For news, reviews, videos and general topics about Ghostbusters: The Video Game, and the newer apps on Android and iOS.
RedVirtue wrote:
GB_Wales wrote:deleted..
It's still there. Did you have trouble seeing it?
Lol, sorry, I had 2 tabs open with two different posts I had in mind to read, and replied on this post (the wrong one) about something related but not relevant to this post :P
Soz

I didn't know about the various bugs in the game and I have an NTSC copy from July too. The only problem I've noticed is that hardly anyone plays it in the UK any more, so I have to start playing quite late at night to catch the US players after they've got back from work! No doubt in my pursuit of the final achievements I'll come across some problems!
Whoa, where did people find those unused multiplayer maps? I want those so bad... Courthouse level with Scolari brothers would be awesome too! Is it too far fetched to hope that after all this time they're looking into issues because they're thinking about DLC? I can only hope.
VenomSymbiote wrote:Whoa, where did people find those unused multiplayer maps? I want those so bad... Courthouse level with Scolari brothers would be awesome too! Is it too far fetched to hope that after all this time they're looking into issues because they're thinking about DLC? I can only hope.
I believe it was deviantart...
VenomSymbiote wrote:Whoa, where did people find those unused multiplayer maps? I want those so bad... Courthouse level with Scolari brothers would be awesome too! Is it too far fetched to hope that after all this time they're looking into issues because they're thinking about DLC? I can only hope.
It was found on one of the developers resume:
http://www.herodgilani.com/pages/gozer.htm

Courthouse with Scoleri Brothers would be tight! But seeing how tight Atari has been with budgets (especially Patch and DLC budgets) if it isn't already a developed stage I wouldn't hold my breath for it. But I definately would like this!

There has been a nice steady flow of requests/concerns on Atari's thread. Keep 'em comin'! This is the first time I've ever seen an Atari rep ask for opinions on Ghostbusters The Video Game.
ChexGuy331 wrote:Gotta love how he doesn't say shit about PC.
He asked for opinions on the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions but absolutely no mention of the PC version. It really doesn't look like PC is getting any love/respect. Gotta feel for the PC gaming ghostheads.

I really hope they do take what you guys are saying seriously. Only because I am sure a lot of publishers try this method to test the water right now to see if they ever decided to put DLC out how popular this game is still? I have read most of everyones post's and I think everyone has awesome ideas. Especially some of you hit it right on the head I would love to see The Real Ghostbusters in the game and other maps as well. We all know this game didn't break massive records but it did well enough than expected considering we haven't had a Ghostbusters game since Genisis basically.

I really do pray both the developer and publisher listen to the fans especially considering the amount of Ghost Heads that are in this world HAHA.
What I don't get is that the things being mentioned that players want for DLC, the unreleased maps and face models, are already done. They're just sitting somewhere doing nothing. What's the point in that? Wouldn't they make more money by putting 'em out there even if only the hardcore fans bought it instead of just sitting on 'em indefinitely?

You get games like Little Big Planet which pump out DLC like crazy. Overpriced costumes, map packs that come with tools for creating maps that should have already been in the game to begin with, it's just sad. I know I should be happy that they aren't raping GB or the fans by doing such things. But when companies nowadays spit out a game and have DLC coming out less than a month after release to milk the consumer, I just get really ticked off. Especially when games like this, with a fanbase who would love some DLC, get none. The game is solid and great as is, don't get me wrong, but us GB fans have waited a long time for something like this game. We don't want it to just die off or fade away.

I guess another thing you'd have to think about as far as Ghostbusters and multiplayer DLC is being able to play with those who don't have it. Unless it was free and everybody who got online to play could simply download 'em, the rather small amount of fans (even if the players are vehement) could potentially make the amount of people to play together even smaller.

I'd really love either offline or online co-op of the main story, and selectable costume colors at rank GBotY(Rank 20). I don't know if there's some sort of limitation that keeps them from doing co-op on or offline, but there's always at least one other Buster with you. With exception to a times where the rookie goes off solo. Being unable to select jumpsuit color at GBotY doesn't really make sense either. At the very least make GBotY correspond to the RGB's costumes exactly. Perhaps I'd pick Pete once in a while. :p
VenomSymbiote wrote:I don't know if there's some sort of limitation that keeps them from doing co-op on or offline, but there's always at least one other Buster with you. With exception to a times where the rookie goes off solo
To be fair, there are many places where the Rookie is alone.
I realized after posting that he is solo more than just a few times, but not always for very long. That brings up the question: Why make him go it solo at all when there could have been co-op otherwise? Or just have there be two Rookies, like in the Wii version when playing co-op.
VenomSymbiote wrote:I realized after posting that he is solo more than just a few times, but not always for very long. That brings up the question: Why make him go it solo at all when there could have been co-op otherwise? Or just have there be two Rookies, like in the Wii version when playing co-op.
it's all about pacing and mood.

The game is intended to be a single player experience.

It's like when we initially had squad commands. It just felt wrong to be telling the other guys what to do.

At times it was also a performance issue. The GB characters are very expensive to render.

If anything, I think what would have worked is a single player story mode, and then a coop mode with the story stripped out.
That would have been fine with me. Another thing about multi is lack of bosses. Most Wanted ghosts, if stronger and immune to the OHKO Slime tether would be awesome. Well, if they showed up again after you've seen em once that is.

