DarkSpectre wrote:I placed an order last weekend and haven't got any sort of update email.
If memory serves me, the last time I was on the Spirit Halloween website it was giving an estimate of "expected to ship on or before" the 16th of October, based on that I doubt anyone who's ordered recently will be hearing anything this side of October.
Spirit has a promotional code right now to save20%/ $14.00 off it; "CART17". Also when I visited the page it popped-up an offer of 20% off a single item by getting their newsletter. According to their FAQ promotions don't stack though :-( But either might help someone depending on if they've purchased from Spirit before.
Kingpin liked this
GK45 wrote:Yeah, I don't expect room to be an issue.
Just working out the electronics and wanting to know how many LEDS to fill the bar.
A 12 LED kit would work. I recently bought one from ebay for our slimeblower.
My biggest question is has anyone used their MATTY WAND and found a way to connect it somehow? I know you'd need an 1/8" headphone jack style pin to insert into the wand, but I was wondering if someone with technical knowhow could think through the best way to do that, in addition to sending the effects through the speaker on the pack and activating the lights. I feel like this would be an awesome mod and probably not too involved.
ProtonPack83 wrote:My biggest question is has anyone used their MATTY WAND and found a way to connect it somehow? I know you'd need an 1/8" headphone jack style pin to insert into the wand, but I was wondering if someone with technical knowhow could think through the best way to do that, in addition to sending the effects through the speaker on the pack and activating the lights. I feel like this would be an awesome mod and probably not too involved.
Spongeface sells a Matty wand sound board... no soldering involved, it controls lights and sounds on the pack.... check his thread and he's selling them on eBay as well!! I just installed mine, it's amazing
ProtonPack83 liked this
Reppert7 wrote:
ProtonPack83 wrote:My biggest question is has anyone used their MATTY WAND and found a way to connect it somehow? I know you'd need an 1/8" headphone jack style pin to insert into the wand, but I was wondering if someone with technical knowhow could think through the best way to do that, in addition to sending the effects through the speaker on the pack and activating the lights. I feel like this would be an awesome mod and probably not too involved.
Spongeface sells a Matty wand sound board... no soldering involved, it controls lights and sounds on the pack.... check his thread and he's selling them on eBay as well!! I just installed mine, it's amazing
Sounds like exactly what I'm looking for, I'll check him out!
Ectoboy16 wrote:I contacted Spirit Halloween via web chat recently. I asked if the packs would be available online only or through stores too. They said that stores would have a limited supply. Now I think we may actually be able to get them quicker at a store instead of online ordering. Leaving time for mods
Hmmm, I wonder if there is a Spirit near Disneyland?
ROBOrob77 wrote:Spirit's website now shows the Deluxe Replica Proton Pack's are "sold out".
Hopefully they can fulfill everyone's orders before halloween.
I noticed this too. Should we be concerned that we're going to get them at all or is this a sign that they're not taking any more orders and will start to fulfill the ones they have?
New video of a modified SH Pack.

One concern, they mention a rumor that SH didn't have permission from Sony to make this and have been C&Ded.
Not sure how this would effect those of us with existing orders if it is true. I would hope they could come to some agreement to at least finish up the preorders.

Anyone have more information on this?
FemmeSpengs wrote:
ROBOrob77 wrote:Spirit's website now shows the Deluxe Replica Proton Pack's are "sold out".
Hopefully they can fulfill everyone's orders before halloween.
I noticed this too. Should we be concerned that we're going to get them at all or is this a sign that they're not taking any more orders and will start to fulfill the ones they have?
Sounds like they're fulfilling existing orders before taking on new ones--gotta say, I'm rather impressed with that business model. I have three packs on order with them and haven't received any notice of them cancelling it and I also checked my order this morning and it still shows an approximate 15-Oct-2017 ship date. :cool:
GK45 wrote:One concern, they mention a rumor that SH didn't have permission from Sony to make this and have been C&Ded.
Not sure how this would effect those of us with existing orders if it is true. I would hope they could come to some agreement to at least finish up the preorders.

