For news, reviews, videos and general topics about Ghostbusters: The Video Game, and the newer apps on Android and iOS.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=733480
Terminal Reality, the Texas studio best known for titles including Nocturne, BloodRayne, and Ghostbusters: The Video Game has apparently shut down.

Jesse Sosa, a former employee and 10-year veteran of the studio, today wrote on Facebook that the studio "seems to have finally shut down."
Sad to see, always wished they could have done another Ghostbusters game. Hope the developers will get snatched up by other gaming studios.

Perhaps this means the devs could be free to share more art/reference pics though.
Fifthrider liked this
I was actually over at their old HQ back on August 31 and it is now occupied by a company called iPeople. I just happened to be in Lewisville and thought it would be cool to swing by there and see if they still had all those cool Ghostbuster banners hanging in their front lobby.

Skully liked this
What a shame. TR really dazzled us with how much effort and enthusiasm they put into the game. We'll never see anything quite like it again. I just wish they could have been given more passion projects instead of being shafted with liscensed stuff that was probably rushed so the owners could bank on it...
Skanker, we've all been dying to see any of your stuff for years. Sharing your files would be a tremendous Christmas gift.
John Stevens 87 liked this
I don't care what anybody says,Ghostbusters TVG was the best video game based off a movie hands down.The story was amazing,the game play was crisp,the graphics was dazzling...and oh yeah,you got almost all the freaking cast back all the way down to Ernie Hudson & William Atherton.You even got Mr.Boycott himself Bill Murray to associate with Ghostbusters after years of boycotting it.The online game play was also fun and i was lucky to meet some hardcore ghostheads who i'm still friends with today.Terminal Reality thank you for making Ghostbusters TVG a reality...and yes that was a pun just for you :)
ProtonCharger, Fifthrider, Gareee and 1 others liked this
skankerzero wrote:NR1:

TR left that building in 2011. They moved out by the Airport and were there until October of this year when they had to move out and find a smaller place.

GB did well for us. Everything went down hill after that.
Ah, I was not aware that they had moved. Thanks for the clarification!
Shame to see them go. If they were still around, they could easily have used assets from the old game for a new one with a up to date game engine. I'd have LOVED a sequel.

The walking dead game was probably the nail in the coffin that killed them off. With high priced licenses these days, one stinker can be a company killer.
Almost the whole industry is teetering on one bad game , game design cost way too much nowadays and the bubble is going to pop on the gaming industry sooner rather than later. If we don't see some dramatic paradigm shifts in the current generation ( ps4 , xbone) the industry as a whole might very well collapse on it self
Skank, whatever surprises you can come up with will be greatly appreciated!

And yep, Spider. Games today are long on production, and in many cases, short on gameplay. They can't decide if they want to be single player, or multiplayer, so they do a bad job trying to include both in a release. or they decide to be hoity toity and make the main focus of a game delivering a story, not actually a good interactive playing experience.

Bioshock Infinite if a good example of that, The gameplay was middle of the road, but the story and production values were good. Combined though, you have a middle of the road game with little replay value.

There are of course standouts, but there are SO many iffy titles out there just not worth the original retail cost (Deadpool, Star Trek, Colonial Marines, ect.)

And sadly the prices drop like rocks making many (like me) just wait a few months for a 75% savings.

I see Ubisoft on the list of players for Sony 30th anniversary partners. Man, I'd SO like to see them deliver a new GB game!
Gareee wrote:Colonial Marines
To me, Colonial Marines was another Ghostbusters: The Video Game... an authentic jaunt around in a familiar universe, only undermined by the title not getting the financial funding it deserved.

Try the Stasis Interrupted downloadable content if you haven't already, it helps give extra gameplay and shows what the main campaign could've had if they'd had a bit more time/money to work with.
The Ghosthunters were supposed to be in the game.

Originally they were supposed to be the two guys in the elevator after running from Stay Puft. (The two people in the elevator became Sony execs instead).
I can't remember why they were not put in the game, but here's a picture of them in the flight suits for Vs mode.

Someone had asked for high res pictures of the Proton Pack back when I posted the pics of Ecto.

Here is the best I can do. The Proton Pack is a strange beast that can only really work properly in-game.

I took some high res images of it in it's fully upgraded mode.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/702 ... n_pack.rar
John Stevens 87, Kingpin, mrmichaelt and 2 others liked this
skankerzero wrote:Someone had asked for high res pictures of the Proton Pack back when I posted the pics of Ecto.

Here is the best I can do. The Proton Pack is a strange beast that can only really work properly in-game.

I took some high res images of it in it's fully upgraded mode.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/702 ... n_pack.rar
Cheers mate,really hope we have more Easter eggs from you soon :)
Dang, man. You should really just start your own thread for this stuff. It'd be great to have it all in one place.
Skankzero: Thanks for sharing what you have and what you may in the future.

Mac Users: if you're using a Mac and want to see these files from downloading, you will need an app that can read RAR files. If you don't have one already, RAR Expander (which may be in beta) was recommended by Cnet. I downloaded it earlier, did the quick install, and was able to view the folder named proton_pack.
PKE Meter build project!

DO you have this files on sale?

Also, sorry I can’t answer the question, but[…]

There's some fun dialogue TV-edits, a replacement[…]

Thanks The_Y33TER ! Confirmation there's no elect[…]