Post pictures up of your Props, or a link to your prop gallery on Ghostbusters Fans.
By venkman69
starburst wrote:Well it looks great, and thanks I’m hoping to get one of Bens kits soon and I’ve been looking at what additional parts I might want to upgrade / source from different makers.
Nicely done dude! Well Ben's kits are THE best beyond a shadow of doubt! I've got a few spare parts so if you need anything, give me a shout!
By CorfieldUK81
starburst wrote: February 16th, 2019, 9:32 am Well it looks great, and thanks I’m hoping to get one of Bens kits soon and I’ve been looking at what additional parts I might want to upgrade / source from different makers.
Highly recommend the metal labels from GBfans, and getting real Clippard connectors
By venkman69
Gbfans do some great stuff that you can't find easily elsewhere. But depending on how accurate you want to go, it can become a bit of a treasure hunt!... But that's half the fun! Remember 4 of the pack labels were printed on aluminium plate, but I've got a good contact for those. Ben includes a vinyl kit for the labels that are perfect for the others.
By starburst
I have the 4 metal labels already actually as I got them a fair while ago from a board member who was doing them at the time (Im not 100% but I think the ones in the shop use his template as I remember him offering them up when he stopped doing them.

I already have a whole host of parts including hose barbs, elbows etc and currently have the 2 Clippard valves along with a wand kit in my cart ready to go as soon as the kit comes back into regular stock.

Any hint on when we might see a part 3 of your build video series?
By venkman69
starburst wrote:I have the 4 metal labels already actually as I got them a fair while ago from a board member who was doing them at the time (Im not 100% but I think the ones in the shop use his template as I remember him offering them up when he stopped doing them.

I already have a whole host of parts including hose barbs, elbows etc and currently have the 2 Clippard valves along with a wand kit in my cart ready to go as soon as the kit comes back into regular stock.

Any hint on when we might see a part 3 of your build video series?
That's awesome news! Sounds like you are well on your way to getting all the bits and bobs!! I've been picking up bits as and when they came up. Slow process, but that's half the fun!!

Part 3 of the video will be in the next few months. I'm having a right mare sorting out the wand. Very fiddly, lots of moving parts, lots of things to do. I'm planning on posting a update on the wand in the next few days, but the video might be a while off!

It's all slow progress, but still fun!
By venkman69
Well what a day it's been with the progress of the thrower. I'm on half term, and I've been working all day and feels like I've hardly done anything. Put in so much time and everything seemed to go wrong today. Sigh. Just like that some times...

So I've dry fitted my rear cylinder which I thought would be an easy job. But had to re tap the thread as didn't have any US size bolts. Ok, so that was fairly straight forward. Then I realised I had my track a little long. So I had to take everything off and re drill the hole alignment. Some time later, rear cylinder was on. ImageImage
By venkman69
Started fitting the electrics. Had to make a power cell holder myself as wasn't happy with the fit of the other one. Used Velcro on most of it. Added my little Bill Murray sticker in homage!!! Lol. ImageImage
twmedford23 liked this
By venkman69
Then the rest of the day was spent cutting the slit for the pop mech in the inner main barrel. Took for blooming ever!!!Image
twmedford23 liked this
By venkman69
Last thing today I had to re tap the brass spacers because again, don't have the US bolts. This was fine, but again time consuming. But happy with how it turned out. I've reordered an inner tube because I got my measurements wrong. Can't do much now until that arrives. Image
twmedford23 liked this
By venkman69
So today is 'Electrics Day!' ...the happiest day of the year! Sigh...

I've shot a test run video of my electrics from Ninja Tunes. Find it here...

https://youtu.be/CX5tm4y1t-0

I've also started re-wiring in prep for my Venkman charging plate I'm going to make. So I've tackled the charging extension first of all. The best thing about this is that it worked first time! I won't lie, I did a little dance! Electrics aren't my strong point and I was dreading starting this. Almost bailed out, but I pressed on and I'm so glad I did! Got to wait for some bits from the US to arrive before I finish the charging plate, but it's a start that I'm really happy with!!ImageImage
By CorfieldUK81
venkman69 wrote: February 21st, 2019, 9:23 am So today is 'Electrics Day!' ...the happiest day of the year! Sigh...

