Post pictures up of your Props, or a link to your prop gallery on Ghostbusters Fans.
By Dave Smith
Dan AKA wrote:
Marsupial wrote:I might be wrong, but ain't making a replica of a police officer uniform a crime?
No, impersonating a police officer is a crime. He can own all of this stuff, but the moment he walks outside of his house with it on it is a crime, at here in the US, I'm sure it is in the UK as well.

Here in the UK u can wear a US police uniform and its legal as its classed as Fancy dress... BUT if u say you are a police officer then you may well be breaking the law then.

I wear LAPD to shows and the odd Fetish club and the police have no problem with it. BUT if in public and not at a show then the Gun and Baton stay at home !!

Hope this clears up some of the confusion..

I also have been told that its not an offence to wear say NYPD uniform in LA as its not a legal police uniform if you wearing it in another State ?
By Kingpin
Dave Smith wrote:Nylon webbing duty belt wasnt used with the olde style Light blue shirts. Its leather all the way.
I am aware, at the time it was one of the few options I had available to me, and although inaccurate, it did the job it was employed to do.

I wouldn't assume that "uniform worn in another state" rule to be true, I would assume it to still be as valid, just that it holds no juresdiction outside of New York.
By corolere
Job done for my two uniforms, one uniform for my wife, both from 1979 regulations to fits the car !

Check out our ghostbusters Quebec chapter for the complete story.

http://sosfantomesqc.forumsactifs.com/t ... t-nypd-car

It's in french but you can see the pictures ;)

pictures taken in june and july 2010, Im working on the car this spring to get it more accurate to NYPD; converting it to a Fury, will install my holy grail (better than a 1959 M&M !!) a Signal Stat Dual Comm lightbar from the NYPD !!!
By RPMs
I love those old Monacos/Furys. They were some great looking police cars. I'd like to get one to convert into a Hazzard County police car someday. Nice job on the build and uniforms (Kingpin as well).
By corolere
Here is few updates on my car:

Found the correct lightbar for 1978, correct siren also, added extra back lights, here is the car at the latest show:

With another GB fan!

Kingpin liked this
By kris king
I am also trying to create an NYPD uniform, i already have an LAPD and a NEW YORK STATE uniform. have you any pics of yours or even contacts where i might get replica badges made? any help would be much appreciated.
regards :cool:
By Kingpin
I'll need to re-upload my old photos, as the host dropped them a while back when it shifted to pay-only.

I'm not sure if the website I bought the badge from is still in operation, I think the last time I looked it up, it was gone. I'll take a look into things, though.
By Kingpin
ghostfan1919 wrote:How do you get a nypd uniform? the old one blue shirt?
I sourced most of it through eBay (the hat, the collar brass, the badge and accoutrements, the shirt), about the only items that weren't sourced online was the belt and trousers. The hat was a lucky find, as it was an action with two hats in it. The shield and matching cap badge were sourced from online badge makers who I think have now gone out of business. The collar brass was advertised as based on the television series Third Watch, though I've no idea if the person selling them at the time still does.
By Kingpin
ghostfan1919 wrote:Do you know if its possible to buy it on eBay still?
you dont want to sell yours? can pay alot
There may still be people selling replica badges on eBay, but I haven't looked in years. Typing "Replica Police badges" or "NYPD badge" or "New York Police badge" into eBay's search engine will get you started in finding one.

The costume's not for sale, and it's a bit silly to ask about buying it when you don't know the hat size or shirt size.
By Kingpin
The style of shirt was still popular in law enforcement and security until pretty recently (and probably still is as far as I'm aware). I believe one of the shirts I used for this costume was from the LawPro range, and that should get you some good results (though be sure to keep an eye out to make sure it's a version of the shirt with the shoulder straps, two chest pockets, and rip-stop stitching for the chest shield, some shirts don't have the stitching, which is always worth ensuring you've got in case some wise guy tugs on the badge).

I nearly forgot, but the shoulder patches should be easy to locate on eBay.
By ghostfan1919
i am 172 cm
and weight is 60 kg
what size should i try to find?
if someone helps me find someone that sells what i want and so on i can pay you 35 dollars as thank you for the help
By Kingpin
The websites selling uniform shirts should include some general measurements to allow for best fit, though for comfort I'd suggest going for something that may be a little on the baggy side rather than on the snug side.
Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]