Anyone have more information on this?
Don't waste your time believing in a C&D because of what was said in a YouTube video. Looking at the packaging, Spirit would be risking huge $ by not having permission to make this so I doubt that's the case--they use the logo, the font, the name, everything; I'm fairly certain they had the licensing rights. Besides, if they didn't have the licensing rights, all GB material, and probably Star Wars too, would have been removed from the site. No need to start a panic GK45. ;)
deadderek liked this
TK5759 wrote: Don't waste your time believing in a C&D because of what was said in a YouTube video. Looking at the packaging, Spirit would be risking huge $ by not having permission to make this so I doubt that's the case--they use the logo, the font, the name, everything; I'm fairly certain they had the licensing rights. Besides, if they didn't have the licensing rights, all GB material, and probably Star Wars too, would have been removed from the site. No need to start a panic GK45. ;)
Oh, I wasn't panicking.
It wouldn't make sense that they didn't clear everything legally speaking before making it, especially given the detailed work they put into it.
At worst it would just be a misunderstanding about a stamp on the box or some legal jumbo that they forgot to stick on the pack and had gotten blown up by rumors.
I just wanted to double check in case I had missed something.
GK45 wrote: Oh, I wasn't panicking.
It wouldn't make sense that they didn't clear everything legally speaking before making it, especially given the detailed work they put into it.
At worst it would just be a misunderstanding about a stamp on the box or some legal jumbo that they forgot to stick on the pack and had gotten blown up by rumors.
I just wanted to double check in case I had missed something.
I would imagine they'd simply have Spirit revise the packaging if that was the case.
:cool:
TK5759 wrote:I would imagine they'd simply have Spirit revise the packaging if that was the case.
:cool:
You know what it could be. There might have been some confusion over how long Spirit intended to sell the Pack.
They may have signed a contract for just up till Halloween while they intended to sell it year round.
It seems a stupid mistake to make but they were probably working on a lot of new stuff and some of that may well just be around for Halloween and then done.

But again, it's probably nothing. People probably just saw it go out of stock and the rumors went wild.
TK5759 wrote:Don't waste your time believing in a C&D because of what was said in a YouTube video. Looking at the packaging, Spirit would be risking huge $ by not having permission to make this so I doubt that's the case--they use the logo, the font, the name, everything; I'm fairly certain they had the licensing rights. Besides, if they didn't have the licensing rights, all GB material, and probably Star Wars too, would have been removed from the site. No need to start a panic GK45. ;)
Well the pack was first announced on the Ghost Corps Facebook page, which is officially run by Sony so that pretty much puts any rumours that's it's unlicensed out.
TK5759, deadderek, Kingpin and 1 others liked this
The Spirit of Halloween website chat help is actually really helpful. I gave them my zip code and a few others and asked if they could find the Proton Pack for me; they found one in stock in my sister's hometown, then they called the manager to place it on hold for me. She picked it up today and is bringing it to me next visit, well before the one I ordered 2 weeks ago is supposed to arrive. A+ website customer service.
Noremon liked this
Kingpin wrote:I don't have one to hand (these photos were taken by a fellow Facebook user), but it looks like there's loads of room to work with:

I spotted this on a visit to Spirit Halloween and plan to go back for one, it' a huge load off my mind so see all that room in there. No idea if I'll try to get a GB battery or get a cheapo battery box and work with regular AA cells.

Actually I wonder if one can use the battery box it comes with in the meantime.
kurisu7885 wrote:I spotted this on a visit to Spirit Halloween and plan to go back for one, it' a huge load off my mind so see all that room in there.
Just be warned that you may not see any on your return trip, the stores haven't been receiving them in great numbers and they've been selling quickly.
kurisu7885 wrote:Actually I wonder if one can use the battery box it comes with in the meantime.
It depends on the power demand of the set you'd be planning to put into the Pack.
Proton Props UK

Considering David orders most of the parts he does[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]