Post pictures up of your Props, or a link to your prop gallery on Ghostbusters Fans.
By venkman69
Hey all!
Please excuse me if I've missed something really obvious here.
As I'm trying to work towards a GB1 Venkman Hero pack, can any one clear this up...
Which pack is his and are there any photos?
I know he wore the Spengler pack in the China town and outside spook central, due to the cable twist and blue label.
In the lobby scene right before he takes the elevator, it looks like he's got the omni pack on.
But is there a definitive answer as to the distinguishing features of his pack in GB1? I've looked all over and can't seem to find rock hard evidence. I've seen some amazing replicas, but don't know where they got there reference from. I've also seen the photos of his GB2 pack. Can't find any for his GB1 pack.
Again, sorry if I've missed something really obvious!
Cheers all for any help!
By Venkman's Swagger
As far as I'm aware there are no reference pictures of the Murray pack in its GB1 form. His GB2 pack is the Hero pack used in GB1 that had the GB2 characteristics added for the second movie. Most people use the GB2 reference pics mate
By venkman69
Venkman's Swagger wrote:As far as I'm aware there are no reference pictures of the Murray pack in its GB1 form. His GB2 pack is the Hero pack used in GB1 that had the GB2 characteristics added for the second movie. Most people use the GB2 reference pics mate
Thanks for clearing that up! Thought I was missing something there! As always buddy, you're a legend!
By Venkman's Swagger
venkman69 wrote:
Venkman's Swagger wrote:As far as I'm aware there are no reference pictures of the Murray pack in its GB1 form. His GB2 pack is the Hero pack used in GB1 that had the GB2 characteristics added for the second movie. Most people use the GB2 reference pics mate
Thanks for clearing that up! Thought I was missing something there! As always buddy, you're a legend!
You're welcome man. Glad I could help
By ccv66
How people figure some of this stuff out is amazing... So Murray only wore a proton pack for about 3-4 mins in Gb1 and I think part of that 3 mins he's wearing his pack that ended up being retro fitted for gb2, a stunt pack and I think some one said him and Ernie Hudson wore the " spenglar" (Anovos) pack. In gb2 the guys were all sharing one pack for one of the close up scenes, then Murray was wearing his padded pack and shots of him wearing a STANTZ semi hero. So I don't know how many different packs he actually ended up wearing for a total of 6 mins of film , but what ever pack you pick he probably only wore for a couple of mins from both movies combined. Sony can make Anovos call there pack spenglar, without any evidence of Harold Ramis ever touching it.. You can do what you like. It's unfortunate there's no good reference photos of gb1 packs. It would have been interesting to see what they started out like before filming and decades of abuse
By venkman69
ccv66 wrote:How people figure some of this stuff out is amazing... So Murray only wore a proton pack for about 3-4 mins in Gb1 and I think part of that 3 mins he's wearing his pack that ended up being retro fitted for gb2, a stunt pack and I think some one said him and Ernie Hudson wore the " spenglar" (Anovos) pack. In gb2 the guys were all sharing one pack for one of the close up scenes, then Murray was wearing his padded pack and shots of him wearing a STANTZ semi hero. So I don't know how many different packs he actually ended up wearing for a total of 6 mins of film , but what ever pack you pick he probably only wore for a couple of mins from both movies combined. Sony can make Anovos call there pack spenglar, without any evidence of Harold Ramis ever touching it.. You can do what you like. It's unfortunate there's no good reference photos of gb1 packs. It would have been interesting to see what they started out like before filming and decades of abuse
I did find this in my search...

http://marshall-arts.net/ProtonPacks/references.html

These photos were taken by Shawn Marshall and are some of the best I've seen as to reference for a GB1 pack.

Looks like the 'Ramis' pack.
ccv66 liked this
    Proton Props UK

Considering David orders most of the parts he do[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]