For news, reviews, videos and general topics about Ghostbusters: The Video Game, and the newer apps on Android and iOS.
By gold333
I noticed there are more lines of dialogue in the wii version is that right?

Like after Peter says, youve got the little monsterr breathing hard, in the bar mitzvah slimer level, on the wii he says:

"Ok see, he's right where you want him.. Release your stream"

Not on the pc.

Also on the pc venkman says "you've got the little monster breathing hard", and then "..his sorry crater of a butt in a trap"

On the wii, he says, "if you wanna wear him out faster, bang him around the room a little bit...... Doesnt that make you feel better?"

When venkman goes, "can someone call winston and tell him his night off has oficially ended, in the wii version Ray goes: "Janine is paging him", on the PC no dialogue comes after that.

Or when the rookie is told how the pke meter works venkman goes enough with the education, etc.

After some busts on the wii, Murray says:
"Take a tip punk, dont mess with the men in beige" on pc he doesnt.

After the fisherman first flies through the hotel on the wii venkman goes "that guy looks lost' ...ray wait by the fridge". On pc nothing.

Im sure the wii version has more dialogue, just look at online walkthroughs. The story somehow makes more sense with the added material. Its like the dialogue was recorded primarily for the wii storyline and parts of it cut to fit the pc/xbox/ps3 storyline.

I wonder why?
By skankerzero
it wasn't that.

There was a TON of audio recorded. Multiple takes, unique instances for both 360/ps3 and the Wii, filler, etc.

Both teams had different cinematic directors. Some lines were used, others were ignored due to timing.
By gold333
skankerzero wrote:it wasn't that.

There was a TON of audio recorded. Multiple takes, unique instances for both 360/ps3 and the Wii, filler, etc.

Both teams had different cinematic directors. Some lines were used, others were ignored due to timing.

The only thing is that the story is more complete when the additional lines are incorporated. Far more like a third film. If you notice on the "realistic" versions 80% of the dialogue in gameplay (not cutscenes) is from the GB's to the rookie. It does not feel natural/movie like. On the Wii version it is far more naturally balanced, with them talking to each other aswell.

Also with all the complaints that Venkman didn't say much, on the Wii Bill Murray says almost twice (gags and one liners) as much as the "realistic" versions of the game.

I'm really holding out hope that the PC version of this game can get a second life someday, as it looks to be the only release that can be modded..and with computers these last few years it looks like any cheap computer /laptop could run it at full settings, and even console owners would be able to play it on their pc/laptop (using an xbox 360 controller if desired). the price of the game is low enough to buy as many copies as you want.

Modding Missing levels is really tough I assume,.....

But how hard would it be to mod the PC version to include the additional lines of (a.o. Venkman) dialogue?

From a coding standpoint it would seem (to me atleast) to consist of just inserting flags calling lines of audio inbetween current existing flags. If the audio called by the flag is longer than the time from the flag to the end of the cutscene it should be called after the cutscene (during resumed gameplay), if not, it should be called immediately.

Or to play it safe the extra audio could only be called in after the end of a cutscene (during resuming of gameplay) that way any lipsync issues would remain (much less) important.

Am I wrong? Thats all I can think of but I am not a real coder. Just a guy trying to get nice things to happen :)

It would be like a GBTVG: Complete Cut or similar.
By skankerzero
Audio is a tricky beast.

In theory it should be as easy as adding flags and firing off audio, but I know there is more to that. I know Tommy still lurks this board, so perhaps he can chime in on setting up audio in game.

But yeah, there was tons of audio recorded and each team used what they did based on the experience they wanted the player to have.
By M.Thunder
I know it'd never, ever, ever happen, and not just because Harold Ramis and Bill Murray refused to be even in the same room for years, but if they could have been in different rooms with attached microphones, WHAT IF....

Three out of four characters were born out of improvisation. What if you'd gotten Bill Murray, Dan Akyroyd, Harold Ramis, and Ernie Hudson in a room, given them the game script (broken down by story-beats) and said, "now run with it."