Bah, sorry if I sound nitpicky. I love the game, I just wish it'd keep evolving to stay fresh. Aren't you one of the devs, skanker? If so I don't mean to come off as bickering. The devs did a LOT of work staying true to the series and fans, and I really do appreciate that.
I've read that this could either be referring to the preorder bonuses, or the PS3 LBP / 360 Icon pack. While I think charging people to be able to customize their own console (where computers let you do it for FREE) is ridiculous, I'm still waiting for a No Ghost symbol to be added to PSN. Ain't gonna happen, but sigh at my inner hopeful Ghosthead. I do agree that if that's what the DLC comment is referring to it's a bit too vague. Notice that it also says co-op 2-4, which isn't false either but not what most would expect.
VenomSymbiote wrote:I've read that this could either be referring to the preorder bonuses, or the PS3 LBP / 360 Icon pack. While I think charging people to be able to customize their own console (where computers let you do it for FREE) is ridiculous, I'm still waiting for a No Ghost symbol to be added to PSN. Ain't gonna happen, but sigh at my inner hopeful Ghosthead. I do agree that if that's what the DLC comment is referring to it's a bit too vague. Notice that it also says co-op 2-4, which isn't false either but not what most would expect.
Yeah, it's all just a words game.

I recently bought a couple shooter games that had the same written on the back. Turns out they didn't mean coop through story mode but rather a separate coop mode all together.
Word games is a good term for it. It reminds me of George Carlins skit about food descriptions. All a bunch of fluff to catch your eye. At least they let you customize desktops on the PS3. Batman:AA theme (icon colors and sounds are kinda GB'ish) and personal GB wallpaper > Premium themes. :p

Skanker, since you seem to be watching the thread, do you know if we'll ever see new dlc for GB? The unreleased maps for example? I figure you can't say one way or the other, but was it ever planned? As a possibility at least.
VenomSymbiote wrote:Skanker, since you seem to be watching the thread, do you know if we'll ever see new dlc for GB? The unreleased maps for example? I figure you can't say one way or the other, but was it ever planned? As a possibility at least.
I can't comment on anything about that unfortunately.
Some said this to me in response:
Actually....we did get DLC...The gold prootn packs, the mayor, the ghoul, or the Ghostbusters 2 uniform....depending where you bought the game...also we got gamer icons.
I responded with:
I bought mine at target on the first day of release and I didn't know there was any promotions to begin with. I didn't get any of that promotional DLC that was limited to certain stores and in limited quanities. The back of the box still said there was DLC for my copy of the game. You also don't need to own the game at all to purchase the gamer icons. You can get them on the XBLA Store.

If the consumer buys a game today anywhere and it says "features DLC" on the back and there's no DLC to be available it's false. It's simple. It's the same as saying some other kind of feature is on the game but it isn't. For example, if your box says "local and online multiplayer" but one or both of those aren't in your copy would you feel that was an accurate discription? I think not.

If on some level they are only pretaining to the DLC for the initial release (at certain stores) of the game it shouldn't say "there is DLC available for your copy" in the rest of the copies. Everyday consumers wont understand why their box says there are features that aren't in their product. Pure and simple. If DLC was ment to only be implemented on those limited quanities it shouldn't be displayed on every box afterwards. A more accurate discription (but just as pointless) would be "DLC is available for other copies of this game".

To simplify my gripe: My box said I was getting DLC and I didn't get any. The same discription has always been in circlulation out there long after the promotion-code releases.

The guy then said:
I do not disagree with you, just being devil's advocate, that is probably what Atari would say any way..."Well you got all this promotional stuff to download..."

I completely agree it is crap that it says DLC and we get nothing as far as extras months after the games release...and people who bought the game later get no promotional stuff.
Look at it in one of two ways, whichever you prefer;

It's not included as a promised feature, but as a feature warning - ie, "This game is designed to have its content altered."

It doesn't matter if its innocuous or used a little or used a lot - it's a boilerplate inclusion by Microsoft as a simple legal protection.

You can thank anybody that ever sued because hot coffee burns and sugary foods are fattening...

and/or;

It's included to cover the possibility of content, which never got finished, but it legally satisfied by the pre-order exclusives (it says "game-content downloads" not "lots and lots of awesome game-content downloads")

Reality is it's a little of both.
castewar wrote:Look at it in one of two ways, whichever you prefer;

It's not included as a promised feature, but as a feature warning - ie, "This game is designed to have its content altered."

It doesn't matter if its innocuous or used a little or used a lot - it's a boilerplate inclusion by Microsoft as a simple legal protection.

You can thank anybody that ever sued because hot coffee burns and sugary foods are fattening...

and/or;

It's included to cover the possibility of content, which never got finished, but it legally satisfied by the pre-order exclusives (it says "game-content downloads" not "lots and lots of awesome game-content downloads")

Reality is it's a little of both.
Hmm. I could see it being either of those. But if it's "legally satisfied by the pre-order exclusives" that sucks. Because as I stated my purchase isn't in that catagory but the box still indicates there is downloadable content offered for my copy. But your other points/suggestions would tecnically override my point. :walterpeck:
The journey from commonplace to Ecto-75.

Whole car is great but the pack trolly...how?

Proton Props???

If anyone here is still pondering ordering from th[…]

I haven't done the new update to the Spirits Unlea[…]

I ended up grabbing one of the 84 wands just t[…]