For news, reviews, videos and general topics about Ghostbusters: The Video Game, and the newer apps on Android and iOS.
Folks,

Not posted since ATC, but still reading! I'm sharing what I scraped off the internet. Found a brief comment on the PlayStation blog from the game's producer Matt McKnight: https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019/05 ... this-year/
We’re incredibly honored and excited to announce Ghostbusters: The Video Game Remastered will be launching on PS4 in 2019. All of the in-game videos and cutscenes were found on a hard drive in storage from one of the original creators and remastered in 4K. The great storytelling and audio has all been preserved while enhanced textures and lighting complete the package.

Suggests no new content, but a solid framerate at a high resolution with more lighting effects (and no janky PC controls - can we have proper mouse support please?) will still get my money.
mrmichaelt, robbritton, Sav C and 2 others liked this
Do you guys think that we might get all 3 of the Pre-Order DLC’s from the Original Release of the game?
Slimered wrote: June 4th, 2019, 4:19 pm so it's logical to assume the same will happen here.
It depends on the studio handling the remaster, on what content they've received from Terminal Reality, and what they're willing to work on. It'd be good if the DLC content is included, and the noted bugs have been fixed... But don't automatically assume it'll be released for the remaster.
80sguy liked this
One funny is that the second I saw the trailer for the Remaster, Howard Huntsberry's version of "Higher and Higher" began playing in my head, then I thought the people cheering in the crowd during the Statue of Liberty sequence in GB II represents how we all feel about this amazing game getting a Remaster. :) lol
Slimered wrote: June 4th, 2019, 4:19 pm
NSGhostbusters wrote: June 4th, 2019, 3:23 pm Do you guys think that we might get all 3 of the Pre-Order DLC’s from the Original Release of the game?
The LEGO Harry Potter Collection did that with its DLC, so it's logical to assume the same will happen here.
Just because one re-release had DLC, doesn't mean this will. Nothing is a guarantee, only a possibility.
Kingpin liked this
Cause it seems like this week and next week are the "heaviest" weeks as far as celebrating the 35th anniversary goes. The DLC for Planet Coaster came out yesterday, the Ghostbusters retrospective on Reelz was shown this past Sunday, and the new 4K GB 1 and 2 set comes out next Tuesday. So I was hoping the game would come out next week. :)
Slimered wrote: June 6th, 2019, 4:19 pm Halloween seems more likely. Because...ghosts.
Sure, but the release date choice has to be strategic. They will likely avoid late October because there's a Call of Duty releasing around then. They might go late September to avoid Borderlands 3 that comes out middle of the month or early October.
robbritton liked this
mrmichaelt wrote: June 7th, 2019, 3:01 am
Slimered wrote: June 6th, 2019, 4:19 pm Halloween seems more likely. Because...ghosts.
Sure, but the release date choice has to be strategic. They will likely avoid late October because there's a Call of Duty releasing around then. They might go late September to avoid Borderlands 3 that comes out middle of the month or early October.
A Ghostbusters game would kill Call of Duty. Who would go for Call of Duty when you can pick Ghostbusters?
Slimered wrote: June 7th, 2019, 4:36 pmA Ghostbusters game would kill Call of Duty. Who would go for Call of Duty when you can pick Ghostbusters?
Pretty much all of Call of Duty's fans. Ghostbusters: The Video Game is a great game, but it doesn't have the pull that CoD, or the FIFA games have.
Kingpin wrote: June 8th, 2019, 1:35 am
Slimered wrote: June 7th, 2019, 4:36 pmA Ghostbusters game would kill Call of Duty. Who would go for Call of Duty when you can pick Ghostbusters?
Pretty much all of Call of Duty's fans. Ghostbusters: The Video Game is a great game, but it doesn't have the pull that CoD, or the FIFA games have.
Not to mention it's niche cult status; Ghostbusters, as a video game, is it's own different beast with it's paranormal themes and gameplay wise will never be like CoD.
The budget for Ghostbusters: The Video Game was around $30-40 million, maybe up to a 100 for cast and marketing costs. It took about a year and a half to break even. In the same year, 2009, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 cost around $200 million and made $310 million in 24 hours. By January, Call was at $1 billion in sales.

In 2018, Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 made $500-750 million in 3 days.

When I said they have to be strategic about when the release the TVG Remastered, that's why I said it.
mrmichaelt wrote: June 8th, 2019, 4:53 am The budget for Ghostbusters: The Video Game was around $30-40 million, maybe up to a 100 for cast and marketing costs. It took about a year and a half to break even. In the same year, 2009, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 cost around $200 million and made $310 million in 24 hours. By January, Call was at $1 billion in sales.

In 2018, Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 made $500-750 million in 3 days.

When I said they have to be strategic about when the release the TVG Remastered, that's why I said it.
And how much did GTA V score in the first week? ...Look, everyone loves the big titles, and everyone loves Ghostbusters... But not everyone is on our level with the GB franchise (comparable to any franchise really) :whatever:

Slight GB reference here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sg9I4x77O8
(the video is pretty cool too ;-) )
back wrote: June 8th, 2019, 5:12 am And how much did GTA V score in the first week? ...Look, everyone loves the big titles, and everyone loves Ghostbusters... But not everyone is on our level with the GB franchise (comparable to any franchise really) :whatever:
Point. But since it's only been 10 years, we'll have to wait another 25 years for them to add the good stuff to TVG. :P
Slimered wrote: June 7th, 2019, 4:36 pm
mrmichaelt wrote: June 7th, 2019, 3:01 am Sure, but the release date choice has to be strategic. They will likely avoid late October because there's a Call of Duty releasing around then. They might go late September to avoid Borderlands 3 that comes out middle of the month or early October.
A Ghostbusters game would kill Call of Duty. Who would go for Call of Duty when you can pick Ghostbusters?
The Ghostbusters game is no where near the popularity of Call of Duty. Hell, the Multiplayer PS3 serves were shut down after a few years due to lack of players.

I love the franchise, but you gotta realise we're pretty niche compared to some of the others out there.
Kingpin wrote: June 8th, 2019, 1:35 am
Maybe FIFA, but Ghostbusters is a bigger brand than Call of Duty.
Im hoping for there to be a story mode multiplayer option I was pretty bummed about that 10 yr ago and its actually the reason I didn't buy the game back then. I did buy a digital copy 2 yr ago for Xbox 360. the servers are still up and people do still play.
SockableClaw liked this
Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]