For news, reviews, videos and general topics about Ghostbusters: The Video Game, and the newer apps on Android and iOS.
By GBDRE760
Hey guys, so today I got my hands on a physical copy of the Ghostbusters game from Game Stop for my Xbox One. In the very first part where you have to go into the basement after Slimer and the Sloth Ghost that escape from the containment unit (the part where Ray is basically giving you a tutorial on how to play) I couldn't tether the ghost and actually slam him around. It was as if the Sloth Ghost stayed pretty much in one spot. In order to get passed that, I had to keep sliding the trap out until I got one under him. Anyone else have that issue?

A few other things I have noticed is that the level of volume between the voices of the characters isn't really consistent. I noticed that during the elevator cutscenes in the hotel.

Right now I have my day off from the college (although I do have work to do), but I picked it up since I preordered it and I am giving it a little playthrough. If I notice anything else, I will report back here.
NSGhostbusters liked this
By GBDRE760
Well guys, I just beat the game. I love it. The remastered textures are really nice on the current consoles. I think the only beef I have with it is what I mentioned above. I didn't notice any other glitches or anything after those things. I wonder what the online mode will be like when we finally get that update.

Some interesting things about the remastered version....
- On the old one for the 360, the loading screen featured a GB logo and a rotating proton pack while you hear the theme song. In the new remaster, the loading screen is just a black screen with the GB logo and tips at the bottom that change. There is also no GB theme song, just silence.

- The beginning logos to the game are presented with silence which I felt was odd and it caused me to turn up and down my tv wondering what's going on, lol.

- I love how the game starts with "In Loving Memory of Harold Ramis" right after the GB song plays in the opening sequence.

- There are some extra videos that are unlocked including the behind the scenes of the game, a video of the Ecto 1 being restored which I think is on my blu ray, the commercial footage from the first movie, the trailer of the first movie, and a blu ray commercial. It was for the blu ray that came in the blu box which is unfortunate because I feel it was a missed opportunity to have an exclusive commercial for the 35th anniversary steel book.

- The Ghostbusters song by Ray Parker Jr. is played once in the beginning and once in the end.

To me there were some good and bad points but overall it is GREAT. The textures look a lot better and truthfully I feel like for the most part, the mechanics of the remaster work a lot more smoothly.
I’m jumping on this thread even though I’m playing on PS4. Wanted to share my thoughts.

Only up to the end of Sedgewick, but I’m reminded how much this game was a dream come true ten years ago and in many always still is. What the remaster does is nail the feeling of busting ghosts. 60fps makes a huge difference to the experience. More than I was expecting. I could play this game all day and not get bored (indeed I’ve finished it five times before and never used more than the basic proton stream and slime gun).

Technically it still has issues. Seems to me like many of the in-engine cutscenes are running at 60fps but animated at 30fps and the effect is often jarring. There are occasional frame skips when there’s a lot going on which is shocking for such an old game. Maybe I’m just getting old but it seems harder than it used to be.

And yes the intro logos are all silent and there must be ten of them to sit through. Feels unintended. And the Harold Ramis tribute is so shoehorned in that it cuts the audio of the credits short. Lazy port but the quality of the original game shines through.
You are absolutely right! And also, I think the framerate is what is making the mechanics of the game seem to be working so well. I didn't even think of it that way. And yes your right, I didn't think of some of the cutsenes that way. Also, I think you are right. I think the game has gotten harder. In the graveyard stage with the possesed stone angels, I don't recall it being as hard on the original as it is in the remaster to slime tether those things down to the skulls on the gate to get the gates to open. For some reason I was ambushed by a bunch of the animated headstones during that part and I don't really recall those being in that area of the original. I could be wrong though. I still have the original, maybe I will give it a play through sometime, lol, but then it is like why when we have this GREAT remaster, lol. That scene though was actually harder to me to beat than the very last guy.
GBfan_CH liked this
GBDRE760 wrote: October 4th, 2019, 5:20 pm Hey guys, so today I got my hands on a physical copy of the Ghostbusters game from Game Stop for my Xbox One. In the very first part where you have to go into the basement after Slimer and the Sloth Ghost that escape from the containment unit (the part where Ray is basically giving you a tutorial on how to play) I couldn't tether the ghost and actually slam him around. It was as if the Sloth Ghost stayed pretty much in one spot. In order to get passed that, I had to keep sliding the trap out until I got one under him. Anyone else have that issue?

