For news, reviews, videos and general topics about Ghostbusters: The Video Game, and the newer apps on Android and iOS.
http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/1966 ... -inc-back/
For a change of pace from recent delistings, a game has resurfaced on Steam’s list of games. Ghostbusters: The Videogame has come back to the platform, hinting at a possible return of the game's publisher, Atari Inc.

Originally released in 2009 to coincide with the movie’s anniversary, Ghostbusters: The Videogame has itself had a troubled development history. It was produced as if it was the 3rd movie in the series, with Dan Aykroyd and Harold Ramis involved in writing for the game. The project was even able to finagle most of the actors, including the four original Ghostbusters as well as Max Von Sydow, to share their voices and likenesses to the project.

The game was originally to be published by Sierra Entertainment, with cooperation from Sony, and snagging Terminal Reality as the developer. The project stalled when Sierra’s parent company Vivendi was involved with the acquisitions that led to the creation of Activision Blizzard. Finally, in 2008, Infogrames announced that Atari, Inc. was to be the game’s publisher, with Sony taking care of publishing in its own platforms in North America.

Ghostbusters: The Videogame hit Steam on June 16, 2009, and was delisted from Steam (and only Steam) in the middle of 2012. And then last year struck, seeing Atari, Inc file Chapter 11 in January, and Terminal Reality itself (presumably) close its doors in December.

Looking at the Steam page, Atari is still listed as the game’s publisher. Although we don’t have enough info from the company, it is possible that Atari spent the year clearing up their financial concerns, and are now in a good enough position to put the game back up on Steam. We welcome any news from Atari, Inc, the company originally known as GT Interactive, that they are back in shape to publish new games.
Not sure what this means, maybe they are prepping for the 30th anniversary too?
brad84 liked this
Wow that sucks. Normally the PC version of a game has more options and customizable mods. Then again I know this game was built for Xbox/ps3.
jackdoud wrote:I have the PC version. No multiplayer, no more then one career at a time, if you go back and play any section it deletes all your progress after that point. You can play the game but that's about it.
Yeah, lack of multiplayer always annoyed me. Would have loved to play as one of the actual Ghostbusters.

Oh, another thing - this was made mostly out of sc[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

Is anybody making Slime Blowers that would fit the[…]

Beautiful!! I'm getting this even if finances don[…]

Super helpful thanks. I will read properly when […]