Here we are, a few pieces in. Screwed them together just to get a feel for it. Had a few issues of corners curling up on my print, even with a brim.
I'm hoping to keep updating this post as I proceed through the build. Photos will also be uploaded to my Google Photo Album found https://photos.app.goo.gl/HYZW8QhZPEzxAYRt5
My printer has been going nearly non stop for the last two weeks pumping out these parts. I've been screwing them together as a dry fit as I go. I need to buy proper screws and epoxy before I start gluing them all.
You can see progress below. The yellow represents an entire roll of filament I used up.
Next up is the Synchronous Generator and the Cyclotron.
Another week gone by and I've made progress on some of the bigger parts. I'm having work done on my basement so haven't had access to my printer most of this week. I ordered the necessary screws, so I'm just waiting for those. I also found the C-clamp for the ribbon cable while looking for something else at Lowes. Once I get my basement back in order, I'll start printing the few things left and move to some of the smaller resin printed parts. Still trying to decide how much I want to print vs buy the actual metal parts.
Quick update. All the big parts are 3D printed now. I merged the Booster Box in Windows 3D Builder and re-printed it as one piece since my other one was cracked. I've started filling and sanding some parts, but I need to wait for warmer weather to get outside and use filler primer.
I also started printing some of the little details with my resin printer. Printing all the Clipper valves, brass elbows, and Legris elbows in resin for now. I might replace the brass elbows with real ones later.
Of course, we need a pic of all the parts put together.
It's been a while. The parts are all printed, but it's still too cold out to paint, so I'm just waiting. Weather is supposed to warm up next week, so I'll hopefully to able to get some filler primer and more sanding done then. I've gotten most of the tubing and a GB1 ribbon cable. I got bored waiting, so decided to put it together with the tubing to see how it'll come together. So here it is in it's multi-color glory.