For news, reviews, videos and general topics about Ghostbusters: The Video Game, and the newer apps on Android and iOS.
By RedVirtue
I'm open for the same developers. But I would want new publishers. A publisher that would release new content. New Maps and Equiptment for example. Not to mention patches when there are bugs.

A new game should definately have multiplayer on both Consoles AND PC. No excusses for them to be missing in the PC version whatsoever.
By ProtonCharger
i think it should have everything to do with gb3. BECAUSE IT WILL HAPPEN!
By Agent Gibbs
i expect the engine will be reused if a GB3 film emerges, as surely they will produce a game for it, they always produce tie in games these days, and when a perfect engine is already available it is just common sense they would use it. my problem is that movie tie in games often aren't good.

They can't have dialogue heavy parts in a game (unless its an MGS or final fantasy game, which balances it with gameplay) so they'd invent scenarios and missions for the game unrelated/loosely related to the film

so it could end up having a terrible story line, or not we'd need to see a GB3 movie to make an informed opinion on that

I just hope they fix bugs, provide support and for the love of god provide DLC especially if its already produced (like the levels seen for GB:VG and not released) that is just teasing us
By Agent Gibbs
Necromancer23 wrote:i hope you get to drive the ecto-1 like you get to in the ds version
you can what now?
maybe i should get the DS version
By DinkyInky
Soooo not fair! PC gamers are getting majorly jilted! No multiplayer, no driving the hot car...no female player...
By Dan AKA
Necromancer23 wrote:i know when you talk to any gamestop empolee or employer they say that pc gameing is a dieing breed BULL SHIT :walterpeck:
Our sales say other wise.
By DinkyInky
ProtonCharger wrote:thats because pc gaming is for nerds.
So I'm a Nerd...and your point is?

I've played and owned more games on the PC than ever I did on console, ranging from Zork on the old Commodore 64 to Diablo, Starcraft, Warcraft, Tomb Raider series...EverQuest...more than I have room to list. Most of the games were PC if I had the option, and I actually will shell out money for a PC game over a console game(since that console war with Sony Microsoft Nintendo began). I find myself unwilling to shell out cash for new consoles every few years. I'm more willing to slowly upgrade my PC to play my games.

A few random titles I do own for PS(My PS2 walked out on me, so tho I have games, they're not playable), or I borrow from friends.

So yeah...I'm a Nerd. Deal with it.
By CPU64
Gaming in general is for nerds. It doesn't matter if its on a PC or console, gaming is gaming.
Only variable here are closet nerds who think they're not.
...Where's my calculator...?
By ProtonCharger
thats where you're wrong. im not a nerd,dweeb geek or spazz.

im a slacker.
By GB Ty
Vigo should have a triumphant return. Filled with flash backs to his reign of Carpathia, and lots of back story. No rookie, instead it should have character customization. And please, no more Peck!
By Necromancer23
dan sorry if i insulted your work place i didnt know that you work at gamestop but at my game stop there is like one little shelf for pc games and everything else is console, and gb ty i think thats an exlent idea
By Interceptor9C1
Multiplayer free-roam capable.

Would be cool to drive the ecto out to calls around the city with other players on the same system. Actaully, doesnt even need to be another full game just and update
By JonXCTrack
As far as a storyline is concerned, they need to avoid any retreading on previous material. That means no Gozer, no Stay Puft, no Vigo, etc. They also need to allow for rookie customization.

One idea I had was the ability to "build your own franchise." You start off in a new location, say Chicago. Ray Stantz is helping you set up shop. Potential employees come through the door and each brings a unique set of skills. You have a budget and have to make a decision on who to hire and who not to hire. As you earn more money, you can add to your roster, add new equipment upgrades and so forth - all the while advancing the story. As a bonus, you can have your friends control the other employees via xbox live or PS3, similar to how you could advance your story with a friend in Resident Evil 5.

I'd also enjoy a bit of a role playing element in that the more ghosts you catch, the more experience you gain, which unlocks new abilities. While playing the story, there should be side missions that you can choose to go on that don't advance the plot, but do aid in upgrading your characters and equipment, as well as unlock achievements. In grand theft auto 4 for example, the racing you could do had nothing to do with the story, but if you finished something like 20 races in first place, you received an achievement for it.

Finally, each level you play should not be so linear. There should be multiple passageways to take, requiring you and your teammates to split up from time to time. This would add to the replay value because you could beat the same level different ways. Maybe include some sort of bonus for taking the most efficient route, for tracking down and capturing every ghost, or rescuing people trapped by ghosts. Or all three.

I think this idea works well because it expands on the Ghostbusters universe and yet it would require only Dan Aykroyd to reprise his role, rather than the entire original cast. This would give us as fans something new and fresh while at the same time not breaking the bank.
By axelghostbuster
i would like to see rookie costumization like create a Ghostbuster boy or girl,more equipment upgrades online multiplayer and maybe drive the ecto1 all over the city chasing ghosts all over the streets and trap,em with the super slammer!!!!! ^_^ :):cool:
By Adamclane99
I really think a GTA type Ghostbusters game would be awesome. It's not like it has to be a huge map like San Andreas or even GTA 4, but enough space to drive the Ecto over a bridge and have long, deep talks with Winston and Ray.

Having said that, I was more than thrilled with the first game and like Virtue said, just busting ghosts with the boys was more than enough. More of the same and I'm a happy camper.
By Master784
Necromancer23 wrote:Hey master i didnt know there was a topic already there are so many topics out there im sorry
don't be, im just letting u know
By elite_8_wolf
I think if they did a sequel to GB:TVG, it should follow the rookie. If you remember during the credits, Venkman mentions that Louis has been scouting locations, and the Ghostbusters offer the rookie a franchise deal. If they follow the rookie, it allows the game developers to have more creative freedom. The Ghostbusters have well established characters. We know this. If any of you have seen that wonderful fan film, Return of the Ghostbusters, the video game could essentially be like that, if done correctly.

As much as I love the GB fans, and the fandom in general, alot of us are reluctant to shy away from the established characters. In Dan Aykroyd's original vision was Ghostbusters being fairly common, like firemen. He imagined that the NYC GB's were just one sect of a larger organization. I love this concept. The extraordinary becomes mundane, and common. Mixing superstition with science.

Ramis, and Aykroyd could always write a bible, just like J. Michael Stracynski wrote for RGB back in the 80's. The game writers follow it, so the game doesn't stray too far away from the GB universe, and you have a new GB team that could possibly be ALMOST as endearing as the GB's we grew up with. Who knows? Maybe if they do that, we'll have more content released through DLC for a sequel.
The Video Game Lifegard

Chris Hunt in the Facebook Group 3D Printed Ghostb[…]

We're bringing you the latest updates to the GBFan[…]

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

This is awesome, One time. I love reading explanat[…]