For news, reviews, videos and general topics about Ghostbusters: The Video Game, and the newer apps on Android and iOS.
By Kingpin
It says a lot that even five years after Ghostbusters: The Video Game was released that we're still discovering new tidbits, even if it's now at a trickle.

The deleted Thanksgiving Day Parade level is a well-known element of the game's production, having been intended to showcase the crowd mechanics which had served as one of the game's promo trailers, as well as providing a bit of video footage for one of the "action" trailers closer to the game's release.

Less known, however... is that Ray's Occult would've made a brief appearance during this segment.

Pictured with a work in progress of Ray's shop is a selection of parade floats and a stage from the deleted level which I found over on VGFacts:

rahum, Sutton621, SPJ liked this
Cool! I just replayed the game for the first time in a while and this level would have been so cool. I remember that crowd mechanics being heavily touted before the game was released but then we never really saw much of it.
Shame that this level was never finished, it seems like it would have been really fun to play. Ironically in the Nintendo DS version of the game their is a level at the Macys Thanksgiving day parade, although the possessed balloon you fight is a giant Turkey, rather than Blinkers the science pup.
Peter Venkman Jr. wrote:Shame that this level was never finished, it seems like it would have been really fun to play. Ironically in the Nintendo DS version of the game their is a level at the Macys Thanksgiving day parade, although the possessed balloon you fight is a giant Turkey, rather than Blinkers the science pup.
That level made it into the DS version? I really need to check that and the Wii version out someday.
Yes the Parade level is present in the DS version of Ghostbusters: The Video Game and is a little bit different then the aborted parade level for Xbox 360. Rather then detour through Ray's Occult bookstore, you detour though the sewers chasing the Chiarman ghost from the Museum level.
1991 was the 65th Macy's thanksgiving parade in NY.

Here are some images of that.

http://www.x-entertainment.com/thanksgi ... rade/1991/

Looks like they captured the feel pretty well without running into trademark issues on the parade floats.

Ps: it looks like the Scoleri brothers from GB2 were either in the parade or were mentioned.
    PKE Meter build project!

DO you have this files on sale?

Also, sorry I can’t answer the question, but[…]

There's some fun dialogue TV-edits, a replacement[…]

Thanks The_Y33TER ! Confirmation there's no elect[…]