I've shot a test run video of my electrics from Ninja Tunes. Find it here...

https://youtu.be/CX5tm4y1t-0

I've also started re-wiring in prep for my Venkman charging plate I'm going to make. So I've tackled the charging extension first of all. The best thing about this is that it worked first time! I won't lie, I did a little dance! Electrics aren't my strong point and I was dreading starting this. Almost bailed out, but I pressed on and I'm so glad I did! Got to wait for some bits from the US to arrive before I finish the charging plate, but it's a start that I'm really happy with!!ImageImage
Jealous of the plate you are doing, still working out where I want my volume and battery cable placement
By venkman69
Exciting times in the garage tonight. The wife has a lot of Eastenders to catch up on which meant I could put some serious time into the pop mech on the wand. The last real mile stone.

So I cut my third pipe that runs inside, kinda like how FG do theirs, so it'll fit with the FG latch I purchased.

Then hooked everything up, very roughly, and amazing worked a treat!
When it's all nice and tight in there, it should be much slicker.

So with all that working, I can start putting it all together!

Commence hours of spraying... getting it wrong, sanding, respraying, etc etc.

But exciting times ahead. It almost feels like the end is in sight. ImageImage
twmedford23 liked this
By venkman69
IndyTaz wrote:Well done mate!!!! I smell awesome in the air;)

Regards
T
A
Z
Thanks dude!
By venkman69
Well today has been a big day. I've finished the main pack. Eeeeeeek!
When I say this, I mean that I've finished all the weathering and it's now ready to bolt on to the MB!

The weathering is very slight as I wanted more of a natural, 'left stood up by the containment unit' kinda feel. Bit rusty, but scuffed, in need of a bit of TLC, but not a write off!!

I brushed over the whole pack with rust from the bolts I rusted off for the build. More so in some areas than others.

I also used a sharpie... Yep, I know!

Thing is, I tested it out on a very small area, then wiped it off and repeated, and it looked perfect. I used the side of the nib, so it was only very slight. Smudging it really blended it into the pack and looked a lot more natural.

I'm really happy with how it turned out. Its amazing (and emotional) to see it all come together like this. Something that's been such an iconic piece of gear in my mind for a large majority of my life, is now right in front of me!ImageImageImageImageImage
twmedford23, ccv66, jpetrutis81 and 1 others liked this
By IndyTaz
It's so beautiful mate congratulations!! You must be extremely proud. It's been such a pleasure following your thread! Can't wait to see the wand done too!!

Well done.

Regards
T
A
Z
By CorfieldUK81
love the rust effect, I might have to upgrade my pack with the GB1 ribbon at some point and a metal shock.
By venkman69
Thanks guys!
By venkman69
starburst wrote:That looks amazing, congratulations and well done on an amazing and inspirational build!
Cheers dude! Appreciate the kind words!
By starburst
venkman69 wrote: March 1st, 2019, 8:10 am Cheers dude! Appreciate the kind words!
Not a problem, its fine work so praise is easy!

You mentioned getting your motherboard installed and I was wondering how you had tackled allowing sound to pass through? Did you create a grid of holes or I have seen others create one large hole for the speaker to come through?
By venkman69
starburst wrote:
venkman69 wrote: March 1st, 2019, 8:10 am Cheers dude! Appreciate the kind words!
Not a problem, its fine work so praise is easy!

You mentioned getting your motherboard installed and I was wondering how you had tackled allowing sound to pass through? Did you create a grid of holes or I have seen others create one large hole for the speaker to come through?
Cheers dude!!

I cut a large hole for the speaker and set it into that.

