For news, reviews, videos and general topics about Ghostbusters: The Video Game, and the newer apps on Android and iOS.
Kingpin wrote: June 13th, 2019, 2:13 am Not every game works or needs to have a co-op campaign, those wishing to bring a buddy along for Ghostbusting can use the multiplayer part of the game.
To be fair Ghostbusters absolutely should. I love the PS3 version I really do but co-op made me love Wii more.

Look at the franchise. It is always about a group of friends coming together to become Ghostbusters. Love it or hate I'm not starting that debate but even Answer the call had a group of friends.

Friendship and working together is always a core part. My only complaint of the PS3 one was lack of co-op. It's like when I see teenage mutant ninja turtles games where it's 1 player I'm like "no! Should be 4" but a game like God of war or Spider-Man doesn't need it. But Ghostbusters ? Absolutely should be co-op.

Note I'm not saying they'll patch this to be it or they will update it. But I'm saying a Ghostbusters without co-op is missing a key fundamental part of the franchise
NotSabbat, Dr.D liked this
80sguy wrote: June 12th, 2019, 9:24 pm
Slimered wrote: June 12th, 2019, 4:23 pm
I don't see it with the dialogue. It works fine with characters still referring to 'Rookie' singular.
Yeah, because only acknowledging one person when there are two isn't awkward at all. Telling that one rookie to do this by yourself when there is another one with you. I'm not saying it'll be a huge deal, but is noticeable when instances come up. Again, this happened with the Wii/PS2 version. The dialog is clearly written to be directed at one person, not two.

Also again, the game play will have to tweaked to accommodate a second player. The creators even explained why they wanted to keep it single player.
Slimered wrote: June 12th, 2019, 4:22 pm
Actually, it was reported elsewhere on this forum that they are considering adding local co-op to the campaign mode.
I looked through this thread, and there is no mention of the developer wanting to add that. No other sites report it either.
Maybe not on this thread but I definitely remember somebody mentioning it somewhere on the forum.
Kingpin wrote: June 13th, 2019, 2:13 am Not every game works or needs to have a co-op campaign, those wishing to bring a buddy along for Ghostbusting can use the multiplayer part of the game.
Actually, I'm a firm believer that every game should because as somebody who has a very strong relationship with his brother I find it pretty annoying when I can't play games with him.
CPU64 liked this
Slimered wrote: June 13th, 2019, 4:24 pm
Actually, I'm a firm believer that every game should because as somebody who has a very strong relationship with his brother I find it pretty annoying when I can't play games with him.
Ok, but a strong relationship with your brothers means nothing in this scenario. I have a strong relationship with friends, but that doesn't mean I wish all games to be two player. Just because you believe all games should be two player, doesn't mean it should be that way. There are a lot of games that are designed to be single player. Trying to add another player means they'll have to rethink things to accommodate a second player, potentially effecting the game. A lot of first person shooters are meant to be single player.

Grandtheft Auto? How are you gonna make the story a two player co-op game?

Final Fantasy or any RPG game? And I'm not talking about multiplayer online games, any RPG where the story is focused on one characters journey.

What about Resident Evil? It's a solo survival story. Granted there is a usually another character in that game, but they venture off on their own and meet with your character during certain events, so adding them a second player option won't work. Also, ammo in the game is scarce, does that mean they have to add more so the second player can get more? Way too many variables here.

Not everything can be two player. It doesn't matter if you believe it should, some games were just not designed to be that way.
To be fair as I said Ghostbusters as a franchise is about the group , I.e friendships. People go to cons in groups , all the movies were group , extreme and real were groups , comics were groups

It lends its self to co-op so much like tmnt , there are games with no co-op but why? That's not what people want.

As for resident evil multiple games have had co-op lol I agree RE doesn't need it. But Ghostbusters does.

Like looking at old properties I'd say He-man doesn't , Star wars doesn't , Spider-man doesn't , batman doesn't. Ghostbusters does , tmnt does , power rangers does , avengers does.

I love the Ghostbusters realistic version game but with out co-op a big part of the heart of the series was gone imo it's why Wii is my favourite despite being a technically Wesker version.
Co-op worked pretty well in the Wii/PS2 version of GBTVG and I think it could work well in this version too. I figured that, since you are always accompanied by at least one other Ghostbuster on each level, they could just allow someone to play as them.

I'm not expecting it though. I think overall this game with be a higher resolution port with any bugs that were in the original version removed and that will be it.

That said, if they are going to rebuild online mode from the ground up, then there is a chance that they'll add co-op too.

