This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

As reported previously, the official release of Randy Edelman's score was set to go ahead for June 11th, before it ended up being delayed by the Covid-19 pandemic.

However there is a fresh breath of good news for Ghostbusters fans, as listings which have started to appear on Amazon now indicate the release date for the CD and digital copies as August 13th, and October 15th for the vinyl version of Edelman's orchestral score.

In addition to that, the listings have also revealed some tidbits about the music tracks: that three of them have been re-recorded for the release, and one which was previously unreleased.

As a final tidbit to whet collectors' appetites, Edelman has uploaded a preview of the score to his YouTube Channel, which can be listened to above.
Wafflerobot liked this
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

Kingpin wrote: July 9th, 2021, 11:17 am

As reported previously, the official release of Randy Edelman's score was set to go ahead for June 11th, before it ended up being delayed by the Covid-19 pandemic.

However there is a fresh breath of good news for Ghostbusters fans, as listings which have started to appear on Amazon now indicate the release date for the CD and digital copies as August 13th, and October 15th for the vinyl version of Edelman's orchestral score.

In addition to that, the listings have also revealed some tidbits about the music tracks: that three of them have been re-recorded for the release, and one which was previously unreleased.

As a final tidbit to whet collectors' appetites, Edelman has uploaded a preview of the score to his YouTube Channel, which can be listened to above.
Holy shit that rendition of the GB theme song is AWESOME. It totally reminds me of RGB. Why didn’t they use that??

I do love the GB2 score. The big heroic theme is so great. When Lady Liberty smashes the skylight of the museum? I get so pumped. What I love about the 2 scores is that they take the material seriously. Granted Bernstein did create that awful funky disco theme for the GB’s that was never used(can you imagine how dated that would’ve made the movie? It honestly could’ve ruined it).

Reitman is really great at creating these huge moments. Think of the “Grab your sticks, make em hard!” Bit in GB1 and the “come on! Let’s run some red lights!” Then in the sequel “I love it when you rough house!” And the music builds and builds. As a kid it was soo exciting!
JediJones liked this
Strange how this track doesn't continue with the courtroom attack. I like hearing the unused cues though. The track names are very unlike the kind fans created for the bootlegs. I just hope the entire score is included. Gonna preorder this ASAFP!
Hi guys,
By chance does anyone have what their opinion of the order the tracklist should be? The album art seems to be all out of order. I thought it looked like this. I could be completely wrong but I thought I'd ask. Any suggestions?
2 a baby carriage meets heavy
3 Venk 6th street strut
4 Order in the count
9 Scoleri brothers
5 he's got cart eyes
6 the sensitive side of dana
10 oscar is quietly
12 one leaky sewer
14 good with kids
8 rooftop broom kidnap
11 a slime darkened
15 enlightenment
1 a few friends save manhattan
7 in liberty's shadow
13 Vigo's last stand
16 family portrait/finale
Oh man, that Statue of Liberty cue is AMAZING.

However…there’s a lot of repeating music on here. And I dont mean repeated themes or motifs, I mean copied and pasted. Also, It’s weird how choppy it is. It’s definitely not a good album just as a listening experience. But it’s great to finally have. There are tracks that say they are one thing but are completely different, tracks that don’t have the music in the film as presented in the film. But who cares! We finally have this awesome score without the sound FX. Oh and unreleased cues! How cool is that!?

Great time to be a Ghostbusters fan
twmedford23 liked this
I've been cross-posting this in a few places today, this is the order I came with for the score only:

S2 - A Baby Carriage Meets Heavy Traffic (2:01)
S8C - Rooftop Broom Kidnap (2:42-End) [Rename to "No More Parties"]
S14 - Good With Kids (1:23)
S15 - Enlightenment (1:32)
S9A - The Scoleri Brothers (:00-:59) [Rename to "The Verdict"]
S4A - Order in the Court (:00-:2:09.4)
S13C - Vigo’s Last Stand (2:05.65-End) [Rename to "Carpathian Kitten Loss"]
S4B - Order in the Court (2:09.4-3:05.5) [Rename to "Bath Time"]
S9C - The Scoleri Brothers (1:20-End) [Rename to "Suck in the Guts (Alternate)"]
S4C - Order in the Court (3:05.5-End) [Rename to "She Cleaned"]
S8A - Rooftop Broom Kidnap (:00-:38) [Rename to "Asking Janine Out"]
S11B - A Slime Darkened Doorway (1:16.8-End) [Rename to "Developing Photos"]
S11A - A Slime Darkened Doorway (:00-1:16.8) [Rename to "River of Slime"]
S9B - The Scoleri Brothers (:59-1:20) [Rename to "No Reservations"]
S8B - Rooftop Broom Kidnap (:38-2:42) [Rename to "Rooftop"]
S7 - In Liberty’s Shadow (3:48)
S13B - Vigo’s Last Stand (1:15.9-2:05.65) [Rename to "Janosz is Hosed"]
S5 - He’s Got Carpathian Eyes (2:34)
S13A - Vigo’s Last Stand (:00-1:15.9)
S16 - Family Portrait / Finale (:00-1:29.86)
S1 - A Few Friends Save Manhattan (2:01)

