For news, reviews, videos and general topics about Ghostbusters: The Video Game, and the newer apps on Android and iOS.
Replaying again and noticed they never touch on why Peck was giving off high PKE readings. They never state exactly why, to my knowledge, but I figure it was due to him being around the Mayor so much. Was that the case or was it because he had been possessed by a possessor?
I thought that before the fight against Ivo Shandor in the mausoleum, he revealed he was using Peck as a scapegoat or something like that. I took it he implied he was basically playing musical chairs and possessing either Peck or Mayor Mulligan when needed to carry on his manipulations.

Only other guesses is Peck was remotely possessed by Shandor like with Vigo and Janosz in GBII or after 7 years, residual readings could still be detected on him (ex. he was doused in Destructor Manifestation Residue after Stay-Puft/Gozer was defeated at the end of the first movie).
Peck was possessed when he entered the Ghostbusters' HQ and emptied the containment unit (again). We are to assume this is not the first time he was under Shandor's control.

I seem to remember a member of the development team state that there was more to this story, but it got cut out of the game for various reasons, leaving Peck's story arc somewhat in bits and pieces.
A lot of what you guys said makes sense, and figured it's how things played out. I was just curious if there was anything concrete about it or not. Shandor going back and forth between the mayor and Peck is something I hadn't thought about tho. For some reason I kept figuring if he was being possessed it was a possessor and not Shandor directly.
VenomSymbiote wrote:A lot of what you guys said makes sense, and figured it's how things played out. I was just curious if there was anything concrete about it or not. Shandor going back and forth between the mayor and Peck is something I hadn't thought about tho. For some reason I kept figuring if he was being possessed it was a possessor and not Shandor directly.
I tried searching through GBFans and the Ghostbusters Message Board and got nothing. I think your best bet is to send a private message to skankerzero and he might remember what kevinj319 was referencing.
I took a look at the v3 script on Spook Central and going to page 66, Egon does conclude "Peck was being controlled by someone else [Shandor]" I don't remember if this line was kept in the final draft and is spoken during that scene in the game, but it sounds like a remote possession rather than a standard local possession. Both giving off P.K.E. readings, though. I'm guessing Egon got high readings off of Peck, because it was Shandor's (a Class 7) P.K.E. surrounding him.

Sugarland Express.Very early Spielberg movie,it's […]

Also probably different release dates. USA[…]

I like the camo tint. This is the one tint I would[…]

Ghostbusters Day 2024

Even if Frozen Empire somehow made a billion dolla[…]