone, setting them directly on the shell. Re the blue, just dremel it down a bit. That's what I'll do.

Ya know, I've been a bit rubbish of late, what with Xmas not posting as much as I should of the build! As soon as I get back on it in earnest, I'll post up some more detailed pics!
twmedford23 liked this
By venkman69
Evening all!
So I've finished I stalling my cyc lights. I went for using silicone. Works really well and holds strong. ImageImageImage
By venkman69
So I've started my wand, and by eck it's tricky! Here are some pics of the start of my twist and pop mech.
I'm using 3 tubes in the barrel, the outside twists, the middle is still and the one inside them all will be the pop. You can see where I cut a 1/4 noch out of the middle so the top will twist round. This works well! Next will be the pop. Waiting on some stuff from freaky geeky, so cant do that until that arrives.

I've also made my mother board foam and placed it. Really happy with it. Looks a bit new, but that'll scuff up during the build! ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
twmedford23 liked this
By venkman69
NotSabbat wrote:Dang! thats looking sharp! Great job on all the little details
Cheers dude! Taking my time and working on exactly that!! Appreciate the kind words!
NotSabbat liked this
By venkman69
So I'm trying something out...
I love that work look of the thrower, where the orange is coming through. So I've spent this week building up a load of coats on my grips, then I'll lightly sand them, and give them a black dusting, building up areas, then sand and repeat. Interested as to how this will turn out!

I also got a great match with the engraved '3' near wand tip. Going to wash this with silver later in the build.

The thrower is taking a long time. I think that's because of moving parts and tiny details all over it, of which a year ago, I didn't see. We keep going!! Hopefully freeky geeky will be shipping the parts I ordered soon, so I can really crack on. ImageImageImage
twmedford23 liked this
By venkman69
I just want to say another massive thank you to @westies14 and his build photos. These are such a fantastic reference and I've been using them the most throughout my whole build. The detail on them is just amazing and given me some great ideas! Thank you for documenting them and providing some amazing shots.
By venkman69
I've finished off the grips and sanded them down just to take the brightness off. The one infront has been sanded. Light doesn't do it justice really as it's got a lovely golden orange colour. Perfect for the grips.

I've also fixed the front middle barrel on. This was using filler and a few screws just to give it extra support when the pop mech is installed. The barrel twists perfectly. I've started spraying up some of the parts, so as soon as Freeky Geeky parts arrive, I can start assembling. ImageImageImageImage
twmedford23, Kingpin liked this
By GreenPandaGuy
What was the name of the supplier of the electronics kit that could do the same as the rabid one for less $?
By venkman69
GreenPandaGuy wrote:What was the name of the supplier of the electronics kit that could do the same as the rabid one for less $?
I've sent you a PM with his address.
By venkman69
Just finished the bottom part to the thrower. Had to wait for some bits to arrive from Freely Geeky. I'll do the metal weathering in one go with the rest of the pack, but I've been dusting it with rust, and added some of my rusted up bolts after a slight clean. All went together nicely.Image
By starburst
That looks great, which bits are from Freaky Geeky and what’s from Ben?

The rusting on those bolts looks really good.
By venkman69
starburst wrote:That looks great, which bits are from Freaky Geeky and what’s from Ben?

The rusting on those bolts looks really good.
Cheers dude! It's only the first layer of weathering, so should take more shape when its on! Track plate and s hook ar FG. V hook and S Hook plate are from Ben.
By starburst
Well it looks great, and thanks I’m hoping to get one of Bens kits soon and I’ve been looking at what additional parts I might want to upgrade / source from different makers.
Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]