Pandemonium, absolute chaos, dogs and cats living together, "mass hysteria!" No control. Probably none of it would have been usable. But...damn, would it have been incredible to behold. You can't buy talent like those guys had. You can't fake it either. All you can do is try and capture it.

Bill Murray talked in an interview about how every few years or so, Sony would host a round-table that'd get them all in a room together (with Rick Moranis, Annie Potts, and who knows who else), see how hilarious the room got, and leave panting, salivating, and wanting to talk about nothing except a new Ghostbusters movie. THAT was where the magic was. Not the gadgets, the fighting ghosts with lasers, or the saving the world... though those help. But the show was those guys, in a room, interacting. Egon, Ray, Peter and Winston.

It's sad to think, with Ramis dead, one key part of the magic formula is gone forever.

... I just looked at a calander. Ramis first got sick in May of 2009. That's a month (or less) before the game went on sale. I think this would make this game his last completed project. :cry:

We miss you, Mr. Ramis.
By M.Thunder
pferreira1983 wrote:They had round table discussions? How come these aren't on You Tube? I never knew about these cast interviews.
As far as I know, they didn't. I was just letting my imagination run away with me.
By gold333
Bump this old thread.

It would be awesome to patch this game to enable all included audio.
By 80sguy
M.Thunder wrote:I know it'd never, ever, ever happen, and not just because Harold Ramis and Bill Murray refused to be even in the same room for years, but if they could have been in different rooms with attached microphones.
If I remember correctly, none of the actors recorded together. Harold recorded his dialog in Chicago.
gold333 wrote:Bump this old thread.

You can't patch what isn't there. Added to that, most of what was recorded would be alternate takes on dialog or whole deleted scenes. It wouldn't and couldn't fit into the game even it was done.
By gold333
80sguy wrote:
M.Thunder wrote:I know it'd never, ever, ever happen, and not just because Harold Ramis and Bill Murray refused to be even in the same room for years, but if they could have been in different rooms with attached microphones.
If I remember correctly, none of the actors recorded together. Harold recorded his dialog in Chicago.
gold333 wrote:Bump this old thread.

You can't patch what isn't there. Added to that, most of what was recorded would be alternate takes on dialog or whole deleted scenes. It wouldn't and couldn't fit into the game even it was done.
No no, you misunderstood.

The wii version of the game has certain scenes exactly the same as the realistic versions.

Its just that the realistic version plays out the scene with 3 lines of dialogue, whereas the stylized version plays it out with 5.

E.g. PC: "Can someone tell Winston his day off has ended?"

Vs.

Wii: "Can someone tell Winston his day off has ended?"

"Janine is paging him right now"

Or the first time the fisherman ghost goes flying by the Gb's, on the PC they say nothing.
In the stylized versions Peter says:

"Ray, that guy looks lost,..... Wait by the fridge"

All the scenes make more sense with the total audio as opposed to the "reduced" audio dialogue.

Also notice how in non cutscenes in the realistic version all audio spoken by the three original Ghostbusters is aimed at the rookie, whereas in the stylized versions they speak to eachother aswell. That makes it feel more like a third movie. This game really needs the look of the realistic version and the audio of the stylized version combined.

The audio is there, I'd bet it's in the pc game files and if not Skankerzero probably still has it.

it just needs to be flagged.
By 80sguy
gold333 wrote:The audio is there, I'd bet it's in the pc game files and if not Skankerzero probably still has it.

it just needs to be flagged.
[/quote]

Um yeah, you would still need to animate the scenes for the additional lines of dialog or it won't synch.
By gold333
80sguy wrote:
Um yeah, you would still need to animate the scenes for the additional lines of dialog or it won't synch.
That's why I said in my third post that the flag would need to take cut scene durations into effect or be played after the cutscene. Lipsync in non cutscene gameplay would be outweighed by having a more movie like experience. When you are running around you are not looking at lips.

At the moment my interest would be what sorts fo[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

I know very little about Five Nights at Freddy's […]

Doug Keithley/sponge face/Ghostlab42 made a excell[…]

Did it come out today? Ugh the art is so bad tho[…]