For news, reviews, videos and general topics about Ghostbusters: The Video Game, and the newer apps on Android and iOS.
By SSJmole
Sony recently got Spider-Man on ps4 exclusive just after Infinity wars but before new Spider-Man movie filled with spiderverse costume in dlc , gone coming , infinity war ect... As it's great branding.

PS5 rumoured to launch in 2020 they would need a big named game for it. They own Ghostbusters I.p obviously. There was rumours Sony was looking to do a big destiny like game in the future

Add it all up and I was thinking with new movie they might do a Ghostbusters one. It's part MMO and uses dlc , Ghostbusters has enough versions to include gear , costumes ect... Of real , originals , ATC , comics , extreme ect.. villians like stay puft could easily be raid bosses ect.. and as Ghostbusters like most games you can easily do lots of made up ghosts ect... Destiny uses vehicles so various Ectos ect..

Is this wishful thinking or possible ? Lol
By SSJmole
mrmichaelt wrote: January 18th, 2019, 5:23 pm It feels like a pipe dream considering the games that came after Ghostbusters: The Video Game but there's always hope.
That's true.
However I feel Sony are desprate enough now to do it as they want the brand to be huge again. Plus with ps5 launching they need a big up. But yeah most likely a pipe dream.
By mrmichaelt
SSJmole wrote: January 18th, 2019, 7:03 pm However I feel Sony are desprate enough now to do it as they want the brand to be huge again. Plus with ps5 launching they need a big up. But yeah most likely a pipe dream.
I've heard good things about that Spider-Man, so you could onto something. Insomniac Games may what it takes to work on a new Ghostbusters game. But in terms of this PS5 launch, GB never occurred to me.
By timeware
I'm iffy on games that come out along side movies. Usually they happen to be rushed, or very glitchy. I would love to see them do an open world Ghostbusters Game similar to Grand Theft Auto where you can develop your own character under the guidance of the cast. Branch out your own franchise, vehicles etc.
If there is one planned i'm sure they already have shopped around for what game studio gets to develop it. If they do it right they can add DLC from all movies and cartoons. SInce the film comes out in 20 it gives whatever studio some decent time to work on it.
By CosmoBubba
I’d be happy if they just ported the 2009 game to the current consoles so I can play that super-fun online multiplayer again. I know Atari declared bankruptcy and Terminal Reality went out of business, but a boy can dream.
By SSJmole
mrmichaelt wrote: January 18th, 2019, 7:14 pm
SSJmole wrote: January 18th, 2019, 7:03 pm However I feel Sony are desprate enough now to do it as they want the brand to be huge again. Plus with ps5 launching they need a big up. But yeah most likely a pipe dream.
I've heard good things about that Spider-Man, so you could onto something. Insomniac Games may what it takes to work on a new Ghostbusters game. But in terms of this PS5 launch, GB never occurred to me.
It's amazing I love that Spider-Man. Dlcs arena little short but the main game is amazing and photo mode became really huge. I highly recommend you try it it's great
By SSJmole
timeware wrote: January 18th, 2019, 7:29 pm I'm iffy on games that come out along side movies. Usually they happen to be rushed, or very glitchy. I would love to see them do an open world Ghostbusters Game similar to Grand Theft Auto where you can develop your own character under the guidance of the cast. Branch out your own franchise, vehicles etc.
If there is one planned i'm sure they already have shopped around for what game studio gets to develop it. If they do it right they can add DLC from all movies and cartoons. SInce the film comes out in 20 it gives whatever studio some decent time to work on it.
Completely agree. That's why I'm hoping it's like if it happened like Spider-Man or batman Arkham or mad Max , it'd be unrelated to the movie besides been Ghostbusters. It might re-construct the ideas of the original but in new ways , be a sequel to the PS3 game post franchises or something so like you said it can be worked to release 2020-2021 and just be a good game with new movie stuff added later
By timeware
Keep the streams crossed they'll do a decent job with it. What I'm most interested in about the new DVD's coming out over the next few years if movies like GB20 or the games will make available 3D files for purchase in order to print. It's really going to change the cosplay scene.
By SSJmole
GBfan77 wrote: January 19th, 2019, 9:58 am If there is a new game, I hope it's not another Sanctum of Slime clone.
I agree though I will say the 2016 game that's similar is actually much much better I wouldn't be 100% opposed if they put in effort and improved on that either more. Like say :
-Every buster from TV movies and comics
- big cinematic cutscene that actually look really good
- lots of variety on levels
- more RPG elements to level up your heroes