One other thing, I was replaying the game recently and re-remembered the Dorito's product placement ina few levels. I have to assume that wont make it to the HD remaster, unless Dorito's renewed their contract to keep it in the game.
What about the Lost Island level, when the Rookie falls into the pit, and has to rescue Winston, Egon, and Peter? A large portion of that section the Rookie is by himself until he rescues Winston, How could they do Co-op for that level?
One time liked this
I can't really see them going to the effort of creating Story Mode Co-op, when they are rebuilding the Multiplayer mode from the ground up.
Wafflerobot wrote: June 22nd, 2019, 10:33 pm Co-op worked pretty well in the Wii/PS2 version of GBTVG and I think it could work well in this version too.
That version of the game was specifically made with the intent of having a second player. The PS3/X-Box360 version wasn't.
Wafflerobot wrote: June 22nd, 2019, 10:33 pmThat said, if they are going to rebuild online mode from the ground up, then there is a chance that they'll add co-op too.
Not really. One thing doesn't effect the other. They probably would have had to rebuild the online mode regardless because of code changes for playing online since the original game. It doesn't mean they'll add co-op. Plus as stated, making the game co-op would require a lot more work to game's engine, probably a lot rebuilding too. I doubt they're gonna spend that, this pretty much looks like budget re-release to hype up next years film.
Adding an Interactive Louis Tully to the firehouse would be pretty neat :whatever:
NSGhostbusters wrote: June 23rd, 2019, 11:27 pm What about the Lost Island level, when the Rookie falls into the pit, and has to rescue Winston, Egon, and Peter? A large portion of that section the Rookie is by himself until he rescues Winston, How could they do Co-op for that level?
Easy... have "Rookie player 1" and "Rookie player 2" after the cut scene both of them end up in the same place... Its like any other game that a has split screen offline or online story mode co-op option. The game makers dont change the Single player game at all its simply a Player 2 avatar is added in there to tag along with Player 1
Wafflerobot liked this
80sguy wrote: June 24th, 2019, 7:19 am
Wafflerobot wrote: June 22nd, 2019, 10:33 pm Co-op worked pretty well in the Wii/PS2 version of GBTVG and I think it could work well in this version too.
That version of the game was specifically made with the intent of having a second player. The PS3/X-Box360 version wasn't.

It was, but honestly, I don't think there were any differences between playing that game in co-op or single player mode. They just added a second player into the game. They didn't add any extra objectives or enemies when there were two of you and it still worked/was fun.

Although I agree with you that a game should be built from the ground up to have a decent co-op, such as its level design and how many enemies are on screen for it to really work well, I still think the HD version of the game would be fine.

I say this because you normally have at least 1 Ghostbuster with you anyway and there are rarely times when you just battle 1 ghost outside of bosses. The levels are large enough to accommodate two characters at the same time because, again, you normally have one other character with you anyway. So in a way the game was designed for there to be more then one Ghostbuster catching ghosts in one area. The only difference now would be that a human is controlling one of them.
80sguy wrote: June 24th, 2019, 7:19 am
Wafflerobot wrote: June 22nd, 2019, 10:33 pmThat said, if they are going to rebuild online mode from the ground up, then there is a chance that they'll add co-op too.

Not really. One thing doesn't effect the other. They probably would have had to rebuild the online mode regardless because of code changes for playing online since the original game. It doesn't mean they'll add co-op. Plus as stated, making the game co-op would require a lot more work to game's engine, probably a lot rebuilding too. I doubt they're gonna spend that, this pretty much looks like budget re-release to hype up next years film.

I honestly would have expected them to not bother with online mode at all with this port. It's not remembered as anything amazing and I think next to nobody was playing it a couple of months after the game was released. They even completely omitted it from the PC release. So the fact that they are working on multiplayer for this port and building it from the ground up it shows that its possible that more is going into this game then just a standard re-release. I'm just saying there's a chance though, I'm still 99% under the impression this game won't have a co-op mode added in.
mrmichaelt wrote: June 29th, 2019, 8:06 pm The retail release might be a Gamestop Exclusive...
https://ghostbustersnews.com/2019/06/29 ... exclusive/
I've seen this happen with Bendy and Hello Neighbor, which is an odd idea to limit physical copies to begin with. Anyway, I think it's too late to suggest this idea to the remaster team, but a player customization tool is my dream mechanic for this game. Ya know, change it to resemble yourself, Chris Farley, or Megan Fox, but ya get the idea. Games like Saints Row and even friggin Sonic Forces got this tool, why not the Ghostbusters remaster? Just throwin' ideas out there.
mrmichaelt wrote: July 4th, 2019, 5:19 pm Front covers. No surprises there. And the release date is still not released.
https://ghostbustersnews.com/2019/07/04 ... -revealed/
Nice boxarts. I'm aiming for the Switch version as soon as I buy a Switch for myself. ^_^
mrmichaelt liked this
GameStop finally put up a release date! The remaster is set to come out on October 4th.
RedSpecial wrote: August 1st, 2019, 1:57 pm Hopefully they'll release some footage using a scene where its easier to see any upgrades they've made.

A side by side comparison would help, too.
I admit I'm not the best at that lol I played resident evil HD remake and went "thus is exactly how I remember it" only to realize later when I saw the psone game that nostalgia had made me remember it waaaaay better lol.

So with Ghostbusters HD remake even if it's much better I'll probably be the guy thinking "yes it looks exactly like I remember" it's rare I notice
RedSpecial liked this
RedSpecial wrote: August 1st, 2019, 4:53 pm I'll be the same honestly, unless there's a direct comparison I'll probably only notice if the textures are clearer or more detailed.

You are probably right. I am no expert on this stuff but, judging by that 30 second clip of footage they released yesterday, it seems to look about as good as the PC version from 2009.

Which means it has an improved resolution over the Xbox 360 version which ran at 720p and big improvement over the PS3 version which originally ran at 960x540 and then had it bumped up to 1024x576 with a later patch.

The other thing is the 60fps frame rate. I am unsure if the original PC version ran at 60fps but the console versions certainly didn't so that'll be a very nice improvement too.

On a side note, do we know if the PC release of this is permanently exclusive to Epics launcher? I am hoping it comes to Steam at some point down the line. In the meantime I'd probably buy it for the Switch around the same time Luigi's Mansion 3 comes out, which is also like playing as a Ghostbuster lol
Proton Props UK

Considering David orders most of the parts he does[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]