Unused/Newly Composed Tracks:
S16 - Family Portrait / Finale (1:29.86-End)
S12 - One Leaky Sewer Faucet (1:13)
S3 - Venkman’s 6th Ave. Strut (3:06)
S6 - The Sensitive Side of Dana (4:08)
S10 - Oscar is Quietly Surrounded (4:23)

S14 is tracked into a few other areas and the fanfare from S7 is also heard elsewhere. Many of the tracks are alternates of some sort. The only reason S9C is marked as an alternate is because it is 100% different from what was heard in the film but the instrumentation heard is similar to pieces from that section. The finale of S16 is heard on S1 with a piano track preceding it that is unheard in the film.

For another list including where the songs would be placed, go here:
https://chrono-score.blogspot.com/2021/ ... -1989.html
Kingpin, twmedford23 liked this
I'd imagine all this weirdness happened because of all the cues Warner Brothers lost. Edelman has tried to edit what they could retrieve into something cohesive, without much thought to those of us who have the movie placement imprinted on our souls. And why should he, really? He's the artist and it's up to him how he presents his score.
robbritton wrote: August 13th, 2021, 2:23 pmAnd why should he, really? He's the artist and it's up to him how he presents his score.
Artists aren't always the best curators of their own work. As we've seen with various music acts, the songs that are most personal to them aren't always the most commercially successful... And the most commercial can often have little significance to the band, sometimes the joke songs end up being part of their best effort... But in compiling a "best of", they might stick on a bunch of songs the fans don't care for, whilst missing off the ones they're best known for.

I've personally never understood the "jumblization" of score tracks... People hear them in a certain order when they watch the movie... Why is it so hard to put them in the same order on the CD release?

Listening to the score now... I think Edelman's best work on it is in the scary riffs, dramatic beats, and the "heroic" pieces... The "lighthearted, pedestrian-comedic" pieces however are where I feel the score falls most flat... They're just no competition to Elmer's Ghostbusters theme.

Still, all things considered... I'm glad this came out, and that I bought it (even if the CD jewel case cover on mine was cracked, and the liner notes were badly stapled together).
Kingpin wrote: August 14th, 2021, 9:27 am
robbritton wrote: August 13th, 2021, 2:23 pmAnd why should he, really? He's the artist and it's up to him how he presents his score.
Artists aren't always the best curators of their own work. As we've seen with various music acts, the songs that are most personal to them aren't always the most commercially successful... And the most commercial can often have little significance to the band, sometimes the joke songs end up being part of their best effort... But in compiling a "best of", they might stick on a bunch of songs the fans don't care for, whilst missing off the ones they're best known for.

I've personally never understood the "jumblization" of score tracks... People hear them in a certain order when they watch the movie... Why is it so hard to put them in the same order on the CD release?

Listening to the score now... I think Edelman's best work on it is in the scary riffs, dramatic beats, and the "heroic" pieces... The "lighthearted, pedestrian-comedic" pieces however are where I feel the score falls most flat... They're just no competition to Elmer's Ghostbusters theme.

Still, all things considered... I'm glad this came out, and that I bought it (even if the CD jewel case cover on mine was cracked, and the liner notes were badly stapled together).
I get what you're saying, I was admittedly riled by a lot of entitled Facebook "this is awful it's all in the wrong order and missing tracks Edelman is a hack!" when the reasons for the missing tracks had been discussed by the composer himself with regret. It's just with my musicians hat on, when you're dealing with archival stuff sometimes you make decisions to represent the art that others may not agree with, but you have to feel as happy with the release as you can yourself. Personally, I'd rather it'd follow the chronology of the film, it's just that I understand why the decision may have been taken not to do that.
    Proton Props UK

Considering David orders most of the parts he do[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]