I'll keep posting in here the rest of the build, so I'll make sure I put some up of that. Went for that over the holes, as wanted it nice and loud!
By venkman69
I'm slowly getting there with the thrower. I've given it loads of coats as it's going to handled the most. Started adding all the bits and bobs to it and doing the pop mech as I go. Started lightly weathering few parts as I go along, which is what I did with pack. I can finish the whole weathering when I finish. I used the calking method of welding around the handle. I like how it's turned out, especially when painted. ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
twmedford23, JWils23 liked this
By IndyTaz
That sir is a thing of beauty. Love to see a vid of its function:)

Not long to go now huh?

Regards
T
A
Z
By venkman69
IndyTaz wrote:That sir is a thing of beauty. Love to see a vid of its function:)

Not long to go now huh?

Regards
T
A
Z
Cheers dude! Yep, going to do a vid as soon as it's finished!!
By venkman69
Evening all!

Been busy today on the thrower and electrics. I always find that nothing is a 5min job where a proton pack build is concerned. Something that you think will take 5mins, ends up taking 45min! But always massively rewarding when its done!

I've added the last part of the pop mech and tested that. See the video link...

https://youtu.be/wUF1EwHHHWk

I've also put the electrics into the front handle and attached that. Used filler and will sand the bit used to fill the hole and respray.

I've also added a switch in line for the battery to the circuit board. This will run to the charging plate. I've forgotten to take a photo of that but will take a load when I do the charging plate!

All these small little steps bring me closer to the finishing line! ImageImageImageImageImageImage
By Brads_gimmick
Your Pack looks Tremendous!
I first saw your videos before finding this board and you showed me beyond the shadow of a doubt the quality of Benofkents Kits.
So what does a guy so with this info... well I am in a fortune position that has allowed me to purchase one of his Ultimate proton pack kits. To top it off Ben is an absolute gentleman to work with and with any luck I am hoping to see this in my time off next Month... fingers crossed.
Also after some serious searching I was also able to get my hands on a Raytheon Crank Knob... You were not wrong about these being hard to find.
So please just know that in a lot of ways your build has made an impact here in the great land of Australia.

Side bar... if you're a little hesitant about shipping and the price of parts... try shipping to Australia and having to pay US and GBP exchange rates for basically everything... sometimes it's not Pretty..
By venkman69
Brads_gimmick wrote:Your Pack looks Tremendous!
I first saw your videos before finding this board and you showed me beyond the shadow of a doubt the quality of Benofkents Kits.
So what does a guy so with this info... well I am in a fortune position that has allowed me to purchase one of his Ultimate proton pack kits. To top it off Ben is an absolute gentleman to work with and with any luck I am hoping to see this in my time off next Month... fingers crossed.
Also after some serious searching I was also able to get my hands on a Raytheon Crank Knob... You were not wrong about these being hard to find.
So please just know that in a lot of ways your build has made an impact here in the great land of Australia.

Side bar... if you're a little hesitant about shipping and the price of parts... try shipping to Australia and having to pay US and GBP exchange rates for basically everything... sometimes it's not Pretty..
Hey dude!
Thanks you so much for your kind words! It really makes my day to know that this thread and the videos have helped people!
Ben is a legend! Super helpful chap! Just the type of person you need to make boyhood dreams come true!!
Awesome you're getting a pack! Will look forward to seeing the progress!
Yep, I can imagine the shipping is a pain to Aus! IndyTaz lives in Tasmania and just shipped some spacers to him! I feel your pain!! Lol.
Brads_gimmick liked this
By venkman69
Here the start to my charging plate. I've wired the charger extension and a toggle switch in line, so I can keep the battery on and 'switch on the pack from the plate. ImageImage
By venkman69
Finished the last few paint touches to the wand tonight and added some weathering. Again, used a sharpie and smugging it when wet. Repeated a few times. Happy with how it's come out! Took the weathering from Bill's GB2 pack photos that Demon Vice Commander took. They have been so helpful in the detail!
Added the clear tube covering to the wires underneath.
Hope you all like!ImageImageImageImageImage
Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]