A few other things I have noticed is that the level of volume between the voices of the characters isn't really consistent. I noticed that during the elevator cutscenes in the hotel.

Yes, I have had this happen to me during the tutorial as well. I had to reload the checkpoint. Also the voices during the Non CG Pre-Rendered cutscenes are abnormally loud. (loud enough to the point to cause the audio for the voices to start clipping) (Also is it just me? but I think that these problematic cutscenes need some color correction. lol) One thing that I kind of find unacceptable is that the loading screens in this new version of the game are much longer, than they are in the original version of the game. (Its kind of jarring) I have been playing this game on the original model of the Xbox One. :cool:
GBDRE760 liked this
GBDRE760 wrote: October 6th, 2019, 6:35 pm You are absolutely right! And also, I think the framerate is what is making the mechanics of the game seem to be working so well. I didn't even think of it that way. And yes your right, I didn't think of some of the cutsenes that way. Also, I think you are right. I think the game has gotten harder. In the graveyard stage with the possesed stone angels, I don't recall it being as hard on the original as it is in the remaster to slime tether those things down to the skulls on the gate to get the gates to open. For some reason I was ambushed by a bunch of the animated headstones during that part and I don't really recall those being in that area of the original. I could be wrong though. I still have the original, maybe I will give it a play through sometime, lol, but then it is like why when we have this GREAT remaster, lol. That scene though was actually harder to me to beat than the very last guy.
The Stone Angel gate has always been cursed. lol I always just use the capture stream on the Stone Angels and slam them into the gate. (Its way easier and it takes less time, then if you were to use the slime tether on them. Despite the fact that your teammates want you to use the slime tether. lol
GBDRE760 liked this
By GBDRE760
NSGhostbusters wrote: October 9th, 2019, 9:15 am
GBDRE760 wrote: October 4th, 2019, 5:20 pm Hey guys, so today I got my hands on a physical copy of the Ghostbusters game from Game Stop for my Xbox One. In the very first part where you have to go into the basement after Slimer and the Sloth Ghost that escape from the containment unit (the part where Ray is basically giving you a tutorial on how to play) I couldn't tether the ghost and actually slam him around. It was as if the Sloth Ghost stayed pretty much in one spot. In order to get passed that, I had to keep sliding the trap out until I got one under him. Anyone else have that issue?

Yes, I have had this happen to me during the tutorial as well. I had to reload the checkpoint. Also the voices during the Non CG Pre-Rendered cutscenes are abnormally loud. (loud enough to the point to cause the audio for the voices to start clipping) (Also is it just me? but I think that these problematic cutscenes need some color correction. lol) One thing that I kind of find unacceptable is that the loading screens in this new version of the game are much longer, than they are in the original version of the game. (Its kind of jarring) I have been playing this game on the original model of the Xbox One. :cool:
I agree with you on this one
By GBDRE760
NSGhostbusters wrote: October 9th, 2019, 9:24 am
GBDRE760 wrote: October 6th, 2019, 6:35 pm You are absolutely right! And also, I think the framerate is what is making the mechanics of the game seem to be working so well. I didn't even think of it that way. And yes your right, I didn't think of some of the cutsenes that way. Also, I think you are right. I think the game has gotten harder. In the graveyard stage with the possesed stone angels, I don't recall it being as hard on the original as it is in the remaster to slime tether those things down to the skulls on the gate to get the gates to open. For some reason I was ambushed by a bunch of the animated headstones during that part and I don't really recall those being in that area of the original. I could be wrong though. I still have the original, maybe I will give it a play through sometime, lol, but then it is like why when we have this GREAT remaster, lol. That scene though was actually harder to me to beat than the very last guy.
The Stone Angel gate has always been cursed. lol I always just use the capture stream on the Stone Angels and slam them into the gate. (Its way easier and it takes less time, then if you were to use the slime tether on them. Despite the fact that your teammates want you to use the slime tether. lol
It's so funny, I never thought of doing that, lol. I guess I heard "Kid, use the slime tether" and I'm like "Ooookkkkayyy!" :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I will for sure keep this in mind on my next playthrough

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]