I guess I'm saying take the 2016 one that Improd the format (but was over priced) and add more elements from marvel ultimate alliance (though bonus points if it's IDW ultimate alliance so it's Ghostbusters , star trek , transformers , ninja turtles and more lol hell an idea smash Bros would be awesome based on properties lol)
By SSJmole
Alphagaia wrote: January 19th, 2019, 12:32 pm I want a point and click game a la walking dead with the occasional action when you need to capture a ghost that has an important background.
If they do I highly recommend Supermassive Games. Until dawn series they made has humour but also really good horror , great motion capturing and the choices are much more in depth and matter I feel than most. It was like watching a horror movie and I got invested in characters (so mad my favourite died as I made her go to help her friend screaming in basement. Open basement and nope the monster was doing an impression to trick her so I let a monster in lol) I say series as the VR game is good of rush of blood (rail shooter but really great if you played first you realise it's genius) and a vr prequel called The Inpatient , that one is like a VR version of the point and click games, it also has a cool feature on that one you can use your voice to pick the options , so you feel more immersed because you actually said the thing and therefore you feel like the character which is cool.

They also did Hidden Agenda which was great also. Same thing but cop story and use your phone to pick stuff and look for clues as game is on TV via ps4
By Ectojeff88
Microsoft brought the 2009 game to compatibility with XBOX ONE which was amazing in itself. Sony just can't get themselves interested in compatibility of PS3 games unless it uses PS Now streaming. I definitely feel there will be something to release around GB 2020, but whether it will be a full console game it's not likely. At the very least there will likely be some updates to Ghostbusters World on the mobile side.
By philmorgan81
Well according to Gameinformer the game was deep in development in 2006 then it was announced in December 2007 Gameinformer set for October 2008 release, then Activision who were publishing the game dropped the title which delayed release. Then Atari picked it up and Sony decided to release the game to coincide with the 25th Anniversary of the first film. This gave the game designers more time to put some polish on the finished game. I think it was well worth the wait. :):):)
deadderek liked this
By SSJmole
Ectojeff88 wrote: January 21st, 2019, 11:03 pm Microsoft brought the 2009 game to compatibility with XBOX ONE which was amazing in itself. Sony just can't get themselves interested in compatibility of PS3 games unless it uses PS Now streaming. I definitely feel there will be something to release around GB 2020, but whether it will be a full console game it's not likely. At the very least there will likely be some updates to Ghostbusters World on the mobile side.
I think that might because of https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/ ... fringement

Maybe part of the suit Terminal Reality insisted that got put on there to generate more money

Also how sad is they made ghostbusters which was perfect only to make The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct a few years later that's completely shit
By Slimered
I think we'll definitely get a new game, and hopefully it'll be better than the tie-in game to the 2016 reboot looked. I was so disappointed to find out that game didn't feature the actual Ghostbusters from the film.

Personally I'd love to see a full-fledged LEGO Ghostbusters game for consoles, covering Ghostbusters 1-3 and Answer The Call. The Level and Story Packs for LEGO Dimensions were a lot of fun, and I think a proper LEGO game based on the franchise would have bags of potential.
SSJmole liked this
By SSJmole
Slimered wrote: February 1st, 2019, 4:58 pm I think we'll definitely get a new game, and hopefully it'll be better than the tie-in game to the 2016 reboot looked. I was so disappointed to find out that game didn't feature the actual Ghostbusters from the film.

Personally I'd love to see a full-fledged LEGO Ghostbusters game for consoles, covering Ghostbusters 1-3 and Answer The Call. The Level and Story Packs for LEGO Dimensions were a lot of fun, and I think a proper LEGO game based on the franchise would have bags of potential.
Agreed on both. I actually enjoyed the 2016 game for what it is was (I think I posted my review on it in its thread) but there is no reason not to use the actual characters as you face ghosts they faced throughout (though I am annoyed by the trailer showing stay puft who's not in the game)

And yes a full Lego one is a dream game as I've said before.
By Slimered
SSJmole wrote: February 1st, 2019, 5:51 pm
Slimered wrote: February 1st, 2019, 4:58 pm I think we'll definitely get a new game, and hopefully it'll be better than the tie-in game to the 2016 reboot looked. I was so disappointed to find out that game didn't feature the actual Ghostbusters from the film.

Agreed on both. I actually enjoyed the 2016 game for what it is was (I think I posted my review on it in its thread) but there is no reason not to use the actual characters as you face ghosts they faced throughout (though I am annoyed by the trailer showing stay puft who's not in the game)

And yes a full Lego one is a dream game as I've said before.
So many unlockable characters too. It would make for one of the greatest LEGO games.
SSJmole liked this

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]