In a weekend already flush with Ghostbusters announcements, Ghost Corps have announced that costume company Spirit Halloween will retail a licenced wearable replica of the Proton Pack, featuring light and sound.

Additional products being produced by the company included an inflatable Stay Puft the Marshmallow Man costume, and a 17" Slimer replica.

Spirit Halloween's Proton Pack is aimed to hit the $69.99 retail mark, and is expected to go on sale in time for Halloween 2017. The Pack can already be pre-orderedfrom the Spirit Halloween website. For more photos, please visit the Ghost Corps Facebook gallery.
GBfan77, Desslok liked this
Some additional technical details for the Pack:

•The straps are adjustable
•The Pack is 22" tall, 12.25" wide, and 6.5" deep.
•The electronics run off of three AA batteries, not included. The pack features flickering lights in the Power Cell, Cyclotron, gun barrel and curiously, one of the silver side knobs on the thrower. The lights appear to flicker in parallel to the sound of the Proton Gun firing.

It looks like the Cyclotron, and possibly the Proton Gun have lighting features. It looks like the Power Cell may just be a static sticker.
ccv66 wrote:You can still order it
It was sold out a few hours ago though, they just added more. I messaged them about it when it said "sold out" and got a reply about an hour later (which was lot quicker than I expected lol). They're selling pretty fast. Ordered mine right away.

Honestly, it looks pretty good. Definitely better the one we got last year. Makes me glad I held out.
ccv66 liked this
jnichols1081 wrote:is there any video showing the lights/sound?
Yes, look on the Ghost Corps Facebook profile and you'll see it.
I may pick one up since my pack is nowhere near finished just to have a pack of any kind to carry. Was measuring my Alice frame and I think it would do a decent job filling it but just wondering if there will be a way it can be mounted to the frame. Also wondering if the thrower can be flipped around to hand correctly. Looks like it could since it is just a peg that it attaches with.
Too early in the morning meant to hang correctly.
The thrower can be flipped around so it is in the correct configuration, it mounts via an unusual round "peg" configuration, a bit like a enlarged version of how the Proton Guns mount to the Playmobil Proton Packs - rather than a hook or Velcro setup:

I'd actually suggest to anyone buying it that they may wish to modify it so that the Proton gun hangs via a hook rather than the manufacturer's option.

Here's the video on Ghost Corp's facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/ghostcorps/vid ... 839124796/
redfive1973, Ectoboy16 liked this
It's amazing what difference a year makes. Last year's offering was that mushy, sorta melted looking classic pack. Too bad it's only 80% scale and the thrower is only about 65%. But if someone were to put some effort into making it more accurate, fixing some of the the more noticeable flaws and gutting the electronics it would make a great kids pack or pack for a petite woman. Looks kind ridiculous on a man especially with how small the thrower is.

Also odd choice of speaker placement.

Speaking of Rubies packs did the foam reboot one ever happen or did it quietly go away when the movie didn't take off?
Kingpin wrote:The thrower can be flipped around so it is in the correct configuration, it mounts via an unusual round "peg" configuration, a bit like a enlarged version of how the Proton Guns mount to the Playmobil Proton Packs - rather than a hook or Velcro setup:

I'd actually suggest to anyone buying it that they may wish to modify it so that the Proton gun hangs via a hook rather than the manufacturer's option.

Here's the video on Ghost Corp's facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/ghostcorps/vid ... 839124796/
I know it's not released yet but any idea of an easy effective way to do just that? I'd much rather there be a hook there than the peg, but I also don't want to damage the thing trying to add one. I guess not a great question to ask until it comes out next month huh?
Easiest way would be to either cut off the peg and mount the hook directly to the bottom plate on the Proton Gun (which I presume is the battery compartment), and mount a corresponding plate with the other half of the hook to the Pack, or mount a plate with half of the hook to both elements.
Change the ribbon, little paint, print some stickers, red sharpie color in the cyclotron, silver sharpie \paint for weathering and some Alice shoulder straps. It look pretty nice for what it is. Probably fit your frame better than a full pack and definitely alot more comfortable to wear
I've ordered one. As mentioned above, a few little mods here and there and it'll be great. I'm planning on taking it to cons for kids to wear to pose for photos.

My only really bugbear with it is that cyclotron lights don't appear the go around and the position of the speaker is just awful. What ever possessed them to put it there!
Croker wrote:the position of the speaker is just awful.
One man's speaker is another man's imaginary heat exhaust port. Ordered mine already. Since I have an ALICE pack frame just sitting in storage, I figure its a perfect opportunity to have a decent pack. A few minor mods and her power cells will have a half-life of 5000 years, easy. I'm 5'6 so the pack size is actually perfect for me.
Croker liked this
I'm going to be modding these with Alice frames, adding a genuine Clippard and filling in those ugly speaker holes. Already purchased textured paint, hammered black and a whole slew of other materials to get these looking as close to screen accurate as possible.

I can already see some areas that will need a lot of work. The filler plug being molded onto the wall below the PPD is really setting off my OCD :D That will have to be removed, filled and replaced with a proper tube. I may remove the fake fittings and add genuine ones the same way I added real Clippard valves to my Matty wand.

The booster frame looks to be too much of a hassle to remove and correct so I may just add some more accurate bolts.
Male V-hook will be added. I'm definitely going to add the texture to the cyclotron/crank generator. Need to get that Ion arm looking more screen accurate. Gah...so much to do.
Hmmm. I wonder if there's a way to get that cyclotron looking thicker. They bizarrely flipped the thickness in that area with the cyclotron looking to thin while the area between the cyclo and the crank generator is way to thick.

I couldn't figure out what was throwing me off before. It looked really flat initially. Now I know why.
AlexC wrote:Hmmm. I wonder if there's a way to get that cyclotron looking thicker.
Not without substantial modification.

I think that there is a degree of wiggle room with these where they can be modified to look more accurate, but at the end of the day it's still just a toy, and you have to consider if some possible mods are worth the time and effort. :)
Proton Props???

Ugly Little Spud, Did you actually get the pack?[…]

Just seen this thread add me JudgeGerry to London

Proton Props UK

I would like to apologise to everyone for the dela[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

How feasible would it be for Hasbro to release &[…]